Nottingham Forest VS Tottenham Hotspur. Sunday the 28th August 2022. City Ground 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jamie Carragher, awful commentator, horrible human being, total bias against us today on Sky, they hated seeing us win.
Keane, Carragher and souness always give it tight to spurs - they have two things in common - they are all total winners and... they all have a soft spot for spurs! Keanes childhood team, souness first team, and not sure why Carragher has a soft spot for us but he has admitted it multiple times.

When we don't play well they will always show their disappointment. When your like that you always judge your own by higher standards because they want and expect more. In that respect we always get it in the neck, but not always because the commentators hates us, it's the opposite in some cases. (think Wright when Woolwich don't play well)

You get fans who feel the same way, disappointed by the way we play because they want better and know the game well enough to understand scoreline always catch up with performances if they don't improve.

Well it's a win, still waiting for us to click into gear, hope that arrives for the canning town Cup final on Wednesday.

Loved richarlison doing keepy ups, the fact it boiled sky's piss made it even better as they were willing forest to win.

The way Tyler reacted I assumed richy had climbed in the stand and dropped the nut on a forest fan.

Yeah try doing that against Sergio Ramos or John Terry or Nesta, see how they react. Do they have pathetically weak characters, or are they just competitors who know that you can't start letting attacking players showboat or 'express themselves' when your job is to stop them.

Dunno why our fans are crying over this. The defender didn't two foot him or try and break his legs, he just stopped him. You see worse tackles every single game at any level, this isn't fucking netball for god sake.
Mate, seriously. He didn't "stop" him, Richarlison had already passed the ball. It wasn't a tackle, it was a premeditated foul. It could be construed as dangerous foul play, which is a Red card offence.

I'm not one of those that wants the game to be diluted in the way it has been, there's a beauty in a well timed tackle that cleans the player out when the ball is won, but it's about winning the ball.

If you take a player out when the ball is nowhere near him, that's not a contact sport, it's petulance.

The more I watch it the more amazed I am by the attitude of some of our fans. He's not facing anyone, he's not mocking a specific opponent, he's not in a dangerous position, and he doesn't hold on to the ball and do it for ages until someone takes him out - he does what, 3 keepy-uppies, then lays it off? And yet some of our fans, actual Spurs fans (allegedly), think he is wrong to do that and deserved to get taken out. :(
I agree. Theres nothing wrong with disrespect anyway. If they get wound up yhey can either show quality to shove it back in our faces or they can do what they did and risk getting a red. Richarlison broke no rules, he is allowed to wind the oppo up.

Mate, seriously. He didn't "stop" him, Richarlison had already passed the ball. It wasn't a tackle, it was a premeditated foul. It could be construed as dangerous foul play, which is a Red card offence.

I'm not one of those that wants the game to be diluted in the way it has been, there's a beauty in a well timed tackle that cleans the player out when the ball is won, but it's about winning the ball.

If you take a player out when the ball is nowhere near him, that's not a contact sport, it's petulance.

He stopped him from wanting to showboat. I don't get how it was dangerous foul play and apparently nor did the referee or VAR team who didn't even give it a check.

And yes, its petulance. I'm not agreeing with it, I'm saying it's to be expected & I reckon Romero (or some of our other players) react in the same way, so I'm not about to pearl clutch over it. Richarlison is a player who loves winding teams up & who has gone in hard and dangerous on other players more than once.

We've got players who play on the edge & do questionable things sometimes so I'm not gonna cry over a bit of the same back .. nobody was outraged when Romero dragged Cucurella down by his hair last week.

On the train back from Nottingham. Quite enjoyed going back to the City Ground. Last goal I saw there was Steffen Iversen in 1999! It’s a decent stadium with a bit of old school character and a pretty good atmosphere… albeit shocking sight lines in the away end.

Not the best game but we stuck it out. Sharpness lacking but that will improve. I’d say the same off the pitch too as we were a bit flat at times but finished well.

Forest threw absolutely everything at us. I haven’t seen a club as up for this game in some time. Quite funny that we killed off their initial euphoria so early. But they put the pressure on at times throughout so a good test of resilience overall.

My pleasure at returning to the ground is not reflected in my feeling towards their fans. Muggy comments from almost every one who passed by. Not so much chips on their shoulders as whole bloody rainforests.

Midlands fans… as pointless and bitter as their god awful region.

:contefacepalm:

I know some local estate agents in Nottingham area if you need a hand!

Whereas this place of course is full of high-intellect football geniuses... ;)
Yes??

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

He stopped him from wanting to showboat. I don't get how it was dangerous foul play and apparently nor did the referee or VAR team who didn't even give it a check.

And yes, its petulance. I'm not agreeing with it, I'm saying it's to be expected & I reckon Romero (or some of our other players) react in the same way, so I'm not about to pearl clutch over it. Richarlison is a player who loves winding teams up & who has gone in hard and dangerous on other players more than once.

We've got players who play on the edge & do questionable things sometimes so I'm not gonna cry over a bit of the same back .. nobody was outraged when Romero dragged Cucurella down by his hair last week.

Just because a tosser like Powson and and an even bigger tosser on Var like Attwell didn’t think it was a red shouldn’t influence anyone or anything

They were crap today and the handball leading to our penalty was a nailed on red imv

Back
Top Bottom