Nottingham Forest VS Tottenham Hotspur. Sunday the 28th August 2022. City Ground 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Never. He didn't foul anyone, he didn't cheat, he just provided a bit of extra entertainment. Fucking irritates me when Neanderthals think that show-boating deserves physical violence. God forbid we should all enjoy a little bit of extra fun and football skill. :(
Yeah. I feel ya there. Def prefer the fun vs guys who constantly foul players.

Not sure why anyone is outraged by the tackle on Richi Lad. The showboating was hilarious but there was only one outcome. I thought it was a red at first glance but it wasn't dangerous, just putting a stop to it. I would have done the same if I was on the pitch.

How Cook didnt get sent off thought ill never know

Not sure why anyone is outraged by the tackle on Richi Lad. The showboating was hilarious but there was only one outcome. I thought it was a red at first glance but it wasn't dangerous, just putting a stop to it. I would have done the same if I was on the pitch.

He wasn’t showboating when he was tackled. He had already passed the ball and Forest lost possession so like the petulant championship level Neanderthal players that play there decided to red card tackle him. Forest were shit today so they lashed out. Can’t wait to see them back in league two where they belong ( because they are going to be deducted so many points and get bankrupted for their owner being a money laundering freak)

He wasn’t showboating when he was tackled. He had already passed the ball and Forest lost possession so like the petulant championship level Neanderthal players that play there decided to red card tackle him. Forest were shit today so they lashed out. Can’t wait to see them back in league two where they belong ( because they are going to be deducted so many points and get bankrupted for their owner being a money laundering freak)
It was 2 seconds later. He was inviting that sort of challenge, trying to wind them up and draw cards. It was funny but nothing wrong with the response

Our Judge Djed!

liveblogging sylvester stallone GIF
KcgiMa8.png

We should encourage that from him whenever and wherever possible as long as he pulls it off. If grown men are going to be stupid enough to go flying into him because they’re upset that he did some keepyups then he’ll be responsible for getting a player sent off every game.

Lamela’s shithousery was slightly more direct but with that ran the risk of red cards (how he didn’t get binned more often I’ll never know) but there’s definitely a place for Richarlison’s antics. Watching him roll around on the floor when he’s barely been touched does hurt though. I wish he’d cut that out and keep it for special occasions.

Sky well wanted forest to win that. Starting to get pissed off with their coverage now. All man utd last week. That forest player should have been sent off. Some below par performances but a win is a win.
That's why and don't watch Sky always put it on a foreign channel

It's always fair game that if someone is showboating and taking the piss then it's the defenders right to clatter him, it's one of those unwritten rules in football where everyone just accepts it for what it is including the ref, I'm sure Richy will take that and laugh it off and I'd expect one of me defenders to do it to someone else if they are doing the same thing.

Clear as mud actually, as the spirit contradicts the rule.

From IFAB

Law 14 – The Penalty Kick: position of the

goalkeeper
1. Procedure
Amended text
(…) When the ball is kicked, the defending goalkeeper must have at least part of
one foot touching, or in line with, or behind, the goal line.
Explanation
Previously, the goalkeeper was required to have part of at least one foot on/
above the goal line at the moment when a penalty kick (or kick from the penalty
mark) was taken. Consequently, if the goalkeeper had one foot in front of the
goal line and one behind it, this was technically an offence even though no unfair
advantage is gained. The text has been amended to avoid such a position being
penalised.
Explanation of this amendment should emphasise that the ‘spirit’ of the Law
requires the goalkeeper to have both feet on/above the line until the moment
when the kick is taken, i.e. the goalkeeper may not stand behind (or in front of)
Thanks. I played keeper my whole life and it’s always been one foot on the line. Every PK I watch, I see the keeper have that front foot off the line so I have to imagine that’s how it’s reffed . That is certainly a confusing explanation.

It's always fair game that if someone is showboating and taking the piss then it's the defenders right to clatter him, it's one of those unwritten rules in football where everyone just accepts it for what it is including the ref, I'm sure Richy will take that and laugh it off and I'd expect one of me defenders to do it to someone else if they are doing the same thing.

Fucking hell, I agree with Shady?

Sorry, I take it back .. it was a red card all day long. Outrageous. Worst shit I've seen on a football pitch.

So long as one of Romero or Richarlison breaks the cunt who did it in two next time we play them, I’m ok with it.

Fair is fair…

Sky well wanted forest to win that. Starting to get pissed off with their coverage now. All man utd last week. That forest player should have been sent off. Some below par performances but a win is a win.
Yeah, today was just another example of how absolutely dogshite Sky can be.

