Sheff Utd vs Yid Army FA Cup Wed 1 March 2023

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

last night wasn't a quality issue IHMO. Sure some of those players should be shifted but they are fundamentally good enough to have won that game. The lack of effort, interests and commitment was there for all to be seem.

So my point was, where does this come from?

It's likely the top with the targets set at the start of the season, if it's not it's the players and manger not taking it seriously. If that's the case, then like Man U, the threat of extra work, or punishment is sometimes a motivation. For us fans there is no excuse, for the players, the just didn't look like they needed it.

it 100% was quality issue.
Our attacking 3 was, is and will be shit in taking and keeping ball under control and put together meaningful passing patterns. It was, is and will be a pinball machine if we play Son- Richie and Moura as our attackers. They are just not able to control the ball under any real pressure.

But something like this we could even live with against likes of Sheffield.

Yesterday it was unfortunately coupled with absolute lack of delivery from fullback areas. Not a single accurate cross, not a single direct run that resulted in a pullback. Nothing. They were useless.

And once those factors were in place, there was no stupid mistake / error by opposition either. So it ended us being toothless.

god that is such a tiresome expression

can't you find anything good to say about the club?

FFS!

see my previous post - and remember, we are entitled to nothing from this club, and the sooner you grasp that the easier it becomes to accept the rough with the smooth.

Also what makes it easier is that unless you buy the club, there's fuck all we can do about it.

Enjoy the good stuff, be pissed off when we lose - shake it off and move on.

ps - and don't give me the "happy clapper" speech - I am a distinctly unhappy one - just like everyone else.
Suck it up is for losers. You want to win, everybody has to push, including the fans.

He's been a fantastic, loyal , record breaking servant of our football club. With 0 medals to show for it. A footballing travesty. That he HAS to leave to win a trophy is a abhorrent stain on our owners.
The personal abuse and vitriol he received on here last summer was embarrassing and disgusting tbf.
Anyone who said horrible things about him that summer should be fucking ashamed of themselves. Unforgivable.

it 100% was quality issue.
Our attacking 3 was, is and will be shit in taking and keeping ball under control and put together meaningful passing patterns. It was, is and will be a pinball machine if we play Son- Richie and Moura as our attackers. They are just not able to control the ball under any real pressure.

But something like this we could even live with against likes of Sheffield.

Yesterday it was unfortunately coupled with absolute lack of delivery from fullback areas. Not a single accurate cross, not a single direct run that resulted in a pullback. Nothing. They were useless.

And once those factors were in place, there was no stupid mistake / error by opposition either. So it ended us being toothless.

Who's starting XI had the most "quality"?

.......Spurs or Sheff U?

He's been a fantastic, loyal , record breaking servant of our football club. With 0 medals to show for it. A footballing travesty. That he HAS to leave to win a trophy is a abhorrent stain on our owners.
The personal abuse and vitriol he received on here last summer was embarrassing and disgusting tbf.

But some say that he’s not interested in trophies and is in it just for the money?!

Why starting XI ?

Yesterday the highest quality attacking performance came from the goalscorer. Fairly obvious.

Include the subs if you want, but I'd have thought the inclusion of Kane & Kulu would water down your claim even more.

Quality = / = form..... Performance levels on the day in contrast to perceived ability of the players only serves to underline the fact that it wasn't ability/quality that was the fundamental issue yesterday.

Just watched the first half, hadn't seen it last night. Was marginally better than the second imo. Thought most players did alright, except that Son and Richarlison were completely useless. Sanchez was Sanchez. You get nowhere with this formation if your centre forward isn't making things work, and Richarlison was horrible throughout the game.
Richarlsion is quality when he plays for Brasil and with Everton, something else must be the problem because I don't think he is shit.

