Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Personally I don't see how spurs can turn things around now. This is now a project for someone, it's not a case of someone stepping in, it's a case of a man with a plan and support all required, and there in lies your problem. Right now with levy you will never get that, not the time, the support or the right man coming in.

Levy has utterly fckd things. People can be lucky for a long time. They can make a fortune, they can build an ego the size of the eifle tower, they can suck the baws of the boss till they are all shrivelled. But you know eventually the luck will run out. Well, levys ran the fck out and took us down with him.

We have a billion £ debt, a disfunctional squad which consists of key players desperate to leave, and others who just simply show up for a pay day. A manager who is in for a payday and a coach who fn shit!!!!!

Levy thought it was a property project, build the best stadium and everything thing else look after itself. Wrong! a factory needs machines and an office needs computers - buy poor quality then expect poor quality.

Nuno ain't the problem, neither are the players - they are like the supporters, all levys victims.

Levy won't sell as he has a price, nobody will buy, cause ain't nobody that fn stupid! He can't get a manager who will actually want or believe he can achieve anything ( the way levy treated people has been shocking) . The players are just wrecks, seriously! All emotionally fucked up wrecks.. Look how many levy has fckd over!

Supporting spurs for life is a given, but until levy is gone, it will also be a sentence. Levy out ASAP!
That’s basically it.

What I've found is that after losing to West Ham. After the dicking at Woolwich. After the surrender v Chelsea. And after the humiliation at Palace.......I feel virtually nothing.
In all my life I've never experienced this kind of numbness or lethargy. In the past I'd have been angry beyond reason. An absolute cunt to live with or be with.
Today I feel nothing. ENIC have ripped the heart out of my football club and transformed it into a soulless, corporate cash cow whoring itself out for profit with no intention to win and no intention to compete.
They have destroyed my passion for my club and I detest what they've done.

FCe_Ed0XsA0VG18

Last time I got angry at Spurs was the 3-3 against West Ham last season, saw the 3rd goal fly in, then went to sit down for dinner in a strop, probably lingered for the entire evening.

The next day my Dad was taken into hospital and we spent roughly 3 weeks expecting a call at any moment to say he was dying.

I could have spent the last meal I had with my Dad in a strop because a bunch of overpaid, over privileged, often self important cunts are shit at their job.

Fortunately he pulled round, and now I just laugh at how shit we are and don't let it affect the rest of my life.

Still moan like a bitch on here about the shambolic running of the club and our pathetic manager, but I'm never letting it spoil time with my loved ones again, we're plenty capable of that ourselves!
Hope he's not a Spurs fan. Takes years off your life. Hope he's doing well.

In all my years of supporting Spurs I've never cared as little as I care now. ENIC are treating the club so clinically. There's just no soul or passion anymore. Off the field or on. We're just turning into a robotic, bland club with no identity and ENIC are 100% to blame.

:harryhmm:

In all my years of supporting Spurs I've never cared as little as I care now. ENIC are treating the club so clinically. There's just no soul or passion anymore. Off the field or on. We're just turning into a robotic, bland club with no identity and ENIC are 100% to blame.

:harryhmm:
Needs investment, it’s that simple. £250m in Jan and an exciting manager and it can quickly change

The frustrating thing is even that will be a missed opportunity - we could have capitalised on Utd this summer and got back in the CL mix

part of me wishes i was around at the time of our height in the 50's and 60's

lucky few on here who was i envy you

cant see us winning anything in my lifetime unless we get bought out
It’s a double edged sword. Having seen the glory years makes it hard to watch now but as you say, at least having seen success.

I’m not one for living on the past but I’d take any sort of cup run now. We always had that to look forward to but even that seems beyond us.

Football is a completely different game now though and not necessarily for the better, at least in all areas. I think the players on the whole are better, fitter, stronger and the game faster and more pleasing on the eye (apart from all of the play acting crap) but the money side of things has ruined the competition to the point where there really isn’t any now. Well, unless you get bought by blood money…

It’s a double edged sword. Having seen the glory years makes it hard to watch now but as you say, at least having seen success.

I’m not one for living on the past but I’d take any sort of cup run now. We always had that to look forward to but even that seems beyond us.

Football is a completely different game now though and not necessarily for the better, at least in all areas. I think the players on the whole are better, fitter, stronger and the game faster and more pleasing on the eye (apart from all of the play acting crap) but the money side of things has ruined the competition to the point where there really isn’t any now. Well, unless you get bought by blood money…
There’s only one cup that has any credibility and prestige, and we aren’t in it

There’s only one cup that has any credibility and prestige, and we aren’t in it
If that is the case it is even more sad. The FA Cup used to be special. The League Cup less so but was to me as the final against Norwich was my first live game. We won pretty much all of the European competitions other than the European acup before the champions league era.

Champions league is all about money as well and whilst we did manage to get to the final I see our chances of repeating it increasingly scant.

If that is the case it is even more sad. The FA Cup used to be special. The League Cup less so but was to me as the final against Norwich was my first live game. We won pretty much all of the European competitions other than the European acup before the champions league era.

