Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think you can replace a CB without too much difficulty. It’s a position which relies a lot on collective organisation & good shielding. Sure a Rio Ferdinand is impossible to replace, but you can get someone who can play out & has recovery pace for 40-45m without too much trouble I’d think.

If we can flog a CB for 80/90m to a mega club that sounds like a great opportunity more than anything else. Someone like Bale or Modric is irreplaceable because they’re borderline magical game changers.
How long has it taken us to replace Jan and Toby. We never replaced Ledley

It's testament to how bad Reguillon and Sess are, that Davies still feels like the most secure LB we have. Admittedly, he can't play in a four and he's poor in the air, but his positioning is good, he knows when to progress the ball and he's simply a better footballer than those two.

Persic was obviously better in the final third, but he's been a weird signing that I won't be especially sad to see the back of.
World class

Davies is a serviceable footballer, not sure why he always gets lumped in with Dier. He’s uninspiring but as a squad player dependable enough.

Pretty much every team has a handful of players like him knocking about, the issue is when he ends up first choice, not that he is a Spurs player.
I suspect he will be first choice for the next season, Udogie will take while to adapt to PL and LWB-LB position switch.

Reports are the player wants his next move to be the step before Real and tgo somewhere he can play regularly now....

Nobody in that level is playing him right now... Maybe City without Gundogan.

Then he'd be best off staying at Fenerbache.

I think he's more than good enough to skip the stepping stone level of a Spurs or Dortmund. Proper generational talent.

Raiola also represented Haaland in the transfer to shitty. Raiola's agency & Haaland's father shared £42 million in agent's fees.

Allegedly, they inserted a release clause of £128 millon after only two seasons into his contract.

In a world where Grealish is sold for £100m ,that's an invitation for the agent to make another fortune.

The player, Haaland, saying "No I want to stay at shitty" can stop any sale. But the Raiola MO is clear & transparent.

Haaland's Man City transfer almost DOUBLE £51m release clause after agent fees

Haaland's Man City release clause after Dortmund exit is £128m after two years

I don't know the reason, but if you look on transfermarkt Haaland is part of the Rafaella Pimenta agency. I know she used to work for Raiola but now she has Haaland, Deligt, Pogba and others. She also represents Arnie Slot

Team Raiola seems to be separate and includes Donnarumma, Gravenberch, Bennacer, Stengs, Van Der Ven and others. Van DenVen's representative at Team Raiola is some bloke called Fernandez.

Who knows why this Team Raiola/Raffaela Pimenta thing happened but it's important not to underestimate the influence Mino Raiola had and the reputation he built up. With him no longer there I think there will be less manipulation and dirty tricks to move players on all the time.

I don't know the reason, but if you look on transfermarkt Haaland is part of the Rafaella Pimenta agency. I know she used to work for Raiola but now she has Haaland, Deligt, Pogba and others. She also represents Arnie Slot

Team Raiola seems to be separate and includes Donnarumma, Gravenberch, Bennacer, Stengs, Van Der Ven and others. Van DenVen's representative at Team Raiola is some bloke called Fernandez.

Who knows why this Team Raiola/Raffaela Pimenta thing happened but it's important not to underestimate the influence Mino Raiola had and the reputation he built up. With him no longer there I think there will be less manipulation and dirty tricks to move players on all the time.
Yes, I'm sure there have been changes since Raiola died.

Also some new regulations attempting to cap agent fees as proportion of transfer fees have been brought in. But experience suggests greedy agents with expensive lawyers will find their way around such things.

Another super agent, Jorge Mendes, is making several more fortunes with the Saudi soft power money dump.

If our scouts think VDV2 is the best CB option, then by all means see what sort of a deal can be done with "team Raiola". But eyes wide open has to be the approach in such circumstances.

Good professional & reasonably competent at both ends. Struggles in several departments and he's not going to progress play like a Lenglet, but he's more reliable and will actually stick a boot in for a tackle. A coaches player. The fact he can also fill in at CB (esp. in a 3) is good too.

Perisic was awful. A very obvious case of stats lying. He was good at set pieces so got a healthy amount of assists, but otherwise his attacking contribution was a few great crosses to Kane. On the other hand, a total liability defensively. He just isn't a wing-back in this league at that age.

A shame as in his prime a highly efficient, dangerous footballer. Tore England a new one in the WC. I prefer him as a wide attacking option and I hope that's where he's used from now on .. if he stays here.
Davies is to slow fir fB in a high pressing attacking style. He needs to go being “reliable” isn’t enough. His never gonna improve starting 11 so what’s the point? We really need to be developing younger players. The gane v Brentford should really be enough to show everyone his useless. Got beaten to east. In a high press we’d be fucked with him at LB. No point keeping him just bcos he can play LCB is no reason especially when we are not likely to play 3 CBs.

No i don't watch the Turkish league but still think some kind of deal for this kid could be the best signing of the window.

#DealWithIt

Would love for us to go for him. We're sorely lacking a bit of fun and flair in this team. Kulu and Romero are the only ones that can make you get off your seat, and Romero for the wrong reason half the time.

2031!!

It’s an insane strategy

That's what they have to do to stay within the new FFP rules. Amortize the transfer fee over a longer period, so it's a lower amount per year. And so far they have managed to sell players or close to selling players for pretty decent fees. Still a risky strategy, though, unless Saudi clubs bail them out with crazy transfer fees when they need it.

They have never done so.
They are linked with, and in doing so i suppose they are ready to pay it:

Market value:
Rice 90m euro
Havertz 55m euro
Timber 42m euro
Chiesa 40m euro

That´s about £200m and it´s counting very low! They are shopping from the top shelf, we are shopping from shelf 3-4.

Compared to us they haven`t had any CL since 2016-2017, they don´t get near as much match day revenue as us now with the new stadium. So YES, we should actually be able to spend MORE than Woolwich!

Back
Top Bottom