Next Manager Poll (poll reset 11/04/23)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Next Manager

• Rodgers

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Potter

Votes: 25 6.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 177 42.1%
  • Kompany

Votes: 43 10.2%
  • Slot

Votes: 91 21.7%
  • Postecoglou

Votes: 73 17.4%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 31 7.4%
  • Xabi Alonso

Votes: 11 2.6%
  • Stellini

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Frank

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Luis Enrique

Votes: 21 5.0%
  • Zidane

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Glasner

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Amorim

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Carrick

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 23 5.5%
  • Schmidt

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters

Not sure if this chap is a wally, but it’s a good video, if you have the time.

Especially interesting to hear that Postecoglu’s teams need a striker that’s basically not Harry Kane; a selfless runner that makes space for everyone else.

Maybe that was the question each candidate was asked; are you prepared to manage us without Kane, and he said yes.

Especially interesting to hear that Postecoglu’s teams need a striker that’s basically not Harry Kane; a selfless runner that makes space for everyone else.

Maybe that was the question each candidate was asked; are you prepared to manage us without Kane, and he said yes.

Richarlison is perfect for that striker role

James is alright. Used to work with Flav at one point (might still do, can't remember).

If there is some truth to the Kane aspect, I know a lot might see it as being typical ENIC/small-time, but if Harry has made it explicitly clear he's not signing a new deal, then there's a lot of sense in scouting potential managers accordingly.

I'd keep romero and probably lenglet. The rest can go. Happy with porro as RB and get spence back as cover. Udogie will be left back but would sell Davies and sessegnon. Think we might pounce on leeds and saints for a couple of players. Quite like that summerville at leeds but hes a forward.
We need at least 5 CB´s in the squad, that means we would have to sign at least 3 new ones!

Also people won't like this but Hojbjerg is probably our best 8 and if Ange sets up playing like he normally plays then I can see him getting plenty of game time.

So many fans ranting that hiring Ange shows a lack of ambition but did Newcastle hiring Eddie Howe show a lack of ambition? It worked didn’t it? What matters is whether it works.

Let’s give the guy a chance and see what he can do.

So many fans ranting that hiring Ange shows a lack of ambition but did Newcastle hiring Eddie Howe show a lack of ambition? It worked didn’t it? What matters is whether it works.

Let’s give the guy a chance and see what he can do.

I really haven’t seen too much of this. There are a lot of negative nellies around though who’d complain about anything.

I really haven’t seen too much of this. There are a lot of negative nellies around though who’d complain about anything.
I want Levy and ENIC gone, football has outgrown them but I do think the anti Levy stuff is seeping into everything. If new owners had come in and appointed Postecoglou as their first act it would probably be hailed as curveball genius. Wheras its neither brilliant or shit but at least its a change in direction from pound shop Chelsea boredom. However proofs in the pudding and he needs backing and patience and see where we are around Christmas.

I want Levy and ENIC gone, football has outgrown them but I do think the anti Levy stuff is seeping into everything. If new owners had come in and appointed Postecoglou as their first act it would probably be hailed as curveball genius. Wheras its neither brilliant or shit but at least its a change in direction from pound shop Chelsea boredom. However proofs in the pudding and he needs backing and patience and see where we are around Christmas.

Yeah, where the doubt he’ll be backed is valid but it doesn’t need to seep into everything.

It’s hard though, we all want to be positive about a new manager but every single article or tv spot about it finishes the sentence with Kane needs to leave. So the negativity is immediately attached to it.

We need better and more aggressive PR at the club around how good things are reported at the club. It just seems like they want to grind us down and the club do nothing about it.

Not clinical enough as a goalscorer though....if we are are going to play this heavy metal attacking football with not much attention to the defence we wil have to be extremely efficient in front of goal and take our chances.

James is alright. Used to work with Flav at one point (might still do, can't remember).

If there is some truth to the Kane aspect, I know a lot might see it as being typical ENIC/small-time, but if Harry has made it explicitly clear he's not signing a new deal, then there's a lot of sense in scouting potential managers accordingly.
I agree. I just wonder though if Harry and his team have learnt anything and this time are keeping their cards very close to their chest? Possibly not but maybe ENIC just aren’t taking any chances as a result of the silence from Harry

He is miked up on a Twitter clip where he says "get the ball wide, into the box and that's how we score our goals".

Sounds like flying wingers, return of the Balennon.

Happy Season 4 GIF by Broad City

I'll definitely give him a chance and wish him all the best. He'll need all the support he can get to make a success of a Levy appointment.

So ....GOOD LUCK ANGE POSTECOGOLU!!!!!

The irony is though, all those folks urging everyone on the Ange train and yelling at us to get behind the guy and slamming those who have reservations......

You'll be the first cunts to turn on him and and put the boot in if / when things start to go wrong...

:harrylol:

It happens every single time.
How can we be first when half of the cunts on this forum and Twitter already is filling his ass with boots?

It’s been too much of a fucking mess in the last 2-3 years to have the energy to get behind another manager who doesn’t trigger any shred of excitement. I thought after all this mess, ENIC would finally realize how awful their methods have been and make a change for the good of their business, if not for the football club. I understand all managers present a degree of risk, but some are more of a risk than others. I hope I’ll be here in 12, 24 months and admit I was dead wrong, but just like before we appointed Nuno, I can’t see it happening. And just like when Nuno was appointed and I spoke up my mind, I’ll do so now, whether that makes me less of a Spurs fan or not. It is what it is.
Name one manager that would excite you? With Enic still in the club.

Back
Top Bottom