Olympique de Marseille VS Tottenham Hotspur. Tuesday 1st November. UEFA Champions League. 8PM KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If anyone thinks that first half was acceptable, they are a fucking idiot, end of chat.

We didn't put a single tackle in, let alone create anything.

Nothing wrong with criticising that and also nothing wrong with praising the character and the comeback in the 2nd half.

Jenas was bang on though, if we put a non-performance in like that in the later rounds of this competition we will be out of sight with no way back.
This. There are a few fans that take any hint of criticism as some sort of personal insult. Its football fandom reduced to a blinkered cult. We were abysmal first half, just like against Bournemouth and indeed most matches this season. But you can also praise the charachter and fight that more often than not we can dig it out and do have pretty good 20/30 minute spells in games which show we can play. This limited good play does cost us against better teams as we've seen against Man U, Woolwich and Newcastle. I still feel there is a good side waiting to get out but they need to be let off the leash more.

I gotta say, I wasn't a fan of PEH and called him a donkey plenty of times but this season I've started to warm up to him. He isn't a great footballer but he has great moments and always tries to give everything he can.
Agree, he's very upgradable on the pitch but he's a great guy to have around. I'd rather we didn't have to rely on him so much in every game

WE WON!! Save it for another day. Smile, Cheer. Have another beer. Worry about it tomorrow. Whats the point of being a football fan if you can't enjoy winning and getting to the last 16 of the biggest club competition in the world.

Good day as I predicted after the England result this morning

We saw what happened vs Utd, Woolwich, Newcastle...knowing we were proper lucky vs Chelsea and also got away with it vs Leicester, West Ham...

You can't rely on luck, ogs, pens...

Newcastle is the prime one there the others we where shit the full 90

Newcastle we was poor for the first 45 and then couldn't make up for it

I think we need to do as much as we can before the WC get the players fit again then try get at least another 2 quality signings in Jan RWB and another forward are key for me. Maybe another CB but I'm convinced we are waiting for summer for Bastoni

Na mate come on we where appalling it was like watching paint dry we couldn't pass forward didn't have a single shot for 52 mins. Players playing like rabbits in headlights we where very lucky that was 1-0 could have easy been 3

So passive and scared Lenglet himself basically just said that actually

Better teams will put us to the fucking sword playing like that
They will but if we play like we can that won't happen. We have to change our mentality in going for it and take the risk. It's literally the club like to dare is to do..fucking dare then. Don't fight only when we got no choice. It's so frustrating.

Against Bournemouth. An outlier.
He really shouldn't play on the right- not sure why Conte seems to not have remembered how average or poor both Sess and Perisic have been at RWB.

Out left hes OK and improving, albeit slowly. The whole team has been playing somewhat poorly lately and that hasn't helped.

The team seems to have refused to pass to him while out right today, which was extremely poor. When you don't stretch play and give yourself as much space as possible, you make it a lot easier for the opponent to disrupt you.

Its frustrating to see Spence passed over yet again, but Conte really should have played Royal or Doc out right. It's very strange that he insisted on playing left sided players who have proven not to be able to play RWB, at RWB today. I won't give Sess too much shit for being blatantly played out of position.

Champions League knockouts here we come!!!

Mrw GIF

A top team cannot rely forever on goals from center-backs, full-backs, misc. midfielders. They've scored 7 of our last 9 goals. Hope Kulu can return soon. As to Richarlison, well he's a warm body up front (and should be on the left I believe). Gil seems to take Lucas-lessons - dribble past 2 and crash into the 3rd defender - but Gil needs more playing time. He's perhaps overeager but that's the disease of youth

Just finished a mini marathon of silent-screaming and running round the living room whilst the kids are sleeping upstairs. To be honest, the first half was so dreadful that at HT I started working through all my online training. Got that done. Spurs win. Goons, Chavs, Spam evenings ruined.

Fuck ‘em all!

:contekiss:

Back
Top Bottom