Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.

Monitor fc
Satellite Communications Vintage GIF by US National Archives

INJURED
WHITEMAN
SESSEGNON
GIL
CERTAIN TO GO
LLORIS
NDOMBELE
WHITE
ALMOST CERTAIN
REGUILLON
HOJBJERG
SPENCE
TANGANGA
SANCHEZ
50/50
LO CELSO
PERISIC
UNCERTAIN
PORRO
DAVIES
DIER
Porro just arrived, he's not going anywhere and Ange has already said good things about Davis.

Anges strikers tend to have very little touches in comparison to the rest of the players on the pitch. Play on the last shoulder and look to score one of the many chances we should ideally be creating for them.

Orbans skills are his finishing ability.
Yet Ange “defended” Richarlison’s performance by saying we didn’t use him enough?

We need a CF to replace Richarlison. Full stop

I hate that description, but you are correct in the sense that current Chelsea leadership would fight for the ESL in a way Roman wasn't keen to bother with.

We'll see. It's going to have to take a different shape the next time it arrives anyway, maybe they will have a more dangerous coalition than the motley crew of last time.

I still believe the PL would be better off as a competitor to the ESL than as a participant.
I think you're being too romantic. There's not a media platform in existence that would rather broadcast United v Burnley than United v Atletico. There's no one, other than Burnley supporters, that would be more interested in the former than the latter. The dregs of the PL are so far financially behind the clubs that would make up the last ESL clubs in the gate, there's simply no comparison. The value that clubs like United, Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea, City, and Woolwich give to the rest of the PL, basically as welfare, would be greatly reduced if the bottom value clubs in the league were Atletico, Napoli, Lyon, etc.

Anyway, we're gonna find out eventually so no need for another round of debates.

I think you're being too romantic. There's not a media platform in existence that would rather broadcast United v Burnley than United v Atletico. There's no one, other than Burnley supporters, that would be more interested in the former than the latter.
I am and always would be more interested in United v Burnley than United v Atletico. I've always been more interested in EPL matches than any other matches or other competitions, and I doubt I'm alone in that. It might be 'older skool' (I'm 48 btw), so it may change over time society-wide, but I very much doubt I'm alone in feeling that way at present and for the foreseeable future. Just saying. :)

Last edited:

According to Gazzetta dello Sport (14/08/23 as relayed by Sport Witness), Napoli have already made a lot of progress in their talks with Tottenham over a deal for Giovani Lo Celso.

Lo Celso was one of Tottenham’s stand-out players during pre-season and Ange Postecoglou has admitted that the Argentine fits very well to the style of play he wants to implement at the North London club (Football.London).

However, it appears that Napoli are not giving up on their pursuit of the midfielder, with Gazzetta indicating that the Serie A side want to sign the player on an initial loan deal with an option to buy, similar to the Tanguy Ndombele deal last summer.

In fact, the outlet asserts that talks between Tottenham and the Italian club over Lo Celso are ‘already well advanced’ but they were suspended for a while as the Premier League side were focused on Harry Kane’s sale to Bayern.

It suggested that with the Kane move out of the way, Spurs and Napoli are now set to ‘resume’ their discussions over the 27-year-old in the ‘coming days’.

Spurs Web Opinion

I cannot see Tottenham considering offloading Lo Celso unless the club bring in an attacking midfielder such as Brennan Johnson or Eberechi Eze through the door over the next couple of weeks. As things stand, the Argentine is Ange Postecoglou’s main cover for James Maddison.

I am and always would be more interested in United v Burnley than United v Atletico. I've always been more interested in EPL matches than any other matches or other competitions, and I doubt I'm alone in that. It might be 'older skool' (I'm 48 btw), so it may change over time, but I very much doubt I'm alone in feeling that way at present and for the foreseeable future. Just saying. :)
Same here. Would rather watch Burnley all day long. Maybe it’s a generational thing. Couldn’t give a flying fuck about champions league games unless Spurs are playing.

I am and always would be more interested in United v Burnley than United v Atletico. I've always been more interested in EPL matches than any other matches or other competitions, and I doubt I'm alone in that. It might be 'older skool' (I'm 48 btw), so it may change over time, but I very much doubt I'm alone in feeling that way at present and for the foreseeable future. Just saying. :)
I reckon man u vs atletico in a final CL first round game with nothing on it gets fewer uk viewers than man u Burnley

I doubt that Spurs are seriously interested in him mainly due to various "financial reason"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...-red-alert.html?ico=topics_pagination_desktop

Ansu Fati 'chooses to leave Barcelona with Premier League clubs including Manchester United, Woolwich and Tottenham on red alert'​

• Ansu Fati has reportedly decided that he wants to leave Barcelona this summer
  • The winger has fallen down the pecking order at Barcelona under manager Xavi
  • WATCH: 'It's All Kicking Off' - Episode 1 - Mail Sport's brand new football show
By JEORGE BIRD FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 18:51 BST, 16 August 2023 | UPDATED: 19:41 BST, 16 August 2023

Ansu Fati has reportedly elected to leave Barcelona, with the winger's interest set to spark interest from Premier League clubs.
As reported by AS Sport, Fati feels that he isn't trusted by Barcelona manager Xavi, as demonstrated by the fact that he didn't come on until the 79th minute against Getafe in the opening game of the season.
Manchester United, Woolwich and Tottenham are among the Premier League sides that have been linked with a move for Fati.

Why is it only at Spurs we have few supporters against spending high in TWs???

You don't see such at ManCity, ManU, woolwich, Cheski, Newcastle, Villa, Liverpool.......

Those so called supporters lack ambition.

Years of ENIC have institutionalized them. They can’t be happy with a transfer unless it’s deemed as “good value”.
Started a whole thing about this yesterday. Not our money who cares, show some ambition, we are a rich club, fans pay a premium, why are we always penny pinching?
The usual suspects shot me down with words that could have come straight out of ENICS mouth

Back
Top Bottom