Hopes for the 2023/24 season? 🤔

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hopes for 2023/24?

• Total voters
So much...

1. Kane staying and signing a new contract.
2. Bentancur coming back and performing close to his previous level.
3. Kulusevski and Son to get back to 2021-22 form
4. A quality keeper
5. A top class CB to pair with Romero
6. A manager who improves players, unites the squad, gets our identity and is happy to be here
7. Signs of a long term strategy, including smart, data-driven recruitment
8. Some departures and fresh faces on the Board to bring new energy and ideas
9. Chelsea finding new ways to fail despite spending heavily again in the tf market.
10. Woolwich experiencing a bottlers' hangover and finishing outside the CL places
11. A trophy at last.

Can we just play some better/attacking football please and also bridge the disconnect between the fans and the club and have a team that we can buy into and be proud of.

So much...

4. A quality keeper
6. A manager who improves players, unites the squad, gets our identity and is happy to be here
9. Chelsea finding new ways to fail despite spending heavily again in the tf market.
10. Woolwich experiencing a bottlers' hangover and finishing outside the CL places
11. A trophy at last.
Hollywood.

This is Tottenham.

I honestly thought we’d win the FA Cup this season, but then we decided to field a C team. Was fuming. Domestic trophies on all fronts can be properly committed to. A Cup double, CL qualification and respect restored would be nice. Then H can fairly say “my work here is done.”
I think the team we put out against sheff Utd was (or at least should have been) good enough to win the tie especially with them resting 8 first team players - we only had Kane and Romero missing from the starting XI and no way of knowing but even if we’d beaten Blackburn Man City would have been favourites in the semi final

At the moment, absolutely none. Can't see any available managers fit, except possibly Nagelsman, but expect he will want every expectation fulfilled, including an Aardvark, probably.

I don't have a clue about DOF and so will once again go into a new season with zero expectations. Call me a cynic, but as Machiavelli said, "Cynicism is idealism corrupted by experience.'

So bollocks.

Needed an option for ‘exciting football and squad refresh’ as that’s all I can hope for next season.

So I will not be voting.

:dembelefingers:
Added, also allowed multiple votes

Look Whos Talking Now Omg GIF

Soooo.... hmm... I am really glad that this shitshow of a season is over. Not many bright spots to focus. But while thinking out loud, what strong side could we field next season? Well, I currently opted for 3CB system due to Porro-Udogie-Romero - I think all 3 play better in such formation -
And let's be realistic - time for Kane to move on and hopefully we could squeeze something out for Son as well. That would mean just 4 top quality players needed? Can that really be?

----------------New GK----------------
---Romero-New CB1-New CB2---
-Porro----------------------Udogie---
--------Bentancur--Bissouma------
--------------Kulusevski-------------
-------Richie----New FW----------

Soooo.... hmm... I am really glad that this shitshow of a season is over. Not many bright spots to focus. But while thinking out loud, what strong side could we field next season? Well, I currently opted for 3CB system due to Porro-Udogie-Romero - I think all 3 play better in such formation -
And let's be realistic - time for Kane to move on and hopefully we could squeeze something out for Son as well. That would mean just 4 top quality players needed? Can that really be?

----------------New GK----------------
---Romero-New CB1-New CB2---
-Porro----------------------Udogie---
--------Bentancur--Bissouma------
--------------Kulusevski-------------
-------Richie----New FW----------
A team with Kulusevski and Richarlison as two of the starting forwards is going nowhere fast.

So much...

4. A quality keeper
11. A trophy at last.

6 , 7 and 8 might happen. The rest would be nice surprises.

It's all well and good saying.....if we improve this and that we could get top 4. There is the small matter of the chavs and scouse to consider, who will also be improving this and that !! That's without considering toon.

Generally when you run a football team regardless if its Echo League, Chelmsford League, non league or right up to the Premier League, the idea is if you replace a player make sure they are either as good as the guy they are replacing or better... we haven't done that in the last 5 years or more
Walker,Rose,Jan,Toby,Eriksen,Dembele, (Prime Dele ) Trippier,Wanyama to name but a few have been replaced with mediocre players, that has been the problem and unfortunately with Levy it will stay the same.
So..nope, I'm not expecting much unless Levy fucks off or has a sudden change of brain cells.

Back
Top Bottom