The highlight of the coverage was when Carragher, a player who spat at child and wore a t shirt defending his racist, bitey mate claimed that Richarlison doing a keepyuppy was a step too far.

Hence why I said stopped him doing it more ... he let him know he wouldn't tolerate it.
LOL, where did you say "stopped him doing it more?"
No I'm not. I'd expect our players to do it means if I had to bet on it, I'd say they would. It doesn't mean I'd want them to do it necessarily. And no, it wasn't a red card by the laws of the game at all, hence why NOBODY who was on the VAR team looked at it. And I bet when 'ref watch' analyses the incident the ex-referee won't think its a red card either.
You're scrambling a bit here Bruv. The context of your original statement doesn't really back up your new found assertion.

And u suggest you bone up on the laws of the game. Violent conduct and serious foul play are both Red cardable offenses. It's there in Black and White. Deliberate handball is also a Red card offense, yet VAR didn't pick that up either. Whether an ex referee deems it a Red card or not is irrelevant, by the laws of the game, violent conduct and serious foul play are Red offenses. Taking a player out when the ball is nowhere near him, just because he flicked the ball up and juggled it for a bit, is violent conduct, there doesn't have to be an injury in the aftermath to make it so, it's the intent.
It wasn't dangerous, it was a late challenge where he takes the player out. Yellow card & move on. Most might have reluctantly said the Romero incident was a red, but also that they enjoy the fact we're ready to deploy the dark arts now. Some people celebrated it!
Dangerous or not, it was violent conduct, there really is no debate there. You're now trying to make out he mistimed a tackle. Seriously mate, relax your grip on them straws.
As for the Romero stuff, as I said previously, 2 wrongs don't make a right.
Majority where? On here? A Spurs forum? Loads also agreed with me! On a platform which is obviously going to be biased in favour of the Spurs player! The commentary team, referee, VAR team & everyone else agreed with me!
???
I'm not clearly wrong at all & I'm not going to be pressured in to saying I am just because you disagree with me. You're entitled to view the incident however you wish, I've said my piece on it. I've never seen so much made of so little.
Like I said in my first response, your viewpoint is dubious, so don't be surprised at the response.

And yes, you are very clearly wrong.

LOL, where did you say "stopped him doing it more?"

You're scrambling a bit here Bruv. The context of your original statement doesn't really back up your new found assertion.

And u suggest you bone up on the laws of the game. Violent conduct and serious foul play are both Red cardable offenses. It's there in Black and White. Deliberate handball is also a Red card offense, yet VAR didn't pick that up either. Whether an ex referee deems it a Red card or not is irrelevant, by the laws of the game, violent conduct and serious foul play are Red offenses. Taking a player out when the ball is nowhere near him, just because he flicked the ball up and juggled it for a bit, is violent conduct, there doesn't have to be an injury in the aftermath to make it so, it's the intent.

Dangerous or not, it was violent conduct, there really is no debate there. You're now trying to make out he mistimed a tackle. Seriously mate, relax your grip on them straws.
As for the Romero stuff, as I said previously, 2 wrongs don't make a right.

???

Like I said in my first response, your viewpoint is dubious, so don't be surprised at the response.

And yes, you are very clearly wrong.
Go back and watch it. He took Richys legs out but it wasn’t super late or even dangerous. Just a hard tackle that he deserved.

Thanks. I played keeper my whole life and it’s always been one foot on the line. Every PK I watch, I see the keeper have that front foot off the line so I have to imagine that’s how it’s reffed . That is certainly a confusing explanation.
As I said rules were changed this year, will be interesting to see how well its enforced.

There are links from other sources but not exactly high quality

On Sunday, June 12, 2022, the International Football Association Board decided to modify one of the soccer regulations and will harm goalkeepers. The new rule was approved by FIFA and will be implemented as of July 1.

The rule that will be modified will be number 14, and as of July 1, goalkeepers will have to have both feet on the line at the time of a penalty kick. This is for both matches and shootouts, and they will no longer be able to step forward as before, leaving one foot on the line.

During the 136th meeting held in Doha (Qatar), FIFA approved a new law for goalkeepers in situations where penalties are taken. From July 1, the keepers will not be allowed to dance in the face of penalties.

Specifically, goalkeepers will be required to keep both feet on the line during the penalty kick, including in official time, extra time and penalty shootouts. The above regulation aims to minimize goalkeepers from playing psychological tricks, making opponent players lose their morale and concentration.

Back
Top Bottom