Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
NBA/NHL clubs routinely travel similar amounts (not that the Saudi clubs will be in a super league, the Saudis will just be financially invested in it).

It's all about money. Free market capitalism tends to concentrate assets into smaller and smaller circles. It's been the inevitable end state for football since the first advertising board went up. You could argue, it became inevitable the day players became professionals.
NBA/NHL teams, however, don't play only on the weekend. When they travel from one coast to the other, it's part of a 3-4 game swing. Can't do that with football

And it is on the side of Turkey that the first interests have been expressed for the international tricolor (7 selections). Indeed, according to our information, Galatasaray and Fenerbahçe have made an offer of 10 million euros to release him from his two remaining years of contract. Nevertheless, the main concerned is not interested in a departure in Süper Lig. The trend would therefore lean towards an additional season in the London formation.

NBA/NHL teams, however, don't play only on the weekend. When they travel from one coast to the other, it's part of a 3-4 game swing. Can't do that with football
I don't understand how you're making this statement and seemingly implying that it's less burdensome to travel thousands of miles for games in the NBA/NHL than it would be in the PL to fly to/from once a week for a match.

Compare it to the NFL (or the MLS foe that matter), then, same thing. Thousands of miles of traveling for one match a week.

The reality is its much easier to fly on a chartered jet to Saudi for a weekend match than it used to be to take a coach to bloody Newcastle. The travel isn't nearly the issue people make it out to be. Particularly within Europe which is predominately within the same time zone.

Oh nonsense the fans killed the ESL once and they, we, can kill it again.

The same way the people kill any grand evil design of mustache twirling capitalists, solidarity and clear coordinated action against the problem.
Abramovich deciding it wasn't worth it is all that deterred the last push. He's gone and been replaced, not insignificantly, with a US based Saudi backed hedge fund manager.

The idea that the supporters can prevent the ESL is optimistic.

Why is it only at Spurs we have few supporters against spending high in TWs???

You don't see such at ManCity, ManU, woolwich, Cheski, Newcastle, Villa, Liverpool.......

Those so called supporters lack ambition.

Abramovich deciding it wasn't worth it is all that deterred the last push. He's gone and been replaced, not insignificantly, with a US based Saudi backed hedge fund manager.

The idea that the supporters can prevent the ESL is optimistic.
I hate that description, but you are correct in the sense that current Chelsea leadership would fight for the ESL in a way Roman wasn't keen to bother with.

We'll see. It's going to have to take a different shape the next time it arrives anyway, maybe they will have a more dangerous coalition than the motley crew of last time.

I still believe the PL would be better off as a competitor to the ESL than as a participant.

That isn't an argument for another young guy who might develop though, that is an argument for bringing in a proven striker who can compete and take the jersey. So back to Vlahovic in other words.
It’s not meant to be an argument at all Jenny.

It’s merely my opinion and I just can’t see him coming good. For Spurs sake I hope I’m wrong but I don’t think I am.

So yeah, with Harry now gone I think it’s arguable that CF has eclipsed CB as our most glaring weakness

week GIF

Back
Top Bottom