We were awful.
Our only realistic chance to get within a sniff of a final,and we looked like we couldn't be bothered as a team. Certain individuals were okish,but as a team we lacked loads.
Saddest part of all this, within 10minutes of the final whistle I had got over it. It Was like I had mentally prepared myself as I knew it was coming. And the 3 other spurs fans I watched it with,plus the spurs supporting barmaid were the same. This is what they have done to us.
Well fuck em!
I have booked a short camping holiday in Cornwall in June ,and that is more of a focus now than them.

Until the next time...

Porro and Lucas imo are the only ones who can have any respect for their performance last night, the rest were varying degrees of shit.

A bit surprised at all the anger tbh, you know, considering this is just one of those meaningless cups that no one should care about winning according to a disappointingly large chunk of the fanbase

can't believe it idris elba GIF

And would you personally prefer if we focused more on the FA Cup as a target for the season, over a top 4 position. Or can we give all matches equal priority?
I wanted a cup, partly for me, partly for great club servants like Hugo, Harry and Son. I'd argue this was their last chance of a trophy for us.

I no longer give a shit about top four qualification, it should be seen as a bonus and nothing more but because this game is just about £££ and corporate greed now I appreciate i am totally pissing against the wind.

Don't really recognize the Sport anymore and just going through the motions now.

We should totally change the club motto to "top four is our everything" though because we all know that's all Levy cares about, at least that way he is being honest and you know what your buying.

Leads to less cases of caveat emptor

Baldock would have fitted right in with 70s football

Not blaming him for our performance but the ref was an arse!
Should have had red on perisic. Even a yellow he would have gone later. That jersey pull on moura not been a yellow was a disgrace. We're still shit but not good enough from referees

Richarlsion is quality when he plays for Brasil and with Everton, something else must be the problem because I don't think he is shit.
He isn't shit, not even close. He's Brazil's first choice striker, this isn't something you become by being shit.

We looked no better when Kane came on, not even slightly. He was feeding off the same scraps as Richy was. There was something wrong all over the pitch last night though some people like having a nice scapegoat.

Porro and Lucas imo are the only ones who can have any respect for their performance last night, the rest were varying degrees of shit.

A bit surprised at all the anger tbh, you know, considering this is just one of those meaningless cups that no one should care about winning according to a disappointingly large chunk of the fanbase

Who here has said no-one should care about winning cups?

He isn't shit, not even close. He's Brazil's first choice striker, this isn't something you become by being shit.

We looked no better when Kane came on, not even slightly. He was feeding off the same scraps as Richy was. There was something wrong all over the pitch last night though some people like having a nice scapegoat.
I agree that is what I was alluding to, I think he is a good player, who with a run in the team and the right service will thrive.

absolute rubbish - Dier was the best player on the pitch for us

He definitely did the right thing, he was tracking the other player and stopped when the others lost their man. Was a bit unlucky with the exact path of the ball (going under his knee as he tried to block it) and you can see he didn't take his eye of it. If you want to be critical, you could say he could have just stuck his foot in/his action was too slow, but I think they're trained to do exactly what he did.

Sorry that makes no sense to me. It's not Levy;'s fault that Richarlison's shot nearly went out for a throw in.

We have better players than Sheffield Utd, it's just that they don't often gel. together. It's not levy's responsibility to ensure that they do is it?
Daniel Levy calls the shots. He oversees the hiring of the staff that have ABYSMALLY failed time and time again to sign the right players. It's early days but £60m on Richarlison is already looking like another balls up. There are plenty of other examples I can give in that department. Our academy produces no players. Why? Who is overseeing this? Who hires the people to oversee this? Who hires the people to set out the correct structures? Daniel Levy. He interviewed ETH and said no to him because he had no charisma or some other nonsense. He then hired Nuno. His judgement in this department is clearly suspect and that is being extremely kind. Found lighting in a bottle with Poch and messed it up. The shiny stadium and training centre are smokescreens. An illusion of success. Yesterday's result lands at his feet. End of f*cking story.

Back
Top Bottom