Man City v TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR; Saturday 19th February; KO 17:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just watching the winner again....

Our game plan was 100% to let them push up high and commit as many forward before passing through Kane in the middle into overlapping players to get behind their defence...

But the 3rd goal saw SEVEN different Spurs players pass the ball patiently and accurately, predominantly in the City half before picking lock and scoring. (More than 7 passes but I counted 7 different players involved)

Quite fitting that we spent 90 minutes negating their style and then actually beat them WITH their own style.
We've had a few critics regarding our playing style for this game by the media and on social media too. I wanted to ask though, did anyone see Man City put a move together on Saturday that was better or more aesthetically pleasing than we did for all 3 of our goals or for Kane's chance?

From what I remember, they had a lot of the ball, as usual, made a lot of passes, as usual, but then kept crossing into the box for their 3 x 5ft something forwards to get on the end of. Their 2 goals came from a goal keeping error and an additional time penalty.

Same as last season (I think) when we beat them, did they put together any moves that were better than ours for Son or GLC's goals? Or our one that was disallowed for offside that day?

Over £1billion spent but Man City only have 1 way of playing, they are excellent at it however for all that money along with having apparently the best coach in the world why do they not have a Plan B?

We've had a few critics regarding our playing style for this game by the media and on social media too. I wanted to ask though, did anyone see Man City put a move together on Saturday that was better or more aesthetically pleasing than we did for all 3 of our goals or for Kane's chance?

From what I remember, they had a lot of the ball, as usual, made a lot of passes, as usual, but then kept crossing into the box for their 3 x 5ft something forwards to get on the end of. Their 2 goals came from a goal keeping error and an additional time penalty.

Same as last season (I think) when we beat them, did they put together any moves that were better than ours for Son or GLC's goals? Or our one that was disallowed for offside that day?

Over £1billion spent but Man City only have 1 way of playing, they are excellent at it however for all that money along with having apparently the best coach in the world why do they not have a Plan B?

As I said elsewhere, ask a real City fan, one who has supported them in the lower leagues before they won the lotto. They know where they fall short. The rest are plastics who bitch and moan if they don't win 5-0 every week. They only support them because they tend to do that.

We were way more defensive in the Mourinho win over them

We created lots of good chances on Saturday, it wasn't 11 men back and smash and grab stuff

As I said elsewhere, ask a real City fan, one who has supported them in the lower leagues before they won the lotto. They know where they fall short. The rest are plastics who bitch and moan if they don't win 5-0 every week. They only support them because they tend to do that.

I agree with you there and for the plastics comment, I think that applies not only to them but quite a few modern day fans in general. It's crazy that so many fans of many teams expect their own team to roll over every team they come up against every game.

To be honest, I do find Man City quite boring to watch a lot of times but when their main players, especially KDB are on form they do score some stunning goals. I'm not a Pep hater either - my friends and I flew out to Spain during his first season at Barcelona to watch them play and it was mesmerizing. That team had a great mix of teamwork with their passing and pressing but also had incredible individuals too so although they did play the Pep way it made it much more exciting.

We created lots of good chances on Saturday, it wasn't 11 men back and smash and grab stuff
For sure we were much more defensive in the Mourinho win but the passages of play for our goals that day were much better than anything Man City put together in that game.

We had more shots on target than they did for starters. They had way more shots of course. We were more clinical. And could have scored more. They "dominated" without doing an awful lot.

Just watching the winner again....

Our game plan was 100% to let them push up high and commit as many forward before passing through Kane in the middle into overlapping players to get behind their defence...

But the 3rd goal saw SEVEN different Spurs players pass the ball patiently and accurately, predominantly in the City half before picking lock and scoring. (More than 7 passes but I counted 7 different players involved)

Quite fitting that we spent 90 minutes negating their style and then actually beat them WITH their own style.
Yup, Kane's saved shot that would have had us 3-1 was also similar. Yes, it was more or less a counter attack, but it was the result of about 6/7 good one touch passes that progessed the ball quickly AND had the city defence in a panic even though they had numbers back.

We actually had good chances to make that 2-0 home win 3+
The tactics were fairly similar. Don't let them play through the middle, keep ushering them out wide then deal with the crosses. They had a lot of crosses in both games. The goals and chances came from a pass into the middle then another pass into space for players to run on to.
Sundays win just saw some better passing in the middle in addition to the quick defence-attack turn around. We got in behind them a lot away under Mourinho as well. But we brainfarted at the back a lot and they took their chances.

I agree with you there and for the plastics comment, I think that applies not only to them but quite a few modern day fans in general. It's crazy that so many fans of many teams expect their own team to roll over every team they come up against every game.

To be honest, I do find Man City quite boring to watch a lot of times but when their main players, especially KDB are on form they do score some stunning goals. I'm not a Pep hater either - my friends and I flew out to Spain during his first season at Barcelona to watch them play and it was mesmerizing. That team had a great mix of teamwork with their passing and pressing but also had incredible individuals too so although they did play the Pep way it made it much more exciting.

It's why they support "their" team. It's the very definition of gloryhunting and it's sometimes a very vad move.
I know a selection of Newcastle fans who jumped on the the mid 90's bandwagon. They thought this was it, they'll be the best team forever and they have won nothing since other than promotion.
I even know Blackburn fans - Blackburn fans who, when they were a bit younger, were Liverpool fans.

To me, you can't claim to support a team that you don't go to see even if occasionally.
How can you support them? You can follow them. You can pledge allegiance to them. You can watch every game on TV and love it. But you can't support them.

Imagine filming yourself in your dingy little room at your mums house watching a game of football

No wonder City have never sold their stadium out, all their glory hunting fans are at home in London filming themselves and trying to put a little manc twang into their voices

Imagine filming yourself in your dingy little room at your mums house watching a game of football

No wonder City have never sold their stadium out, all their glory hunting fans are at home in London filming themselves and trying to put a little manc twang into their voices

Imagine being that narcissistic that you think people want to see it.
Kids eh, no self awareness.

It's like the mid 90's all over again when twats everywhere wanted to have a little bit of Gallagher in their voice....

"Mad fer it!"

FUCK OFF! :dembelefingers:

Back
Top Bottom