Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You go with 2 because you don’t have the players to go with more.

Again he has played with 3 his whole career do you think he suddenly forgot how to manage or is the absolute lack of quality in MF playing a factor here?

Seems clear which is more likely.

He's had the option to play 3 every game. If you've got an absolute lack of quality, seems odd to weaken it even further by playing only 2 of them, especially with the application of his tactics and how he wants to play most games.

Even tonight he could have played White, and then he'd have had better options off the bench to change the game if he needed.

He's had the option to play 3 every game. If you've got an absolute lack of quality, seems odd to weaken it even further by playing only 2 of them, especially with the application of his tactics and how he wants to play most games.

Even tonight he could have played White, and then he'd have had better options off the bench to change the game if he needed.

If the option is to play a kid with zero PL games and a handful of lower level European games at the senior level to me that shows that you have no options. Could he have done it? Sure but it isn't like it is some clear cut better option that results in any thing better.

At that point you are throwing crap at the wall hoping something sticks and I am not going to blame a manager for not going with a hope and pray strategy because he hasn't been given the proper players to work with.

What seems even more odd to me is to see the players that we have available and the zero quality there and to blame a manager that has had nothing but success throughout his career and various club as being the issue.

SSH you’ll upset him. He’s right about everything except nobody seems to agree with him on anything. We are all wrong and he is right.

LOL

Nobody agrees with me on Conte being an amazing manager???

Yes I am sure going out on a limb with that one.

We've probably been in a 3-5-2 for about 30 minutes total under Conte.

That shape makes sense to me, but I'm not the one who put the PL to the sword in a 3-4-3, I trust Conte on this.

We played 3-5-2 for the majority of the Liverpool and Leicester games, although really it isn't like this is a video game so for a lot games the formation will switch up through out the game.

He's an amazing manager with 1000 million pounds to spend.
And that is the thing with most of these managers. Give them the money to buy who they want and they’ll do well. Ask them to roll up their sleeves, organise and develop the players they have, ensure that they are bringing through the future Hoddles and Perrymans and all of a sudden it’s not so easy.

LOL

Nobody agrees with me on Conte being an amazing manager???

Yes I am sure going out on a limb with that one.
You have been posting for years on this site and most people with eyes and a bit of common sense disagree with virtually everything you write. I am afraid that at the moment the jury is out on Conte in terms of what he is doing for us . He shouldn’t have to have wallys like you defending him following defeats to championship crap.

You have been posting for years on this site and most people with eyes and a bit of common sense disagree with virtually everything you write. I am afraid that at the moment the jury is out on Conte in terms of what he is doing for us . He shouldn’t have to have wallys like you defending him following defeats to championship crap.

No I haven't been posting on this site for years and no most people don't disagree with virtually everything I say so 0 for 2 for you.

In fact if reactions are anything to go by people are agreeing with me much, much more than not after this game as an example.

The jury is not out on Conte because he has been here for less than 6 months, with no pre-season or proper window.

Anyone saying the Jury is out on a top 5 manager in the world is a fucking idiot.

If the option is to play a kid with zero PL games and a handful of lower level European games at the senior level to me that shows that you have no options. Could he have done it? Sure but it isn't like it is some clear cut better option that results in any thing better.

At that point you are throwing crap at the wall hoping something sticks and I am not going to blame a manager for not going with a hope and pray strategy because he hasn't been given the proper players to work with.

What seems even more odd to me is to see the players that we have available and the zero quality there and to blame a manager that has had nothing but success throughout his career and various club as being the issue.

It's an FA Cup game FFS, and he'd be in there with our strongest other 10 players. If you can't play a kid then, when?

And this isn't just tonight, it's been most of the time he's been here. yet we've played much better the two or three times he's actually played 352 with a CM3, and then he's ignored it and gone back to the 343.

It's illogical. Counterintuitive. And he fucked off two midfielders in January (on loan) who could have given him options to play the 352.

That group of players would beat that Boro side with Ryan Mason or Tactics Tim in charge. Basic man management and motivational skills to get the job done.

Conte has done the opposite and destroyed whatever tatters of confidence there was before. Some players have probably gone backwards under his short but miserable tenure so far.

If we splash the cash in the summer and he gets a tune out of the team, that doesn't make him a good coach - just a chequebook fraud. The peak of his career with chelsea, he had one game a week to focus on the league with a team of battle hardened title winners, and they were by far the second best team in the league compared to Poch's spurs.

It's an FA Cup game FFS, and he'd be in there with our strongest other 10 players. If you can't play a kid then, when?

And this isn't just tonight, it's been most of the time he's been here. yet we've played much better the two or three times he's actually played 352 with a CM3, and then he's ignored it and gone back to the 343.

It's illogical. Counterintuitive. And he fucked off two midfielders in January (on loan) who could have given him options to play the 352.

Again if not playing Harvey White is your big complaint it shows how weak your argument is.

He has gone back to the 3-4-3 every time we have injuries and not had any quality in the MF.

Playing 3-5-2 with Harvey White is highly unlikely to change the result in this game at all. The fact we have to talk about whether Harvey White could improve us or not shows the real problem with the team.

So keep going on with your pathetic agenda against a top 5 manager and ignore the real problem that we have zero quality in our side especially the midfield and as long as that is the case the formation means jack shit.

That was the one time he didn’t because they had already had Pedro, Costa and Hazard as a front 3 so it made little sense to bench one of them.

What a load of crap... He did it cos of the Kante factor and that in his prime he was like 2 men.

No I haven't been posting on this site for years and no most people don't disagree with virtually everything I say so 0 for 2 for you.

In fact if reactions are anything to go by people are agreeing with me much, much more than not after this game as an example.

The jury is not out on Conte because he has been here for less than 6 months, with no pre-season or proper window.

Anyone saying the Jury is out on a top 5 manager in the world is a fucking idiot.
Fair point. I was under the impression that you’d been on here for longer. I guess when someone makes 12000+ posts of mostly crap in less than 2 years it can seem as if they have been around longer

Again if not playing Harvey White is your big complaint it shows how weak your argument is.

He has gone back to the 3-4-3 every time we have injuries and not had any quality in the MF.

Playing 3-5-2 with Harvey White is highly unlikely to change the result in this game at all. The fact we have to talk about whether Harvey White could improve us or not shows the real problem with the team.

So keep going on with your pathetic agenda against a top 5 manager and ignore the real problem that we have zero quality in our side especially the midfield and as long as that is the case the formation means jack shit.

Not playing Harvey White in this game is one complaint. Not playing any of the other CM's we have to make a CM3 throughout most of the time he's been here is my bigger complaint.

Back
Top Bottom