City vs Spurs 19th Jan

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think we can feel encouraged by tonight's performance. It wasn't the result we wanted but we got in there early on and went in at half-time with a 2-0 lead. The team turned up and gave Man City a game.

If we can take that level of performance into the next game, we should be able to get back to winning ways against Fulham. I know it's not good to feel pleased with a defeat but that's where we are at the moment.

Surely managers now have got to realise the con spurs pull every time now. Take a manger around a super training ground, stadium and state that we are preparing to become a huge team, 'this is an exciting project' and then completely fuck them over by not backing them in the transfer market. Don't get me wrong, the past few managers have been shit, but they were poor choices for the direction we apparently want to go in and if we want instant success we completely screwed them over by not fully backing them

Half these players have no strengths

They're fucking shite

How many more managers are we gonna blame this endless sea of shite on before the penny drops ?
True, the root of our problem goes to ENIC but do you expect Levy to just step down? It’s sad but we just have to keep rotating managers and accept that nothing is going to change. A shit player will get replaced by another shit player. We will always have this weird mix of players all recruited by 1000 different managers to play under their own system.

I think we can feel encouraged by tonight's performance. It wasn't the result we wanted but we got in there early on and went in at half-time with a 2-0 lead. The team turned up and gave Man City a game.

If we can take that level of performance into the next game, we should be able to get back to winning ways against Fulham. I know it's not good to feel pleased with a defeat but that's where we are at the moment.
No...its actually worse than than previous losses. To me this shows that even when we turn up and play somewhere close to our best, we are still too shit to get a result 2-0 up. Basically there is no hope in the near future

Love your optimism but we had a major 2nd half collapse, conceding 4 goals - 3 of them in about 15 mins.
Plus pretty much all of them were mistakes by individual players.

Personally I think we need 2 or 3 top quality signings this window to have any chance to turn our season around, much like when Kulu and Bentancur came in last season.

Be fair. Standards are dead low under enic. Which is highlighted by cries for ‘moves like if Kane was a goalie Forster’ to Be our number 1. We had 2 gifts by city & lost 4-0 in one half but let’s say we heroically took on the champs in there own backyard & went ahead through great attacks but fell in the end. Reasons to be proud & not panic in the winter window!
Exactly! It's was just one bad half. Otherwise, we handed it to City tonight.

True, the root of our problem goes to ENIC but do you expect Levy to just step down? It’s sad but we just have to keep rotating managers and accept that nothing is going to change. A shit player will get replaced by another shit player. We will always have this weird mix of players all recruited by 1000 different managers to play under their own system.
But there won't always be world class academy players coming through that Spurs couldn't acquire by any other means. For large parts of the last decade, Kane has kept the club at a level it shouldn't have otherwise been able to maintain (like this season, where Spurs would be mid-table without him, and particularly with all the injuries). I wonder what things will look like after he goes.

scott scott

Lloris getting beat at the near post is inexcusable, he is one of the main causes why we are so shit .he looks scared every time the ball goes in the box .time to retire Hugo .
His little furrowed crease at the top of his nose is really starting to annoy me now!

He's a liability, and has been for a few years...

Is this all Karna for the drink driving incident....?

Cos if so, I can't WAIT to see what Thomas Partay gets in a few years' time!!
The cunt will no doubt get away with it Scot free and win the league!
It's the LEAST he deserves for all that week long negative media coverage!
Poor little rapey love!

Back
Top Bottom