Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Imagine Mourinho and Conte, who've won around 40 trophies between them, failing to win a single pot between them under ENIC......

And fans still blame the managers..

Happy Cracking Up GIF by Regal

Comedy club
And some on here think that if we changed the midfield around a bit we would do better!!
lol 😆

Boro knew that if they played like Burnley and didn’t play a high line we would struggle and that’s exactly what happened

Weak team but he's not looking for solutions is he? When your team is this bad you've got to see if there's anyone in teh academy worth giving a go.

You've got to try a couple of formations, roles etc. He's done little to no experimentation.

Wait he's still around?

Surprised he's not packing his bags and writing his letter of resignation.

"Dear Daniel.

I fucking told you so.

Signed, Antonio "
Reply something like

Dear Antonio

Always thought you were a sucker for taking the job in the first place.

You didn’t believe me when I said that we’d invest did you?
Really?

LMFAO

Thank you for resigning and saving me more cash!

Kind regards

Daniel

Weak team but he's not looking for solutions is he? When your team is this bad you've got to see if there's anyone in teh academy worth giving a go.

You've got to try a couple of formations, roles etc. He's done little to no experimentation.
Maybe he’s already looked and decided that they aren’t worth a go?

From now to the end of the season is where he earns his money.

Pretty much a game a week. Plenty of time to prepare for each opposition. Hopefully players back from injuries.

No excuses to not give it everything.

Having some shit players doesn't give Conte a free hit.

If you know you are weak in central midfield, why keep persevering with two. It would also put less pressure on people like Son defensively, which is another massive weakness, which helps expose our pretty meh LB's. And to a slightly lesser extent exposes our not so great RB's too.

He's making decisions that are exposing weaknesses at times, not helping mitigate them.

You go with 2 because you don’t have the players to go with more.

Again he has played with 3 his whole career do you think he suddenly forgot how to manage or is the absolute lack of quality in MF playing a factor here?

Seems clear which is more likely.

That was the one time he didn’t because they had already had Pedro, Costa and Hazard as a front 3 so it made little sense to bench one of them.
Sure, but he went 3-4-3 in all comps for two full seasons with different combinations up top.

Maybe he thinks that shape is better suited to English football.

If he were committedly doctrinaire about 3-5-2 he'd have tried more of it by now. The evidence seems overwhelming that 3-4-3 is what he has in mind.

From now to the end of the season is where he earns his money.

Pretty much a game a week. Plenty of time to prepare for each opposition. Hopefully players back from injuries.

No excuses to not give it everything.

I never liked our chances on the Cups this year anyways. Definitely Not with the squad we have at the moment.

Sure, but he went 3-4-3 in all comps for two full seasons with different combinations up top.

Maybe he thinks that shape is better suited to English football.

If he were committedly doctrinaire about 3-5-2 he'd have tried more of it by now. The evidence seems overwhelming that 3-4-3 is what he has in mind.

Hard to imagine that 3-4-3 would be better suited for English football and especially when we all say the 3-5-2 has looked better when we play it.

It seems unlikely that Conte can’t see what we all do and simply lost all football knowledge.

When we have a shit MF it makes much more sense that is the reason for the formation.

But maybe Conte did magically lose all football sense.

Hard to imagine that 3-4-3 would be better suited for English football and especially when we all say the 3-5-2 has looked better when we play it.

It seems unlikely that Conte can’t see what we all do and simply lost all football knowledge.

When we have a shit MF it makes much more sense that is the reason for the formation.

But maybe Conte did magically lose all football sense.
We've probably been in a 3-5-2 for about 30 minutes total under Conte.

That shape makes sense to me, but I'm not the one who put the PL to the sword in a 3-4-3, I trust Conte on this.

Back
Top Bottom