Southampton v Tottenham Hotspur | Saturday 18th March | KO: 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sack.

Him.
Funny how his only realised that now? What about all the other shit no show performances? Why didn’t he say something then? When we win play like that he wouldn’t say anything as it’s a justification for his tactics. Look at how he was going mental when we scored like it was some sort of master plan. Was he thinking the sane then? Like dier if he saw that some players were selfish and seen it for months why not fucking drop them grow a pair ffs. All he does is speak to press and vents his anger but never takes any responsibility for himself. His pad £15M to change exactly what his moaning about and has abjectly failed. Ok the club has its faults but they don’t decide on tactics, style of play, in game management, subs, training, etc. he is supposed to be elite but his no more than Pulis. Why didn’t he say the sane after SU game? How many times has he said after a bad game he was happy with the commitment and everything from the players. Was he thinking they were selfish then? His a big time fraud and nothing is ever his fault. Cunt!

Today is the first time in a long time I have felt like Conte is the right manager for the job.
His football’s been awful this year. Look at the squad he sent out on to the pitch in the FA cup. We’ve relied on luck to see us through games when we’re being half battered to death. Subs he’s barely used, weird substitutions, brainless substitutions, same predictable formation, shitty regressing defence, constantly playing Son…

If there was some glimmer of improvement in there, I might agree, but it’s been turgid and it’s not all on the players.

He’s right to call Levy and ENIC out, but he’s deluded if he doesn’t think he’s had a fair part to play in our regression.

He can take his “I’m doing you minnows a favour” remarks and stick them up his gravity well.

(Oh…corners. That is the one area he’s improved us. Remember when we went however crazy number of games without scoring a single one? I’ll give him that. But that’s all I can think of.)

What a rant?! Why is behaving like a twat?

He has a point, the players are relaxed and there not fighting spirit or urgency. I thought it's his job to create something. I think we need a new board a new regime new players ... won't happen so forget it and live with it Spurs fans including me.

First manager to speak up. First manager with Balls. Shows his passion for the sport and how much he believes in what he does. He said it like it is. Tottenham is like it is because Levy doesn't give a Shit about football.

Funny how his only realised that now? What about all the other shit no show performances? Why didn’t he say something then? When we win play like that he wouldn’t say anything as it’s a justification for his tactics. Look at how he was going mental when we scored like it was some sort of master plan. Was he thinking the sane then? Like dier if he saw that some players were selfish and seen it for months why not fucking drop them grow a pair ffs. All he does is speak to press and vents his anger but never takes any responsibility for himself. His pad £15M to change exactly what his moaning about and has abjectly failed. Ok the club has its faults but they don’t decide on tactics, style of play, in game management, subs, training, etc. he is supposed to be elite but his no more than Pulis. Why didn’t he say the sane after SU game? How many times has he said after a bad game he was happy with the commitment and everything from the players. Was he thinking they were selfish then? His a big time fraud and nothing is ever his fault. Cunt!
Maybe he thought he can genuinely bring change. Don't look for an escape GOAT. Levy is fully to blame.

Conte is a Napoleon, for better and worse. I understand your points but I worry about what happens if the same players who (I think) Conte rightly called out are now able to say once again, "We were here when this one came and we're here now that he left". Even if you don't keep Conte it now seems more clear that you have to make major changes to the squad before next season. If only Conte goes it will just reenforce the lack of accountability which seems to characterize this unit.

I was fed up with Spurs during the first half today.

It was predictably mundane until Porro scored, just before half time, with the best chance Spurs created, having blazed two other chances over the bar, from a slightly further distance.

My mood before the first goal was a mixture of frustration and apathy. I've been getting used to it as this terrible World Cup season has dragged on and on.

Spurs were shit in the first half. Southampton were understandably shit but under far more pressure than Spurs due to their position in the league table.

Southampton equalizing, right at the start of the second half, was again predictably shit stuff from this mentally weak Spurs side.

Another 20 minutes of scrappy, scruffy, midfield dross unfolded.

The ref was also shit and contributed to this game becoming over aggressive by ignoring blatant fouls and being inconsistent with many of the decisions he actually did make.

Somehow Spurs found a way to get the job done and went 1-3 up. Hallelujah but no glory glory or cigar.

The cunts then found a way to fuck up the lead they barely deserved.

Conte is right about these players and he is within his rights to dig them out after that shit show.

They killed Jose's dog.

They've seen off Conte's gallbladder;

They're fucking humiliating Spurs brilliant supporters.

1-3 up against bottom of the league with 10 minutes to go.

Only Tottenham could do this.

Spursy through and through.

Hahaha, soft? There’s no contact. It was dumb, but Sarr literally missed. I have no idea who the VAR official was, but they should never officiate again. There is no contact, and no possible way that’s a foul. It’s unforgivable.

And yeah, of course we shouldn’t have been in that position and yada, yada, yada. But it’s a fucking brutal call that is probably season altering. Unbelievable that it was allowed to stand.
It boils my piss. Three minutes to decide last week rhat Richie was offside and 40 seconds on a last minute dubious penalty .
Complete bollocks is what it is.

What it means is that the same XI will get flogged for the rest of the season now; whether things are working or not.

Losing Ben is massive.... Best LB... Best LCB.....
Hopefully the next manager is open minded and tries Kulu, Royal or Danjuma there (LWB). Back 4 and it has to be Royal I guess?

What on earth are you on about?
You said they were unhappy. But why be unhappy yet want the people responsible for making you unhappy to remain. Unless the owner & chairman aren’t responsible for the club. Anyway, who cares! Have a nice night

First manager to speak up. First manager with Balls. Shows his passion for the sport and how much he believes in what he does. He said it like it is. Tottenham is like it is because Levy doesn't give a Shit about football.

Fair point but Cunte is also to blame

The officiating was abysmal but a win today , although being great , would just be papering over the cracks . We are a mess at the moment , no clear game plan
3 points today would have been huge for our season. After the break Newcastle have United and Liverpool have City, we could have put some distance between ourselves and rivals for top 4.

The issue, these same mentally weak cunts are the same fucks that got Pochettino, Nuno, Jose and now Conte the sack. Lloris, Davies, Dier, Sanchez, Tanganga, sessegnon, Son etc etc. All mentally weak bastards stinking out this place far too long and consistently fucking up season in season out. When do we start blaming these wankers? I’m sick of the sight of them all

I was fed up with Spurs during the first half today.

It was predictably mundane until Porro scored, just before half time, with the best chance Spurs created, having blazed two other chances over the bar, from a slightly further distance.

My mood before the first goal was a mixture of frustration and apathy. I've been getting used to it as this terrible World Cup season has dragged on and on.

Spurs were shit in the first half. Southampton were understandably shit but under far more pressure than Spurs due to their position in the league table.

Southampton equalizing, right at the start of the second half, was again predictably shit stuff from this mentally weak Spurs side.

Another 20 minutes of scrappy, scruffy, midfield dross unfolded.

The ref was also shit and contributed to this game becoming over aggressive by ignoring blatant fouls and being inconsistent with many of the decisions he actually did make.

Somehow Spurs found a way to get the job done and went 1-3 up. Hallelujah but no glory glory or cigar.

The cunts then found a way to fuck up the lead they barely deserved.

Conte is right about these players and he is within his rights to dig them out after that shit show.

They killed Jose's dog.

They've seen off Conte's gallbladder;

They're fucking humiliating Spurs brilliant supporters.

1-3 up against bottom of the league with 10 minutes to go.

Only Tottenham could do this.

Spursy through and through.
Didn’t cunte contribute that with his tactics and subs? Basically we sit back anyway and at 3-1 we had everyone almost in our pen box. This is just his default tactic. However the subs basically killed off any attacking threat on the right. We had f all on the left anyway apart from crosses by peri. His tactics cost us the game. Look at dippers v manure they kept going until 90th min. Contes tactics are always pacific anyway so we don’t go for the jugular. However the main thing is giving up possesion and territory. Letting the oppo get a foot hold and allow them to cross and shoot. Now if we knew how to keep the ball and pass it around we’d have control of the game. However contes whole philosophy is not to have the ball so we never have control. His basically playing Russian roulette with our crap defenders.

Didn’t think it was a pen but really stupid for Sarr to swing a leg at it like that. The moment he lifted his leg it had pen written all over it.

Back
Top Bottom