Nottingham Forest VS Tottenham Hotspur. Sunday the 28th August 2022. City Ground 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Over on the small time Forest forum, a new poster is stirring shite among them.

Peter Parker...🤔
That precious lot over on the tin pot club's forum have banned Peter Parker - he/she only made 6 posts.

😂

I didn’t think we would start already this early in the season worrying about what other teams are doing. I wasn’t even worried near the end of last season. It’s 4 matches in. It’s all good. Remember in when we only lost one match in 11? Some of these teams are going to struggle massively with two- three matches a week. After the World Cup will be a better gauge.

I used to love playing Forest in the early part of my Spurs adventures. Into the dark days of the 90’s less so. But still have a lot of positives about the Forest under Clough, a different era, childhood romances. Forest might have been the only other club I have “liked” in the U.K ! I generally feel I am a Spurs fan rather than a football fan and detest other clubs.

Anyway, traditional Spurs ( well what we have become ) would lose this one, Conte Spurs means I am more confident, but not massively so. It could be a do or die Forest 1-0 or could be a Spurs masterclass and 0-3 stroll. So let’s assume 1-1 shit boring match. :contekiss:

I used to love playing Forest in the early part of my Spurs adventures. Into the dark days of the 90’s less so. But still have a lot of positives about the Forest under Clough, a different era, childhood romances. Forest might have been the only other club I have “liked” in the U.K ! I generally feel I am a Spurs fan rather than a football fan and detest other clubs.

Anyway, traditional Spurs ( well what we have become ) would lose this one, Conte Spurs means I am more confident, but not massively so. It could be a do or die Forest 1-0 or could be a Spurs masterclass and 0-3 stroll. So let’s assume 1-1 shit boring match. :contekiss:
That's me, in a nutshell. Everything about modern football irks me, it's only my love for Spurs that keeps me putting up with all the 💩 that gets chucked at supporters on a regular basis.
Rant over 🤐

Hopefully the results and performances of the top teams has us motivated. We cannot keep playing the slow passive first halves. Need to go out and dominate , exerte our physical superiority and play on the front t foot.

Nottingham forest V spurs match thread

I urge you all to read through this match thread on the Nottingham forest Forum. Quite funny.

A spurs fan called Brian has invaded and is giving them some shit, they all despise Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor and they even had a little dig at cretinousgoat cretinousgoat 👀👀

What a time to be alive
Definitely worth a read; it's funny how they've got us fans down as Jellied Eel guzzling, cor-blimey cockneys(I was actually born in Hackney Mothers' Hospital, 51 years ago, so maybe I am). Some very balanced posts, amongst the ranting, and not a tree-pun in sight. Gonna be a very intimidating atmosphere, for our lads - COYS!

I’m fed up with these fish puns. Pacifically this one.
Looks like we picked the wrong week to sell Bryan Gill.

airplane GIF

Sorry, I’m behind on this thread, but why is it that we’re doing fish puns now and what’s that got to do with Forest? Doesn’t have trout to do with anything.
I'm guessing it's because they have the River Trent right beside the ground with the Notts County stadium (Meadow Lane) on the other side.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom