Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes. In pure domestic results terms I understood why people were getting frustrated. But he'd brought so much to the club and deserved a bit more time at least.
Problem was I think he was knackered, shame it's not feasible for managers to take a few months' break, in a way.
You’re spot on - Poch (and the team frankly) felt like they needed a sabbatical after coming second to Chelsea, let alone the CL final

It will be viewed that way yes, and 4th is very decent for the 6/7th richest/revenue club. Levy will get his bonus no doubt.
But it does airbrush out the dire football and wasted cup opportunities.
Modern football all over.

100 percent it's been a poor experience but two CL qualifications from where we were under nuno and Jose would be I guess seen as a success for Levy and a acceptable for us once he has left and the anger dies down

I've got no respect for you or your opinions ever since you outed yourself as a pro-Putin supporter, you mouth breathing waste of life.

You should be ashamed that you were even born.

Clown

Speak to me like that again, and it'll be the biggest regret of your entire miserable existence.

Got it? Good. Now shut the fuck up.
Meme Ada GIF by Crypto GIFs & Memes ::: Crypto Marketing

Yes. In pure domestic results terms I understood why people were getting frustrated. But he'd brought so much to the club and deserved a bit more time at least.
Problem was I think he was knackered, shame it's not feasible for managers to take a few months' break, in a way.
It should be feasible and there’s no reason why it shouldn’t happen. Would help giving key players a few weeks off at times too when all players are fit

But top 4 would be considered a success to the big bald man , I’m sure levy is working it all out now and if he thinks conte can get us top 4 he ain’t going any where
Given that 4th is literally the only thing left for us to play for, bald man would be an imbecile to turn over the reins until he’s convinced that Conté is keeping us from that goal. That might come sooner ( a home defeat to Forest), later or not at all.

It should be feasible and there’s no reason why it shouldn’t happen. Would help giving key players a few weeks off at times too when all players are fit
Yes.

Imagine the pressure of a combined CL and PL run in while trying to hold that squad together.

I know that resilience is a trait of the absolute elite, but I do reckon football could do with being a bit more flexible.

Last edited:
At the time I wanted Poch to go because I thought he was holding us back from a trophy. In hindsight I think he was what was getting us so close.

He had to go as his last year was poor and he didn’t even look well so for his health too

Levied!!!

1 game a week now pretty much till the end of the season.

Might help but honestly I can't see it.

Can't keep on with a manager who earns £15m and only gets results when we have one game a week.
The one game a week would present the ideal opportunity to allow a new manager to assess the squad ahead of the Summer transfer window. It would remove the necessity of said new manager having to do it during Pre Season and thus would remove one of the classic excuses churned out at times for not bringing in new players early.

Not getting rid of Conte now would be yet another on the very long list of moronic decisions by the club.

But top 4 would be considered a success to the big bald man , I’m sure levy is working it all out now and if he thinks conte can get us top 4 he ain’t going any where :levylol:
Yeah I do tend to agree that will probably be the case.

On paper we have a favourable run of fixtures but we know that's the never the case. Tomorrow will be a big match, struggle through that or even worse lose and it'll be a horrendous atmosphere.

Hope it doesn't come to that though.

Plus he presides over the team who play the worst football in the division. Nobody would pay to watch us who wasn’t a fan, either in person or on tv.
Yeah definitely, the system has gone to pot.

I wouldn't mind if Conte was abit more flexible but he's so stubborn it pisses me off.

When he was Chelsea manager didn't he go from 4 at the back to 3 and then it was all Rosie from then. Just try 3-5-2 or something. Just something that looks as though you are actually trying and give a fuck.

The one game a week would present the ideal opportunity to allow a new manager to assess the squad ahead of the Summer transfer window. It would remove the necessity of said new manager having to do it during Pre Season and thus would remove one of the classic excuses churned out at times for not bringing in new players early.

Not getting rid of Conte now would be yet another on the very long list of moronic decisions by the club.
Yep fair points, that would be a good situation for a new manager. My only concern is there isn't many gettable managers at this point of the season apart from Poch who is the obvious candidate.

Tomorrow will be a big game. Then Southampton, should be 6 points

If not

Then an international break........

That's been his arrogant position all along though. Leaving the whole direction of the club on whether he deems the players good enough. When's the cut off? July? August? September?

Either commit now or bugger off ASAP.
He can deem the players not good enough all he likes. The fact that our players are not world beaters has really shown Conte’s limitations in the role. How dare we expect him to be able to roll his sleeves up and actually improve them. In fact the longer this season has gone on it has become more and more apparent that it is probably more a case that Conte is not good enough for this club rather than the players.
In terms of committing now or buggering off as you put it I think it will be terrible for the club if he stays

Back
Top Bottom