Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa (1st Jan - 2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What the fuck has happened to Son?

Loris once again gifts a goal, must have felt the pressure that Dier wasn’t there to do it

How can a club with winning aspirations not have a single attacking player to bring on?

Ryan fucking Sessignon on for Gil was supposed to change that match…laughable

But what irks me more than anything is the lack of fight in that entire group. Pathetic .

Conte included . Just not good enough.

Turgid boring uninspired dross

Levy appointing "names" as opposed to the best man for the job. I'm sure Howe or Potter would have done a better job.

I would have liked Howe.

But I'm sure a lot of fans would have decided he was a 'cheap' appointment rather than understand he could be an excellent long term manager/ So I fear Levy 'read the room'

Levy is to blame here as well. Jose got us to the league cup final & Levy sacked him the week before the final. Can you think of any other Premier League chairman who would do something as ridiculous as that. If he had already made the decision that Jose had to go, fine, wait until after the final. Don’t rock the boat & throw the club into turmoil a week before the final
ENIC's first action at THFC was sacking George Graham before an F.A. Cup semi against Woolwich.

Levy couldn't risk Jose earning his bonus.

To dare is too dear.

That was just utterly abysmal. It's not all on Conte, just like it's not all on ENIC, there's plenty of blame to go around. Anyone blaming one or the other with no grey area is just kidding themselves.

I don't support Spurs for the trophies or the glory. I do pay a shit load for my ST to be entertained though, and this shit being served up is just the fucking limit.

Are ENIC responsible for the fact a core of players are still here when they should have gone in the Porch era?

Yes.

Is the squad good enough not to be outplayed by the likes of Brentford, Villa and Forest so abysmally?

Yes.

Is it ENICs fault Son has totally checked out, while some of our best players are all injured at the same time? No.

Is it Contes fault that we've got rubbish like Royal on the bench? No.

I don't even know what point I'm trying to make. I'm just fucking tired of watching boring football without even getting the results to make it worthwhile. I'm also tired of easy answers, IE ENIC out. Yeah great, I'd love new owners who enjoy throwing cash about but you dont sack owners, they only leave when someone stumps up the cash to replace them. Newcastle fans didn't do anything to get rid of Ashley, they just got lucky that a country wanted to do a spot of sports washing. Does anyone here have a spare 4bn kicking about?

Anyway see you all next weekend for a plucky backs to the wall display against Portsmouth. We might nick a draw and get a cheeky replay.

All the Potterchino fans might get him soon.

Was never one I wanted but everyone else seems to think he's the second coming.
He´s probably not! But are you happy with the shit we have been served for the last 4-5 years?

Even if we give Conte 5-6 really good players, would we want us to play this brand of football?

What has that got to with Yves Bissouma? Seriously you think that means anything at all in regard to what I've said? You don't have to contribute to all comments mate if you've nothing constructive to add.

Let's make it simple do you remember in school how some teachers just confused the hell out of you? Made subjects boring ordeals. But certain other teachers could reach almost the least able student with an almost magical clarity. That's the art of being a great teacher you meet every student where they are at and find a way to maximise their gifts.

If you want to bring Bentancur into it we'll it's intresting that he speaks Contes native language prehaps this is his advantage, but frankly he's irrelevant unless you some how read me say no player ever can improve under Conte. In which case neurologist sharpish.
Fair enough. apologies mate.

Your point about the language barrier and cultural fit with Conte makes a lot of sense.

Tbh it's not obvious Conte is a good teacher. He's a disciplinarian that wins when everyone does things the way he wants and when all the players he's working with are amongst the best in the competition.

He's also another coach that panders to the players already considered world class in our squad. Lloris beinthe pefect example of player that he wanted to keep because he's established when anyone could see Hugo is not able to do it at this level anymore.

best way forward is to manage the club with a committee made up of TFC posters

lets face it, there isn't much they don't know

The Big Lebowski What GIF by MOODMAN
Count me in!

Like A Boss Reaction GIF by Universal Music India

That was just utterly abysmal. It's not all on Conte, just like it's not all on ENIC, there's plenty of blame to go around. Anyone blaming one or the other with no grey area is just kidding themselves.

I don't support Spurs for the trophies or the glory. I do pay a shit load for my ST to be entertained though, and this shit being served up is just the fucking limit.

Are ENIC responsible for the fact a core of players are still here when they should have gone in the Porch era?

Yes.

Is the squad good enough not to be outplayed by the likes of Brentford, Villa and Forest so abysmally?

Yes.

Is it ENICs fault Son has totally checked out, while some of our best players are all injured at the same time? No.

Is it Contes fault that we've got rubbish like Royal on the bench? No.

I don't even know what point I'm trying to make. I'm just fucking tired of watching boring football without even getting the results to make it worthwhile. I'm also tired of easy answers, IE ENIC out. Yeah great, I'd love new owners who enjoy throwing cash about but you dont sack owners, they only leave when someone stumps up the cash to replace them. Newcastle fans didn't do anything to get rid of Ashley, they just got lucky that a country wanted to do a spot of sports washing. Does anyone here have a spare 4bn kicking about?

Anyway see you all next weekend for a plucky backs to the wall display against Portsmouth. We might nick a draw and get a cheeky replay.
Great post.

Back
Top Bottom