Nottingham Forest VS Tottenham Hotspur. Sunday the 28th August 2022. City Ground 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I would love it if my old mate Zest Zest could find the time to sign up on that Forest forum and give them a bit of nutritional advice over the next 2 days.
Spent a lot of time at Rock City, Nottingham, 1990-92.

Used to be famous for having a 6-1 ratio of women to men at the Uni, but was just into gigging.

The nutritional rants are on holiday, sadly, I know, you’re gutted!

Spent a lot of time at Rock City, Nottingham, 1990-92.

Used to be famous for having a 6-1 ratio of women to men at the Uni, but was just into gigging.

The nutritional rants are on holiday, sadly, I know, you’re gutted!
Wasn't asking for a rant. Just a normal post.

Wasn't asking for a rant. Just a normal post.

Friday Night Dancing GIF by Vivid People Disco

Forest site:

Then there was that Swansea fan who said he owned a car lot like Barry from Eastenders but it turned out he worked in Farmfoods and his missus was fat and had a gammy eye as well.

I’m looking forward to Sunday’s game - the first league fixture against Spurs in 23 years - and seeing players of the calibre of Son and Kane on the famous City Ground pitch.

I find the small-time mentality of slagging off other clubs depressing. (Nothing against the puns though…)

Tottenham are for me a great club not because of trophies won, or qualifying for the Champions League, but down to tradition. I’m of an age where I associate Tottenham with having stylish players and an identity that demanded entertaining football, even when you’ve had very average sides.

Similarly, I don’t think anyone who knows anything about football can call Forest a ‘nothing’ club. (What is a ‘nothing’ club exactly? All clubs have some kind of tradition, irrespective of division or honours).

Spurs may nick the win but I suspect it will be closer than you think. The first few weeks of the season for us are a challenge to knit a side together but there have been promising signs already.

We seem to be mocked in some quarters for signing so many players - but the reality is the financial gap between the Premier League and the rest of English football is enormous, unsustainable and in dire need of reform. We needed to invest to create a squad to compete and we have an owner with the means to do so. I believe our recruitment has made sense, fits the way our manager wants us to play and will result in an increasingly competitive team as the season goes on.

Most importantly, we still have a core of players (including several homegrown) who got us promoted in great style and there’s a fantastic positive spirit shared between the fans, the manager and the team. That’s probably our biggest asset, as you’ll feel at the City Ground.
Welcome and thank you for sharing your point of view. I'm glad to see Forest back in the top flight and I also really enjoyed that I Believe in Miracles documentary you've had doing the rounds. Best of luck for the season.

Lloris

Spence. Romero. Dier. Lenglet. Perisic

Bentecur. Bissouma

Richarlison. Kane. Son

——

Would like to see this team for Forest. Would drop Son in terms of form, but we know he can turn it on like a switch. Kuluvesci keep nice and fresh for the happy hammers. Take Harry off if we are winning comfortably. I want to see rotation though and our squad utilised. FyI, I don’t think Spence will start, but I would like him to be given an opportunity

Lloris

Spence. Romero. Dier. Lenglet. Perisic

Bentecur. Bissouma

Richarlison. Kane. Son

——

Would like to see this team for Forest. Would drop Son in terms of form, but we know he can turn it on like a switch. Kuluvesci keep nice and fresh for the happy hammers. Take Harry off if we are winning comfortably. I want to see rotation though and our squad utilised. FyI, I don’t think Spence will start, but I would like him to be given an opportunity

I'd possibly keep Kulu in and play Richarlison for Son at the moment

Back
Top Bottom