Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
"Elite" CBs no longer cost 50m and won't be interested in signing for the current iteration of Spurs anyway.

Good with potential for growth is the most we can currently expect to attract.... Hence our current targets..... And they'll still prob clock up north of 80m for the pair.

Ok let me rephrase potential elite CB’s which Tapsoba is in, we can’t go into the season with the current backline and not expect it to kick our arse.

He doesn't need to prove it. It's something you hear all the time. You remember all the stories about Luis Enrique preparing PPts with his complete plan for the squad in his Chelsea ITW.

He had that ready because he's a professional and wanted to know what he needed to be successful.

If you are defending the club on the CB hunt, it's you that needs to sit down and shut up my friend.

Find me a post where I've defended the club on the CB hunt you fucking clown. (which is an entirely different point to the one I was making).

And yes, if he wants to make claims, he does need to prove it. Otherwise, all it is is opinion, not fact.

Now my suggestion to you, my friend, would be for you to immediately apologise for trying to claim that I was defending the CB situation (which is a weird flex because that was nowhere near the point being discussed).

Sit down and shut up, yourself.

If your next post to me isn't an apology, then don't post.

Find me a post where I've defended the club on the CB hunt you fucking clown. (which is an entirely different point to the one I was making).

And yes, if he wants to make claims, he does need to prove it. Otherwise, all it is is opinion, not fact.

Now my suggestion to you, my friend, would be for you to immediately apologise for trying to claim that I was defending the CB situation (which is a weird flex because that was nowhere near the point being discussed).

Sit down and shut up, yourself.

If your next post to me isn't an apology, then don't post.
Fuck You, you Fucking Clown.

How you like that for an apology?

Wonder what the excuses will be if we don't bring a couple of new CBs in before the window closes ?

I'm hoping for some creative submissions
With the faff we're making of it, you'd be excused for thinking that we have a really strong group of CBs that it's difficult to upgrade upon.

When the reality is that a Fulham reserve and the work experience kid from Blackburn Rovers would revolutionise your backline, there's really no excuse for it dragging on this long.

Ok let me rephrase potential elite CB’s which Tapsoba is in, we can’t go into the season with the current backline and not expect it to kick our arse.

I've not suggested for a split second that we don't need some CB upgrades.

Fuck You, you Fucking Clown.

How you like that for an apology?

Game On Fighting GIF by Shalita Grant

If you want an elite CB, you should buy J. Sutalo from Dinamo Zagreb. They are my rivals and would really like for him to go as he is beast. Dont think there is much difference between him and Gvardiol in quality of build up play or defending but Sutalo is cheaper because he comes from weaker club. For 20m he is surely available. As I lived in Germany I also watched and still watch BL, I am pretty sure neither Tapsoba or Van de Ven are better than him.

I find it a bit amusing that most people on here are foaming at the mouth for Tapsoba and VDV. I guarantee you pretty much everyone hasn’t even seen the pair of them play 90 minutes before.
Well the essence of it is

We need 2 CBs

These are the clubs chosen ones

So to identify them begin negotiations and not buy them is fucking small time

I’ve never seen either play … but that’s not the point

Back
Top Bottom