Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
No, it's not.

Summer Chilling GIF by Busythings

Well See Episode 7 GIF by Star Wars

He doesn't need to prove it. It's something you hear all the time. You remember all the stories about Luis Enrique preparing PPts with his complete plan for the squad in his Chelsea ITW.

He had that ready because he's a professional and wanted to know what he needed to be successful.

If you are defending the club on the CB hunt, it's you that needs to sit down and shut up my friend.
In any case, if Ange didn't have a very clear idea that all our CBs except Romero aren't good enough for the PL, nevermind top 4/trophies, he's a fucking moron who should be fired out of a cannon all the way back to the land down under.

Guilty to too many, same is Joe. Innocent until proven guilty.
He is 100% guilty. Whether they can make it stick is another matter

I say this because at that level. These traders don’t gamble. They pay well and cultivate all the right relationships to get the all important data before they place their ‘bets’

What pisses me off is …. He can’t use any of that sneaky trading to boost our coffers ? No just friends and family!!! How contemptuous is he towards this club !!

We can't even get a deal done for a kid from Blackburn and a player fulham left off their tour because he is in the final year of his contract and Fulham want to sell.

What makes anyone think we are going to get a deal done for a player their club actually values?

Levy has shafted us for the 738374737734774 time.

Levy is exactly where he wants to be.
He has a coach who isn't whinging to the media that he wants A, B and C and/or doesn't rate X, Y and Z.
He's no doubt hated every window since 2019 having to back Poch, Mourinho and Conte. Now he's back to where he wants to he, dithering, delaying, hiding and palming off some shit at the death.

Watch it happen.

Watch dick heads try to justify it.
The comical thing is lots of our fans said that we need a manager who will put up with it rather than change the CEO. And if Ange is any good, he will be right back where the others were soon enough.

This window is rapidly turning into a shambles.

I suspect Tosin will get done before the first game but won't be integrated so we'll start Romero + Davies and concede a shedload.

Levy will then panic buy on deadline day and end up paying the 40m for Tapsoba he could just pay today.

I hope and think you are wrong but I am prepared to concede you might be right.

It would be a recipe for mediocrity at best.
He had it with Poch for about 3 years. Then it started turning sour. He thought Mourinho was a quick fix, but he wanted actual talent. Probably thought Nono was the golden ticket, top nice to speak out of Turn but maybe good enough for a champions league push (lol)
Then to Conte, Mourinho but better. Wrong.

I give Ang no more than a year before he's dropping bombs in press conferences and ultimately sacked

The post above about the CB from Zagreb makes me wonder what happened to our brand spanking brave new world 'data led transfer approach' that would prevent all these long drawn out sagas. Where we could get good players fairly cheaply from South America and other lesser leagues in Europe. Anyone would think it was a flash in the pan idea at the end of a shit season that hasnt been implemented because too much like hard work/expensive.

We can't even get a deal done for a kid from Blackburn and a player fulham left off their tour because he is in the final year of his contract and Fulham want to sell.

What makes anyone think we are going to get a deal done for a player their club actually values?

Levy has shafted us for the 738374737734774 time.

Sassy Drama Queen GIF

If you want an elite CB, you should buy J. Sutalo from Dinamo Zagreb. They are my rivals and would really like for him to go as he is beast. Dont think there is much difference between him and Gvardiol in quality of build up play or defending but Sutalo is cheaper because he comes from weaker club. For 20m he is surely available. As I lived in Germany I also watched and still watch BL, I am pretty sure neither Tapsoba or Van de Ven are better than him.
Apparently available for 20m euros too. Would much prefer him to Van den Ven.

Daniels gonna throw Ange under the bus with this dog awful defence

I honestly didn’t think he would

I’ve cut him a fair amount of slack previously because I don’t always believe it’s been clear cut

This is and it’s on him Simple as

It’s time we started acting like a big dick in the window.

Leverkusen asking for €50M that’s £42M

That’s not even bad give Wolfsburg £40M

Okay it’s 82M but that’s your fucking defence for 10 years

It’s time we started acting like a big dick in the window.

Leverkusen asking for €50M that’s £42M

That’s not even bad give Wolfsburg £40M

Okay it’s 82M but that’s your fucking defence for 10 years

hmmm 82 Million sure....but we could also get Lenglet for about 4 million and Philips for 5 mill and he'll be worth 40 million plus in 5 years! :levylol:

In a summer when our new manager wanted 2 top-class CBs and one before the pre-season tour, and we have between 8-10 players we already knew we needed to sell....

Daniel Levy decided to go on the fucking tour with the team and put a halt to any transfer business. This club is sadly all about him. Even when he might get something right by appointing Ange, he can't resist the urge to be center of attention and stay in control.

As long as he's involved any success will be an uphill battle.
He should have left our new Director of Football or Scott Munn take charge…..oh silly me.

Daniels gonna throw Ange under the bus with this dog awful defence

I honestly didn’t think he would

I’ve cut him a fair amount of slack previously because I don’t always believe it’s been clear cut

This is and it’s on him Simple as
You didn't think what he has done previously is clear cut?

does it get more "clear cut" then sacking a manager 6 days before a cup final. The man didn't want to pay a bonus for potentially winning a cup so sacked him.

Money over cups, money over having a decent squad, money over everything.

Because he can't pass? or carry the ball? and doesn't fit Ange's system in any way ?

Or because he's from the only agency we are able to sign players from?
Because he’s a damn good defender, let Romero carry the ball.Woth Attack minded fullbacks in Porro and Udogie and a very attacking team we need a really hard defender and for me he would be that player.

Back
Top Bottom