Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
You say that like it's a a bad thing. I'd honestly rather we him bring in nobody than clog up the squad with more dead wood.

There is no plan (like usual) that much is evident.

No DOF, No Munn, no transfers in or (as important at this stage) out. There is a huge lack of decision making from Levy.

The Munn thing is absolutely strange. I bet he doesnt end up coming.

You didn't think what he has done previously is clear cut?

does it get more "clear cut" then sacking a manager 6 days before a cup final. The man didn't want to pay a bonus for potentially winning a cup so sacked him.

Money over cups, money over having a decent squad, money over everything.
Yeah I was interested in that cup comment you made

Straight away it doesn’t make sense if there was a cup win bonus how significant would it be to the generous package he paid JM

Then your saying Danny would rather hinder the chance of winning a cup than actually pay this comparatively insignificant bonus ?!?!

And a reasonable scan across the Interweb highlights absolutely fuck all to suggest what you’ve put is true

Simon Jordan comes closest in a piece describing DL which talks port bends the headline

But most run with he was the most reluctant to get rid of Jose … loyal to a fault according to the rest of the feeling inside Tottenham and sacked him because nagelsman was supposedly our first choice and we wanted him should BM be rid of him and he thought it’d have a positive effect on the team

People are predominantly sentimental, willing believe anything to enforce their bias and narrative

So we can clear that from the clear cut reason

Ange says that every club he’s at they start slowly and it takes a few games to get his system in.

Surely it makes more sense to have as many of those games being friendly?

No amount of training can replace the questions another team can ask in a game situation…

Now, if they get training ground friendly games against champo or league 1 clubs??? That is more use than flying about the place I agreed
Be that as it may, you can't get players to take friendlies as seriously as a matchday. it's an excercise in building fitness and some match cohesion amongst the players, and Ange has also said he doesn't give a rat's arse if he wins or loses a friendly because they're not really supposed to put down a marker of where you stand as a team, until there are stakes on the line you won't be seeing 100% from anyone apart from the players who seriously have something to prove, it's no coincidence that GLC has looked mustard in both our friendlies so far, given he has a lot to prove to the new gaffer and to the football world in general, I slightly fear he won't be able to continue that form into the competitive season when everyone on the opposing team is giving it 100% as well.

I'd hand maddison and the £40 mill back to leicester if it meant we got a top quality CB instead, it's so vital due to the complete lack of talent already in the squad. Further compounded by switching from 3CBs to 2CB formation playing a high line.
Nah, Maddison will be more important to the way we play than any CB.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we end up with Bremer.

I still think Paratici is in charge of everything. I wouldn’t be surprised if we’ve never even had a conversation around VdV or Tapsoba.

I'd hand maddison and the £40 mill back to leicester if it meant we got a top quality CB instead, it's so vital due to the complete lack of talent already in the squad. Further compounded by switching from 3CBs to 2CB formation playing a high line.
Nah, Maddison will be more important to the way we play than any CB.

Maddison is an important signing.

CB needed to be addressed first

So Leicester get £40m, Maddison, and £40m??

Sounds like the Gil transfer all over again!

I mean, we have a goalkeeper whose job it is to make sure the ball doesn't go in our goal.

Why waste money on another player who does the same job but can't even use his hands to do it, let alone another two players?!

Madness. Just play the keeper and another bloke to score for us. They can rotate if they get bored. Job done.

People love to overcomplicate this football stuff.

Not enough of us these days, unfortunately.
Lol. Well naturally John as i typed that out your name was the first example I’d have given

Hold on

Or was that seditious malcontent?

I forget now

Regardless of outright intellect… you’re a leader. You’ve recruited quite the following and if Danny doesn’t sign 2 very good CBs. You might have one more to add to the ranks. If you’ll have me of course

That’s the point isn’t it.

Money talks and you have a chance when you talk the right language

Well, two are not like the others. We had no chance with Dias and Bastoni.

Im not even sure we ever had a chance at Gvardiol or were ever even serious about it either.

Skriniar and Tapsoba are the only two on that list where we've had legitimate strong interest both sides and the issue seems to be money related and two we should end up grumbling about.

Ange says that every club he’s at they start slowly and it takes a few games to get his system in.

Surely it makes more sense to have as many of those games being friendly?

No amount of training can replace the questions another team can ask in a game situation…

Now, if they get training ground friendly games against champo or league 1 clubs??? That is more use than flying about the place I agreed
I think where you’ve a new manager you want a good number

Where you’re moving from conte to Ange …. You want as many as you can get

Yeah but Musiala is alot more unrealistic than Tapsoba.

He's more than gettable. We just don't want to pull the trigger.

He's a good prospect. Rapid, good brave passer and left footed. Those are three green flags.

Some players are just suited. Botman was one who we were linked with in the past and I always thought he wasn't good enough. Came in and within the right system, helped transform Newcastle into having one of the best defensive records in the league.

We are going to be dominating the ball. 60%+ possession in most games. That puts less pressure on our defence. If having a fast centre back allows that high line to work more efficiently and the manager wants him, I'm okay with that.
Watch what Van de Ven does here. Tall #5 wearing the black boots for reference.

On 0:10 and then 7:02

This is terrifying. I am literally having nightmares over his horror defending on both of these goals. Does that not scare the shit out of you? Seriously. I’m horrified. I’m sick watching that. His “defending” on the 7:05 goal from Musiala is vomit-worthy and also indicative of his passive stand-offish style.

Wonder what the excuses will be if we don't bring a couple of new CBs in before the window closes ?

I'm hoping for some creative submissions

These clubs saw that we were getting the Kane money and tried to rip us off. We should absolutely walk away if other clubs try to take the piss out of us, Daniel did the right thing. We're playing possession-ball with Ange at the helm and will have 98% of the ball vs most teams so we won't even need a defence most games, we're going to be far too good for that.

This account is a bit unhinged but they are spot on here.

Didn’t read the article

But he headline

Diaz …., we were well in … then city came in

This Gvardiol fucker. I mean he’s played 1 good season and if we want him we would again have to outbid city 90m plus.

Skriniar. I think Danny bottled it … that one yeah. I don’t think he fancied paying 50m for someone over 26

Bastoni. Didn’t want to leave snd Inter didn’t force him out … what do you do

Tapsoba. Yeah this is the reckoning imo

Back
Top Bottom