Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'll never blame Conte for tonight but i'd rather see us go out with the likes of White and Scarlett than useless wage-thiefs like Winks out there.

I'm a big Conte fan but i'm absolutely sick of this squad and he needs to rip it up totally because as he's finding out you can't trust these players even if you think you might be able to. They've seen off 3 managers and he'll be the next one if he doesn't wise up to them.

What is Conte supposed to do about having exactly 2 senior midfielders fit to play. What’s he supposed to do about Son having the worst game of his career. What’s he supposed to do about having Doherty and Sessegnon as the only two actual wingback options at the club.

When he reverted to a back 4 with fullbacks Royal and Davies we were still shit.

Some of these players haven’t performed consistently since under the last months of Pochettino 3 years ago, let alone under Conte.

We just played 4 away games in the north in a row, we were clearly exhausted in extra time. And we would have been 1-0 up if VAR was in place, Kane’s goal was onside.

We need to give him the chance this summer to replace the average players in the team once and for all
Good thing he didn't agree to 4 midfielders leaving in January with only one coming in.

He'll be here next season.

I'm pretty sure Conte's been leaving after most defeats this season. NS Mura he was gonna walk. Feb 1st after the transfer window was gonna walk. Southampton was gonna walk. Wolves was gonna walk. Burnley was gonna walk.

Still here...

The job is too big to turn this sinking ship around, even for him. It will take years to turn us into a team like Poch had 4 or 5 years ago and even then we won nothing. Why would Conte bother when he can take a top job elsewhere

Time to start getting rid of most of these players. Can't keep sacking managers expecting one to miraculously get a tune out of them. We are so over reliant on kane to pick a pass or score its criminal.

Then hire another manager, who will be another failure. Pochettino was losing to most of the league's shit (we got embarrassed by Brighton in one of his final games) and then Jose had a little purple patch before we were getting shit on by Croatian farmers, and then Nuno got a go and he's dour and bad, but the players did the same shit again. Now we've got Conte and same old story.

This manager succeeds everywhere he goes. Every manager fails when they arrive here. The logical conclusion is that this club is at fault, not him. Do I think there are decisions on a micro level he's getting wrong? Yes. Do I think we're losing these games primarily because of that? No. This squad is the worst we've had in years.

We definitely need to stick with him, it will be born out as the right decision in the end but he’s making quite a lot of wrong decisions at the moment.

For who? Who would make Emerson, Doherty, Winks, Hojbjerg good footballers? Who would make Davies look anything other than ordinary or give Moura a football brain?
Didn't Harry take over a tired group with the 2 points in 8 games? I'm fucking sick of watching this turgid squad managed by negative dinosaurs. Conte is making Mourinho look like Keegan. I've fucking had enough of it. No fucking about I really think Redknapp would have more chance of getting us 4th. This hard love manager tactic ended with Ferguson. It simply does not work anymore.

He must be thinking “what an absolute bunch of losers”. No-one keener than him to end the season and shed the deadweights.

Conte has had nothing but success for the past 10 years at multiple different clubs and we have a team that by almost every person's judgement outside of the moronic homers would say is not good enough and yet there are still some morons here ready to blame the top 5 elite manager and give the shit players a pass.

There have been some amazing displays of people ignoring facts and reality and believing a BS message lately- Trumpers, Brexit, Anti-Vaxxers etc. but this level of willful ignorance and stupidity might top the list.

Imagine Mourinho and Conte, who've won around 40 trophies between them, failing to win a single pot between them under ENIC......

And fans still blame the managers..

Happy Cracking Up GIF by Regal

Comedy club

Conte has had nothing but success for the past 10 years at multiple different clubs and we have a team that by almost every person's judgement outside of the moronic homers would say is not good enough and yet there are still some morons here ready to blame the top 5 elite manager and give the shit players a pass.

There have been some amazing displays of people ignoring facts and reality and believing a BS message lately- Trumpers, Brexit, Anti-Vaxxers etc. but this level of willful ignorance and stupidity might top the list.
I think some people expect a manager to be able to shift their tactics to make the most of the players that they have available to them. That’s probably where the criticism comes from.

Especially managers who are deemed to be “world class”. But to date, he hasn’t been able to do that. Conte’s system clearly works. He’s won pretty much everything. But he’s working with players at this club who, in most cases, are nowhere near the required quality.

I don’t think he’s the right fit for the club unless the club are prepared to give him the players he needs in order for his system to work. That raises the question of why the fuck he was appointed in the first place. But nothing this club does surprises me anymore.

He must be thinking “what an absolute bunch of losers”. No-one keener than him to end the season and shed the deadweights.
Then what'll be the excuse when that happens ( lolz ) and his buddy Parawanki signs the next Emerson Royale, or another centre half who can't head the ball, or another keeper who can't use his hands etc? Then what?

Back
Top Bottom