Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can understand that in a way. Was my thinking when Poch was sacked. Felt impatient given the need to rebuild at the time.
Problem being that Conte looks like he can't wait to get out, not a man who is trying his best and just needs more time.
I'd have lots of patience if we were in the position Chelsea have been with Potter for example. A "project" manager.
At the time I wanted Poch to go because I thought he was holding us back from a trophy. In hindsight I think he was what was getting us so close.

1 game a week now pretty much till the end of the season.

Might help but honestly I can't see it.

Can't keep on with a manager who earns £15m and only gets results when we have one game a week.

At the time I wanted Poch to go because I thought he was holding us back from a trophy. In hindsight I think he was what was getting us so close.
Yes. In pure domestic results terms I understood why people were getting frustrated. But he'd brought so much to the club and deserved a bit more time at least.
Problem was I think he was knackered, shame it's not feasible for managers to take a few months' break, in a way.

Yes. In pure domestic results terms I understood why people were getting frustrated. But he'd brought so much to the club and deserved a bit more time at least.
Problem was I think he was knackered, shame it's not feasible for managers to take a few months' break, in a way.
Probably also let down with the whole no transfer saga after having so much success

Can't keep on with a manager who earns £15m and only gets results when we have one game a week.
He'll be gone come season end if not before, absolutely no chance he's here next season.

He'll be gone come season end if not before, absolutely no chance he's here next season.
Yeah I do agree, it's his attitude which has really annoyed me recently. He doesn't even say the right things, he's just grumpy and moody.

However much I wanted him to work here, I support THFC, it's bad enough other fans/managers etc slagging off the club let alone your own manager.

I don't think it will help. I suspect the dressing room is fractured. Kane will play for himself. Knowing Son's character he will double down but its such a fucking mess I half expect a poor performance and Conte gone by Sunday evening .

I don't think it will help. I suspect the dressing room is fractured. Kane will play for himself. Knowing Son's character he will double down but its such a fucking mess I half expect a poor performance and Conte gone by Sunday evening .
Can't say I'm overly looking forward to the game tomorrow for those exact reasons. We're a resilient set of fans though, we've had plenty of training for these types of scenarios :roflmao:

It is a fcuking sh!t time with this fcuker at our club.

Tomorrow we will see if there is a shred of respect for the bloke with regards to the players, especially if we go one down.

We badly need a manager who cares and wants and needs to prove a point, and who appears to be of the right quality.

Rodgers for me or of that ilk.

Antonio Conte on Rich

“He started well with us. He had an injury in the Champions League. Then he went to the World Cup. And they didn’t win the World Cup. And he had another injury, serious. He came back and he stayed one month out and then another injury. He scored zero goals with us. Only two goals in Champions League. I think that the guy was really honest to tell that his season is not good but his season, our season, has not still finished and he has the time to recover and if he deserves to play, I’ll give him the opportunity, otherwise we’ll play another player.”

There's a very unhealthy dynamic right now in our locker room.

But top 4 would be considered a success to the big bald man , I’m sure levy is working it all out now and if he thinks conte can get us top 4 he ain’t going any where :levylol:

Antonio Conte on Rich

“He started well with us. He had an injury in the Champions League. Then he went to the World Cup. And they didn’t win the World Cup. And he had another injury, serious. He came back and he stayed one month out and then another injury. He scored zero goals with us. Only two goals in Champions League. I think that the guy was really honest to tell that his season is not good but his season, our season, has not still finished and he has the time to recover and if he deserves to play, I’ll give him the opportunity, otherwise we’ll play another player.”

There's a very unhealthy dynamic right now in our locker room.
I used to cut the tool a bit of slack with the way he says somethings. But my partner (Italian) is adamant its not his lack of facility with English take the "they did not win it" referring to Richarlison she says its a simple dig. That is not excused by his difficulties with English. She says he's an even bigger wanker when he talks about the club in the Italian press.....

This cycle of employ and sack doesn’t work. The last 20-30 years shows this to be true. We need to draw a line in the sand at some point and accept that we need to be patient.

Yeah, I agree with that we need to try and stop the merry-go-round of managers, and frankly I think most supporters would be willing to back more of a project manager if they felt there was a vision and some progression.

I know you weren't suggesting it either but Conte is not that manager. He was never a mid-long term appointment and neither was Jose. You could argue that maybe Nuno was but it was obvious from the start he was a panic appointment and out of his depth from the very start.

This club needs major surgery. It's possible that some magical appointment might just throw this team over the edge and accomplish something, but the far more likely scenario is a long-term rebuild better suited to how this club is willing to operate.

We'll see where we finish, ultimately of he ends up finishing 4th twice when he leaves in the summer then overall he will have done a decent enough job
It will be viewed that way yes, and 4th is very decent for the 6/7th richest/revenue club. Levy will get his bonus no doubt.
But it does airbrush out the dire football and wasted cup opportunities.
Modern football all over.

Plus he presides over the team who play the worst football in the division. Nobody would pay to watch us who wasn’t a fan, either in person or on tv.

Back
Top Bottom