Southampton v Tottenham Hotspur | Saturday 18th March | KO: 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Didn’t cunte contribute that with his tactics and subs? Basically we sit back anyway and at 3-1 we had everyone almost in our pen box. This is just his default tactic. However the subs basically killed off any attacking threat on the right. We had f all on the left anyway apart from crosses by peri. His tactics cost us the game. Look at dippers v manure they kept going until 90th min. Contes tactics are always pacific anyway so we don’t go for the jugular. However the main thing is giving up possesion and territory. Letting the oppo get a foot hold and allow them to cross and shoot. Now if we knew how to keep the ball and pass it around we’d have control of the game. However contes whole philosophy is not to have the ball so we never have control. His basically playing Russian roulette with our crap defenders.
I don't like Conte's tactics or the style of play.

However; fucking 1-3 up against a team bottom of the league, who have failed to score more than one goal in any of their last 22 games, with 10 minutes to go, is simply unforgivable.

Conte's celebrations for the third Spurs goal today appeared sincere to me.

I have doubted his sincerity since Christmas and at times have felt he would prefer the sack to seeing this season through.

Either way it seems obvious he is going.

He's angry about it by the looks of it.

I would suggest that this is a man who feels let down by his chairman and most of his players.

Levy has avoided making any decision up until now.

Conte is forcing the issue.

I blame Levy for all of it.

3-1 up and i think it was dier decided to retreat to the goal line instead of going with walcott. Then the penalty was laughable but sarr thought he had all the time in the world.

Dumb decisions.

Conte's celebrations for the third Spurs goal today appeared [in]sincere to me.

I have doubted his sincerity since Christmas and at times have felt he would prefer the sack to seeing this season through.
I think you meant insincere and that is exactly what I thought at the time.

TastyEuphoricBarb-size_restricted.gif

I just don't think you call such a weak penalty in stoppage time. The unwritten rule for referees in any sport is they should not affect the outcome of the game. They affected this one.
How the fuck they could give that is beyond me. Nile’s got the ball first and sarr swings after he has gone. It’s a fucking fix. Never a penalty.

3-1 up and i think it was dier decided to retreat to the goal line instead of going with walcott. Then the penalty was laughable but sarr thought he had all the time in the world.

Dumb decisions.
Dire Loves to back pedal. He Loves to take his arms and tuck them behind his back. How the hell are you supposed to make a tackle like this. (The Dire is intentional)

Why? We would bounce straight back up and are financially resilient for one season to have low impact. We need a huge overhaul from staff to players to strategy
All the hard work to date goes down the drain. No European money, all the good players leave.
SORRY BUT YOU ARE AN IDIOT.
Ask any Everton fan if they want yo be relegated ?

Just change the manager now, no point continuing. If he can’t get the players to understand how to manage a game then it’s all pointless. At 3-1 up we should be controlling the game, instead the players get too casual, make a mistake then panic and make more.

The situation before the second Saints goal sums it up. We have a throw in which falls to Romero, despite being under pressure in our half he shows no urgency, loses the ball and Saints get easy possession from which they eventually score. In these away games we just lurch from arrogance to panic at a moments notice. There is no mental resilience or focus at all.

This isn't the managers fault.

Who the fuck do you think will come in and get the likes of Sanchez, Dier, Sess, Davies, Tanganga, Pierre, Emerson, and the rest of those soft sods to ply any better?

Look how many of those starters today (Lloris would have started if fit) were managed by Poch? Three managers ago!

Those players are the culprits not the manager.

Back
Top Bottom