Another pissing game we won’t turn up to, have to suffer Emerson again and hope Kane or Deki save us - AKA Leeds at home, 3pm, 12th November.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think Conte made a fair point about how the schedule has affected our training. With a game every three days it’s one day of recovery then one day of tactical work.

We have lost defensive stability and solidity because we simply aren’t getting the time to work on the training pitch. We are hardly the only team playing in Europe who look frazzled at the moment. Even City are getting ragged.
Completely agree.

People say it's an excuse but when you think for example that the Champions League group stage usually finishes in December everything has been so crammed.

A lot of teams which haven't had European matches have had one game a week.

I know the players get paid a lot but fatigue has definitely played its part.

Very entertaining game yesterday, it is quite mad really we are a so called 'defensive' team yet actually have one of the best goal scoring stats in the league. It's quite clear that our defence needs massively upgrading, hopefully a couple of transfer in January will sort that out. It's clear to everyone that the defenders we have at the moment just can't be relied on consistently.

Sadly a lot of people, fans and media, have tarred us with a brush. We have a 7 goal ding dong and, instead of saying "that was a good match and I was entertained" they either shut up or fabricate nonsense.

We could win everything under conte and break records but some of them have their opinion and they'll stick to it.

Agreed, but unless we sort that defence ASAP, we will continue to leak goals. Romero coming back will be a huge boost, but we can’t keep relying on him. The moment Romero is out the team, the whole defence falls to pieces. We need to get 2 new CB’s and a RWB
Yep, so true. The defence is cack and surely if we can see this then Conte and the club must know it's where we're struggling. So much of Conte ball relies on having a good defence for a start but also the playing out from the back part. We'll score goals in the majority of matches we play but just need such an improvement in personal at the back.

Enjoy your Holiday Mrs P.
Thank you, but I won't be sharing any stories......what goes on in Vegas stays in Vegas!
las vegas GIF

I am afraid the 35 year old keeper probably is reaching the front of the "replace" list.

I love him but he's getting erratic. He's given us a fantastic ten years, but we're now witnessing the decline.

I think Forster should get more appearances as he played well last time

We got away with that game today, it was a mess in so many ways. But at least we got Kulusevski back and being brilliant again, and Bentancur is maintaining his good form. It was very important to end this half of the season on a positive and maintain the gap to 4th, but man alive we have so many fucking issues to resolve. We need a couple of signings in Jan for sure to add some more quality and Conte needs to rethink some things over the break, especially his bizarre persistence with Royal.
Royal must have some very interesting photos of Conte.....

I actually don't think it's Conte that's made the biggest difference per se, but more the arrival of Bentancur and Kulu that was the game changer. We've looked like shit under Conte when either Bentancur or Kulu are out.
So we've gone from being the Harry Kane team to being the bentakulu team....
We need to be 11 good players not relying on the fitness of 2 or 3 individuals which it seems to have been for a while. Where's the bench depth and the versatility? We can only do well if players x,y and z are available.....ridiculous....for a team of our stature to be reliant on so few players is not the way forward imo.

none of these players are worth that dough though. whats the standard we are comparing them to for good value? if iwobi is 30, sanchez is 40, ndombele is 60, gio is 40, maguire is 80 etc etc etc....richarlison for 60 isnt that bad.
I'm afraid that Richarlison wasn't money well spent imo. I don't think he has the mentality to be a real team player. I think a relatively small intellect and an over inflated sense of self is going to be a problem wherever he goes. I really hope i'm wrong but I think he will always put himself 1st. He's like a mini Ronaldo but with less brains and talent.

I'm afraid that Richarlison wasn't money well spent imo. I don't think he has the mentality to be a real team player. I think a relatively small intellect and an over inflated sense of self is going to be a problem wherever he goes. I really hope i'm wrong but I think he will always put himself 1st. He's like a mini Ronaldo but with less brains and talent.

Yet his team mates at club and country level absolutely love him and say the complete contrary about him.

I thought we were past these lazy Richarlison takes?

To be fair to Richy, I think in 3-4-3 he isn't suited to the left forward role. I actually feel he was bought in to act more as cover for Kane but due to the injuries to Son and Kulu he has had to fill in a lot more. Would be good to see what he'd be like in 3-5-2 up front with Kane.

i dont see him as a selfish player. he does need to work on his hold up play and possession i agree, he can look quite raw sometimes. hes an animal when hes on the pitch, doesnt stop running. ill be interested to watch him for brazil and see what hes like for them. im happy hes here though. its a lot of money but the games gone mad in that sense anyway.

His attitude is impeccable, it's just that he's a very untechnical player, so he's just not able to do the intricate stuff to create chances. Outside of his workrate and headers he's not really far above average.

Back
Top Bottom