Eintracht Frankfurt vs Tottenham Hotspur. UEFA Champions League. Tuesday 4th October . 20:00 Deutsche Bank Park

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thought it was a decent away performance in Europe.

Really should have won had our forewards not been incredibly wasteful.

Harry had a 1st half shocker and then Sonny had a 2nd half shocker.

Richy been a bit flat the last few matches.

Kane should play like Harland and make little runs off the ball from edge of the box into six yard box. Only thing is since conte never wanted a play maker Kane would have to play the pass to himself.

Ha, I'd love to see Conte have that conversation with Kane - "Hey, can you play more like Haaland?"

Both have different attributes and are very different players. Haaland is essentially a very good Andy Caroll.

Haaland is quick, strong and a poacher. Has very few touches of the ball in the game and relies on good service.

Kane is intelligent, skillful and can create his own chances. Good with the ball at his feet and see's shots and passes others wouldn't.

Front 3 terrible, Son and Richie couldn't trap a bag of cement and Kane looked like he was on drugs at times. Having said that, Son should've laid one on a plate for him and scored one himself. Uber frustrating.

Bent good, PEH gave the ball away too often for my liking.

Should've won, they were there for the taking. Must and should win next week, fancy us at home. Must beat Brighton too.

COYS!!

Well On the bright side, the year we made the CL final, we started out with 1 point in 3 matches. And we absolutely scraped out a home win against PSV and inter and late away draw to Barca to end level on points with inter and finish 2nd.

So we are better off than that, but we still don’t look impressive and we know Conte isn’t going to make changes.

Ha, I'd love to see Conte have that conversation with Kane - "Hey, can you play more like Haaland?"

Both have different attributes and are very different players. Haaland is essentially a very good Andy Caroll.

Haaland is quick, strong and a poacher.
Has very few touches of the ball in the game and relies on good service.

Kane is intelligent, skillful and can create his own chances. Good with the ball at his feet and see's shots and passes others wouldn't.
Ridiculous comparison. Haaland is quick whilst Carroll is anything but. And as for Carroll being a poacher, Haaland has scored more goals for Man City in 8 league games than Carroll has in the last 7 years

All three strikers off form and miss firing, you couldn't make this shit up, and yet we find ourselves with that problem.
We are a painful watch it's really not enjoyable to view right now, the team will continue doing what it does, whilst the manager sits on the sidelines praying for a miracle.

Haaland is quick, strong and a poacher. Has very few touches of the ball in the game and relies on good service.

unfortunately, the description on Kane is not that valid anymore at least from what we have seen this season.
good with the ball at his feet? how many times did we see him fail to hold the ball up front ?

I despair with this board - I thought we played really well, should have won comfortably and but for some wasteful finishing we would have - reading this thread and I realise I was deluded and that we are nothing but a bunch of sunday park football cloggers - not internationals playing in the champions league!!

Plenty of perspiration. Not much inspiration. Story of the season really. A point away from home in the group stages against a fellow contender to advance, in result terms represents a good result.

Thought this thread would be far more toxic this morning than it is.

Then realised I put 8 people on ignore last night, and that is probably why!

I thought we played quite well last night, but let down by poor end product. The performance itself was encouraging though and result not bad considering.

Was a bad day at the office for our front 3. Play like that next week and we should pump them by 3 or 4 goals, as I can't believe we will miss-fire as badly again. Need a quick goal next week, to draw them out.. I think they will be desperate for a draw at our place.

Still perplexed why Spence isn't get a look in. He must have really pissed someone off.

Thought it was a decent away performance in Europe.

Really should have won had our forewards not been incredibly wasteful.

Harry had a 1st half shocker and then Sonny had a 2nd half shocker.

Richy been a bit flat the last few matches.

Yeah some of the criticism is a bit over the top.

Win your home games, get a few points away and that’s job done in the groups.

Yeah some of the criticism is a bit over the top.

Win your home games, get a few points away and that’s job done in the groups.

indeed i saw us perform much worse in the CL under Poch losing 3 games in the group and crashing out to europa agaisnt a similar strenth group.
we were easily the better team last night away to the Europa winners, if any of our strikers were in form we'd have won comfortably i think

Back
Top Bottom