Season Ticket Renewals

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Will you renew for next season?

• Yes

Votes: 22 71.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Not if the price increases

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • No

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters
Yeah true. Not saying we will see a churn of 25% but I do think 10% is possible and they will go unsold.

My mortgage will be around 4K per month based on latest interest rates, I wouldn’t cut kids activities before a Spurs ST

Good money says it will be full of Aussies and Japanese tourists soon……

Yeah true. Not saying we will see a churn of 25% but I do think 10% is possible and they will go unsold.

My mortgage will be around 4K per month based on latest interest rates, I wouldn’t cut kids activities before a Spurs ST
Maybe there was 10% churn, but as of this morning there's only 100 unsold, so roughly 0.25% of the >40K STs.

At the moment it seems that there's still enough to take up the slack.

Japanese? Who are we buying?

No idea. I’m not Ange Postie bloke.

But there’s a good chance he’s either looking at Celtic players or the J league - with his contacts and Levy’s desire to open up foreign markets it’s just a matter of time until we have a Japanese player.

Finished last season with 5 Japanese players at Celtic.
The odds are he will follow his same scouting methods.

Maybe there was 10% churn, but as of this morning there's only 100 unsold, so roughly 0.25% of the >40K STs.

At the moment it seems that there's still enough to take up the slack.
Agree, my point was next year when the impact of mortgages really hits.

What will happen short term is ST’s are sold, and most matches are listed for resale to day trippers. This killed the atmosphere last season and will get worse next season

Agree, my point was next year when the impact of mortgages really hits.

What will happen short term is ST’s are sold, and most matches are listed for resale to day trippers. This killed the atmosphere last season and will get worse next season
You may well be right, although the suspected apocalypse didn't happen this year as many predicted and it may not happen next year either.

It is also quite possible that mortgage rates and inflation will begin to drop within 12 months and everone will be full of the joys of spring and happy to blow £1500 on Spurs once again.

I agree that the consequences of inflation and increase housing costs will lead to many more tickets being listed on the exchange, which will probably mean more going unsold and them more considering dumpung their STs at the end of next season, unless things change drastically for the better both on and off the pitch.

Last edited:
You may well be right, although the suspected apocalypse didn't happen this year as many predicted and it may not happen next year either.

It is also quite possible that mortgage rates and inflation will begin to drop within 12 months and everone will be full of the joys of spring and happy to blow £1500 on Spurs once again.

I agree that the consequeces of inflation and increase housing costs will lead to many more tickets being listed on the exchange, which will probably mean more going unsold and them more considering dumpung their STs at the end of next season, unless things change drastically for the better both on and off the pitch.
Inwould be surprised if rates drop in the next year. I know f all but would bet on increases not decreases.

Two outputs from listing tickets - we further become a neutral stadium with people there to see the stadium, not support the teams and secondly, the dump

It’s not lucrative. If this affects 5% of ST holders, it makes them an extra £1M. A tiny boost to annual revenue of 450M. It’s material to a ST holder, but not to the club. Far better ways to increase revenue

Put it a different way, it pays Perisic’s wage for a single month
Of course it's lucrative in the long term, maybe not in Myopia or as far as Benjamin Button is concerned, nevertheless the Club are determined to eradicate this concession by stealth and this is simply an iceberg tip which extends to the removal of same discount for OH/OH+ memberships and youth category which means no new applicants from 2021/22 will ever be able to access the concession.

Completely irrelevant whether or not there are better ways to increase revenue that's not what this is about. Some bean counter decided this was a seamless way to save some wonga on an ongoing basis until the cheap seats disappear into the ether.

Completely irrelevant whether or not there are better ways to increase revenue that's not what this is about. Some bean counter decided this was a seamless way to save some wonga on an ongoing basis until the cheap seats disappear into the ether.
absolutely not defending their strategy here, just saying it’s completely misplaced.

Inwould be surprised if rates drop in the next year. I know f all but would bet on increases not decreases.

Two outputs from listing tickets - we further become a neutral stadium with people there to see the stadium, not support the teams and secondly, the dump
Energy prices are supposed to be coming down.

🥳

absolutely not defending their strategy here, just saying it’s completely misplaced.
In what sense? I haven't suggested the Club will make millions out of this, simply that their reasons where financial and a way not only to save money in the short term but also in the long term to point of eradication. Me saying it is lucrative does not make it so because there are other examples of better revenue streams to be had.

I repeat what I posted earlier this decision was penny pinching and mean spirited and most certainly made for financial rather administrative reasons.

The writing was on the wall ever since they (Club) announced the removal of the OAP concession for anyone signing up after 2021/22, a sure indication they saw the move as a quickfire path to increase revenue.

This is where I feel orgs like the THST fall down.....it is not enough simply to ask questions and bring back the answers, on matters like this they should be more proactive and shame the Club into justifying such decisions rather than accepting feeble excuses like the above removal was in order to reduce the number of ticket types to make it easier for us when we all know it was to increase revenue.

I think people use football as escapism and it’s one of the last things to go.

Do you need those latest £100 shoes or £200 coat?
Eat out a bit less.
Keep that car an extra year.
Tell your kid they won’t make the Olympics so pick another sport apart from swimming.
Buy them a gerbil instead of a pony.

There’s always ways to save a bit of money.
I was talking about this just now. When my budget was tight, I paid my bills and any money left over would go on football first. Never had any savings, just lived from month to month. That was the way it was. Mind you, I didn't have a family to worry about.

Back
Top Bottom