Tottenham Vs Fulham Saturday 3rd September 15:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

evening ladies, gents & other assorted pronouns…

1st post but me love you all long time.

Let’s hope we don’t shit the bed again with a 2nd helping of London ham this week.

Speaking of 1st’s, be nice to see Richy open his account at home tomorrow, predict big tings for the lad.

Got a spare for the south stand, row 41. If any one wants it DM me & we’ll figure it out on Levy’s online touting website.

COYS - cheers.

:richlips:
Ticket touting in your first post.

giphy.gif

Yep, agree.

We are better than we were. Not perfect by any means (what is?) but stronger.

Disappointed that we could not upgrade on a wantaway Gil. Not sure that helps us one little bit.

Gil will make his mark this season. I know I keep saying it, but he’s a cracking little player

I would be more concerned if we were away.

If we find a way of getting onto lthe front then maybe we can take control of the game

I wouldn't bet too much against it but in my experience there is often something unexpectes that gets in the way of what seems inevitable.
An ACL?

Frankly, as Conte is guarded, it’s impossible to know who is in top condition, who is training hardest/best, so getting uptight over most players, especially Spence, Bissouma and Lenglet, is lacking bigger picture.

Richarlison is the only signing who is overtly banging his door. Perisic is still adapting to the ferocious nature of the league (and Son, his left sided support, being an invisible cog so far this season), plus needs management so he doesn’t get injured as he pushes to become a Prem Elite Wing Back.

Would love to see:

————-———-Hugo——————-
——Romero—--Dier——Lenglet——
Doherty————-———————Sess
————Benta——Bissouma————
———————Kulu—————————
————Kane———Rich——————-

Perisic and Spence will become first choice (Perisic is, but Marseille and City games require him fresh), Spence could then come on without disruption to style if replacing Doc.

Lenglet needs minutes, the second half Vs Spam gives a doorway for him, Sess and Doherty IMO.

Richarlison must start.

Gil will make his mark this season. I know I keep saying it, but he’s a cracking little player
I keep thinking that, despite his obvious talent, Gil's not quite there yet. He's quick and skilful, but as he's such a tiddler he needs to be even quicker and even more skilful, to succeed in the PL. If he can do that, he'll be an asset. I've not seen it yet.

yes think you are right, But it shouldn't be
we have a squad of players and we should be looking to give around 17 players about 80/90 mins worth of football over every 3 games ( that means subs get 20/30 mins not 5 mins)
when we are in the EL or ECL we could run as 2 teams team 1 = EPL team 2 = EL/ECL + early cup games
unfortunately to many of our player downed tools when they played in EL/ECL and the big guns had to come on to try to save the match
Most of the wankers involved in the ECL debacle have been culled.

I keep thinking that, despite his obvious talent, Gil's not quite there yet. He's quick and skilful, but as he's such a tiddler he needs to be even quicker and even more skilful, to succeed in the PL. If he can do that, he'll be an asset. I've not seen it yet.
He’ll never been an explosive match winner, his only hope is playing as a link man in the middle third….eg snatch the ball from PEH before he boots it back to Lloris or Dier and shifts it into the feet of a more advanced attacker

Would love to see Royal dropped but it just isn’t gonna happen is it, we’re stuck with him now until January.

Sonny needs a game on the bench as well I think, but again probably won’t happen.

Comfortable 2-0 win for us today and a loss for them slags tomorrow please.

Back
Top Bottom