Champions league is all about money as well and whilst we did manage to get to the final I see our chances of repeating it increasingly scant.
The FA Cup has less prestige than the LC nowadays. 3rd round etc are decent but the semi/final? Meh

It’s all changed, like it or not the CL is a fantastic competition. Loads of exciting games and the best and richest teams rarely win it

M
Nah, we’ve tried and failed, and people threw a hissy hit. The bottom line is, we haven’t won enough and people can’t face the thought of another decade with no trophies…..like I said, don’t come back if Nuno turns it around.

Levy can go. I told you I’m done with ENIC. I’m done with Kane.
I’ll never be done with THFC though.

There’s a big difference between done with THFC and done with this team and regime. Done with THFC means never ever supporting them again. Done with this team and this regime means never supporting those in charge until things change. If it takes another 5/6 years before major changes are made, then so be it, I can wait. But, I won’t be supporting and funding a bunch of parasites that are more interested fleecing their own supporters, corporate profits than building a successful team on the field. We are fed up and the lack support for this team is now growing in numbers. You are Levy/ENIC out, yet you pay and support them to keep on turning this club into their little cash cow. If more supporters turned their back and started boycotting, just maybe we might get our wish and eventually they would get the big picture. A football club without fans is nothing and Tottenham Hotspur are slowly losing their supporters. I don’t blame them one bit.

That 3bn (😂😂) would drop like a stone with a half empty stadium every week, just saying😉
Just a thought. Do ENIC need to sell Premier League football or Tickets to watch Tottenham Hotspur in the Premier League?

The corporate pound, it seems, wants the Premier League. The “plebs” Tottenham. The “plebs” don’t matter anywhere near as much as the Corporate income.

Why invest in anything that requires the anchor tenant to kick on ? Ronaldo is playing at Tottenham on Saturday and he costs Levy nothing. The Corporates will be delighted to be watching Man U.

I sincerely believe that as long as the team are between 17 and 5th. There is no real incentive to do anything at board level. In fact doing as little as possible is the key.

Last edited:
Just a thought. Do ENIC need to sell Premier League football or Tickets to watch Tottenham Hotspur in the Premier League?.

The corporate pound, it seems, wants the Premier League. The “plebs” Tottenham. The “plebs” don’t matter anywhere near as much as the Corporate income.

Why invest in anything that requires the anchor tenant to kick on ? Ronaldo is playing at Tottenham on Saturday and he costs Levy nothing. The Corporates will be delighted to be watching Man U.

I sincerely believe that as long as the team are between 17 and 5th. There is no real incentive to do anything at board level. In fact doing as little as possible is the key.

The bigger issue is not money. Last couple of seasons we have actually had a positive net spend. It’s the total lack of strategy, there seems no connection between the type of players we buy, the managers we employ and our aims. Look at Liverpool they don’t spend vastly more than us but they have an elite coach, every player is signed with a role in mind.

Our lack of a plan is our biggest problem, Levy is an opportunist, he is a planner on the infrastructure side but when it comes to football it’s all about getting a winning deal in the moment, that is stupid when it comes to organically building a top side. It’s why we have deadwood on the book, holes in different positions and a general lack of direction. The only way you can overcome this is a top manager who can develop players like Poch but we have Nuno.

The FA Cup has less prestige than the LC nowadays. 3rd round etc are decent but the semi/final? Meh

It’s all changed, like it or not the CL is a fantastic competition. Loads of exciting games and the best and richest teams rarely win it
Hmm. Definitely the premier competition but some of the early stage games are dross. I still think there is room to have a straightforward knockout competition somewhere but then I’m old school so I would.

said this since Harry was the manager, Levy knows how much you get from the extra matches you get by being top 4/6, he knows what extra it costs to get there (transfees, wages, bonuses etc etc) unless the figures workout he will not invest in this club
staying in EPL and being between 5-10th is ok as he gets in much the same money whichever position

The bigger issue is not money. Last couple of seasons we have actually had a positive net spend. It’s the total lack of strategy, there seems no connection between the type of players we buy, the managers we employ and our aims. Look at Liverpool they don’t spend vastly more than us but they have an elite coach, every player is signed with a role in mind.

Our lack of a plan is our biggest problem, Levy is an opportunist, he is a planner on the infrastructure side but when it comes to football it’s all about getting a winning deal in the moment, that is stupid when it comes to organically building a top side. It’s why we have deadwood on the book, holes in different positions and a general lack of direction. The only way you can overcome this is a top manager who can develop players like Poch but we have Nuno.
These are clever people. The idea that this is all a cock up or a lack of strategic planning seems unlikely to me. Players are scouted signed in the hope that in time they succeed rather than being immediate up grades to the first team. They are signed with profit in mind and sold when the accountants are able to show a profit. While there might be some exceptions, it is how it appears.

I don’t buy into the development of players, once at the elite level. I do believe in the development of a team structure which gets the best out of the tools. Which is what Poch did and what Nuno is not doing.

I also think Nuno is entirely the wrong man for this job from a fans view point. But in terms of economics he is exactly what ENIC would want in place. Anyone of these words apply to him Cheap, distraction, patsy, punt, credible (just)

Back
Top Bottom