Aston Villa vs Tottenham Hotspur, Sat 13th May, 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Everton's result last night means we still have a shot at the Europa League. Villa Park is not an easy place to go but we at least have the advantage of playing a direct rival for Europe so it gives us a chance to put our own stamp on things. Another advantage we have is that we know what Emery's Villa is all about but Mason's Tottenham is still an unknown quantity. We have the advantage of surprise.

COYS

My confusion grows with each passing day. Who were that Everton lot who thumped Brighton yesterday? The run-in of this season is nutso. I had a look at the Championship run in-yesterday, and that was bad enough (hyper bonkers), but this PL run-in is making me dizzy.

At this rate it's ten nil to Villa or nil ten to us. I am baffled.
This season as a whole has been nuts. Lots of big results, a world cup in the middle of it. And a literal ton of managers fired.

Villa are going to press high and be ultra physical.

We haven't shown any ability to play through a press all season. It's the easiest scout Emery ever had.

Actually think with another week on the training group Mason will be able to get them better prepared for it.

Long ball over the top of the press, send porro flying after it, ball whipped into the box, Kane header - easy goals.

This tactics lark is piss easy.

:adesalute: :adethumbup:

Intriguing how each coach will plan this game. I can't second guess what's going to happen. We have to stay tight and disciplined in defence as that's what's been worked on. Our MF is a problem and Ryan must know that. Harry is our best creator from MF so Son and Richi maybe in front of him.

Villa are the sort of team I can see Richi scoring against... dunno why, just a gut feeling!

Cue Dejan to start then!!!

Never thought I'd say this, but Emerson is key to the system working. Him at RCB allows Porro to get forward and use his best abilities, with Emerson shifting to RB and Davies to a LB role.

Bissouma being on the bench on Saturday is brilliant as well, another weeks training hopefully means he can get some minutes.

Everton's result last night means we still have a shot at the Europa League. Villa Park is not an easy place to go but we at least have the advantage of playing a direct rival for Europe so it gives us a chance to put our own stamp on things. Another advantage we have is that we know what Emery's Villa is all about but Mason's Tottenham is still an unknown quantity. We have the advantage of surprise.

COYS
Do we want Europa League? There are some good teams in that. Better off in the Conference playing the blind school.

COYS
BHA have to go to Villa away too

Never thought I'd say this, but Emerson is key to the system working. Him at RCB allows Porro to get forward and use his best abilities, with Emerson shifting to RB and Davies to a LB role.

Bissouma being on the bench on Saturday is brilliant as well, another weeks training hopefully means he can get some minutes.
Love to see Hoj get stuffed in the bin for Bissouma. Surely Mason can see what an absolute fraud he is

Do we want Europa League? There are some good teams in that. Better off in the Conference playing the blind school.
that worked out well last time

TBH - I would rather we stayed out of euro comps next season and let the squad and manager settle in to a good working pattern, without matchday overload playing Ulaanbaatar United or Gawd Almarty on a Thursday night

Europa League 6 pointer against Villa.

Brighton's run to the end of the season is: Red Scum, City, Newcastle, Villa and Southampton. They really needed the 3 points against Everton last night. So despite, Brighton's games in hand - we've got a real shot at EL if we win at the weekend.

To win it though you need to beat Juventus and such like … is that where we are right now? To win the Conference it is Alkmaar and Basel, seems more doable.
EL is doable if we get the appointment right and start playing at a better consistent level and like you say possible to get a glamour tie in the competition

Back
Top Bottom