Scum (A) 24/09- 2PM - SUPER ANGE šŸ„°

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You really a spurs fan?
At the end of the day we are in the business of entertaining and that we did - had a fabulous day and celebrated long into the night - went toe to toe with our fiercest rivals, in their back yard, one of the best teams in the land and more than matched them and shut their nauseous fan base up good and proper - it really was a fabulous day to be a spurs fan

Weā€™re in the business of improving our dire record against teams like Woolwich away which we did. It wasnā€™t just the draw, it was the performance. If youā€™re picking out negatives with that, then fuck knows what pleases you with Spurs.

I remember when a draw against Woolwich was the minimum expectation. This was a standard we met under Christian Gross when we were battling relegation and they won the league and cup double. We might have lost 6-1 at home to Chelsea but we did not lose to the scum.

The first match was at Highbury (we were still under Francis at that point) and it was a 0-0 draw that they completely dominated. Edinburgh was sent off early on in the match and I had the pleasure of following the match through a live radio commentary. Sheer agony but we held on for the point.

The second match at the Lane was the second coming of Jurgen Klinsmann right off the back of a 4-1 thrashing at Villa Park. Jurgen lifted the mood and we got a 1-1 draw.

A win was the hope, a draw was the fallback position and defeat was unthinkable. That's the NLD mentality I grew up with.

My son reminded me earlier that heā€™d asked me about a bet. Iā€™d said 2-2 & Romero to score anytime.
He put Ā£2.50 on it and is now arguing with Bet365 that Romeo did indeed score albeit at the wrong end.
Not sure he will get too far as OGā€™s donā€™t count as far as I know but it was 120/1 & well worth a few emails to make them explain themselves. Cunts.

'The charity Ref Support UK accused Jenas of encouraging the abuse of match officials.'

Absolute joke that this is allowed to present as a charity.

It's the UK mate. I got rejected registering a charity to support disabled people with mental issues because they thought it was too much in my own personal interest...

The stupid thing is at this level the criticism is warranted. You canā€™t have checks and balances if the authorities are deemed beyond reproach. Especially since they have VAR and still have major fuck-ups every game.
I can understand why they gave the handball but the problem is the inconsistencies. A lot of stuff Woolwich did went unchecked. Same with Sheffield United.

Back
Top Bottom