City vs Spurs 19th Jan

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hojbjerg is not up to it. Just like Loris Deir Royale Sessingnon Doherty and Son. I want all of them gone and whatever happens let's just let Gil Spence and Sarr get the game time.
Yep I was saying the sane thing. Just develop the younger players including harvey and Alfie. We will never if they are any good if they get no gane time. His fixation with5 defenders means we have nearly 5 or 6 on the bench. So the young players never get a chance. Also are there any defenders in the U21s?

You should have been his agent if you think any gentleman‘s agreement is worth the handshake its based on especially one with Levy. I don’t remember Kane suing him or the Club. A contract is a contract a gentleman’s agreement is NOTHING.

I agree.

I personally wouldnt trust Levy to tell me the time.

But Harry and his family believed his poison. He had the modern day Jimmy Greaves. The Welsh Ronaldo. The Danish Hoddle and the South Korean Ossie Ardilles. The Croatian Puskas. The Belgium giants in the middle of the defence. Walker, Trippier.

All of whom he could have had a world class team playing in the same team in the same era.

And he fucked it up. Mistake after mistake.

And none of those signings were anything to do with him ironically. Maybe im being harsh on the Son one.

Guy is clueless and duplicitous. Its his ineptitude that winds me up the most. But his lies dresssed up as business dealings come close.

Useless cunt.

Did conte have to bring him on for davies even when we are losing? It’s his fixation of having 3 CBs that is causing the problem. A more progress coach would have taken off davie and put on an extra midfielder. All his subs are like for like and we play rwb who is left footed. For crying out loud this just takes the loss!

Agree, see my post one below yours (I was typing it as you replied I guess).

I thought we were back there when I saw the gallows humour at half time but nope, back to screaming at each other out of frustration.

We may have been shite on the pitch in the 90's, but us fans enjoyed the day out, meeting up and taking the piss out of ourselves even more than everyone else did.

I don't miss the Football, but I miss the banter. Now it's just poison.

It was genuinely worth the admission to see Ginola play.

Gerry Francis was our worst manger ever. Though Nuno runs him close.

Just got back home to Luton(I'm from North London😁), and I'm disappointed to see that we are talking about Lloris again, for all the wrong reasons. It was so crushing to see us crumble like that, after the euphoria of half-time.
You guys have covered pretty much everything, and we all deserve praise for continuing to support, and follow ENIC's side project aka THFC.
The lack of ambition shown towards our club is just so demoralising as a fan, but maybe there'll be some decent signings this year(really?).

Blame ENIC all you want but what ya gonna do with a spurs side that is absolutely spineless.? Embarrassing on so many levels. The funny thing is that they go home at night on their 100k weekly wages and could care absolutely less. That’s this spurs squad in a nutshell really. Sadly that Tottenham stadium will be sold out for their next fixture and it won’t change a bit.

Putting the obvious limitations of some of the players aside, I don't get how out defense has regressed so much compared with the end of last season. When we needed to defend then, they all dropped into a formation that even a non technical supporter like me could clearly see. It wasn't gaff proof but it was more effective than now. The other thing is just how nervous Loris and the defenders now are. It's like every decision takes a split second longer than it should, while they second guess themselves.

I'd put a lot of this aspect on Conte, So much of this is a confidence game and lately he's been undermining rather than building it.

Feel sorry for any fans that travelled expecting a win. Can’t be that many though.
I’m sure most went for a night out and the faint hope of 3 points.

But it appears we are well and truly in a AVBesque negative spiral. Not watching matches so can’t comment on how we are playing.

What’s the answer??
It would appear to be massive change at the top. I’m interested to see what dice Levy thinks he can roll this time. A lot of things happening at the same time that have to be dealt with. By the sounds of it Kane, Son and Lloris in particular.

Don’t even know who we play next? Hopefully things improve for the sake of our match going fans anyway.

Blame ENIC all you want but what ya gonna do with a spurs side that is absolutely spineless.? Embarrassing on so many levels. The funny thing is that they go home at night on their 100k weekly wages and could care absolutely less. That’s this spurs squad in a nutshell really. Sadly that Tottenham stadium will be sold out for their next fixture and it won’t change a bit.

If you don't think ENIC aren't HUGELY responsible for where we are now as a club, you can polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake.

Lads, I heard from a friend of a friend of
I thought Bissouma looked decent when he came on, would like to see him start instead of Hojbjerg next game and given a few games.
Thought so too and wouldn’t mind giving PEH a break. Also wouldn’t mind having both of them and Bentacur in a midfield 3 for once FFS

Back
Top Bottom