Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be an amazing fee for someone with 1 yr left on their contract but seems too high to make the article believable.

Stop with that rationality I am going to get my hopes up like I do every time there is a iffy report on one of the deadwood player leaving.

I have only been burned 249 times before and you know what they say 250th time is the charm!

Last edited:
Don’t believe this figure.

Unless they’re smoking something extra strong over in Paris.

Summer 17:

Aurier - PSG > Spurs: 25m euro
Also: PSG wreck the trf market with Neymar & Mbappe deals.

Summer 21:

Aurier - Spurs to PSG: 20m euro.

Inflation, bitchez!!! :dembelefingers:

Last edited:
Much as my heart wishes the stories of Aurier's imminent departure to be true I doubt them.
I think he will go to Italy for around 10m euros.
That’s still fine. Just get him outta here.

The problem with a lot of our deadwood is that we have no use for them. The problem with Sissoko and Aurier is that we do. We need to throw away those crutches because we’re going nowhere with those guys in the side. You could add Winks and Lamela to that list too.

If Aurier stays you know he’s going to start regularly for us next year and we can’t let that happen. Turn that page.

Here's a list of all our transferred players and how much they cost:
S for sell IMO.
Probably would have more question marks to be honest.

31/08/2012Lloris12
30/08/2013Lamela25S
23/07/2014Davies8
31/07/2014Dier4
03/02/2015Alli5
08/07/2015Alderweireld10
28/08/2015Son17
31/08/2016Sissoko30S
18/08/2017Sanchez36S
31/08/2017Aurier23S
31/01/2018Moura22
07/06/2019Etete0.5
02/07/2019Clarke8.5?
02/07/2019Ndombele42.5S
08/08/2019Lo Celso41
08/08/2019Sessegnon25
29/01/2020Bergwijn26?
28/07/2020Devine0.5
11/08/2020Hojbjerg15
18/08/2020Hart0
30/08/2020Doherty13.5
19/09/2020Reguilon27.5?
19/09/2020Bale0
02/10/2020Vinicius2.5S
16/10/2020Rodon11?
Total405.5

That’s still fine. Just get him outta here.

The problem with a lot of our deadwood is that we have no use for them. The problem with Sissoko and Aurier is that we do. We need to throw away those crutches because we’re going nowhere with those guys in the side. You could add Winks and Lamela to that list too.

If Aurier stays you know he’s going to start regularly for us next year and we can’t let that happen. Turn that page.

Exactly even though we "need to sell to buy" I don't care what we get back I just want them out. The longer they stay the more likely it is that Levy fucks it up trying to squeeze too much out of a deal.

I know people will disagree but at this point with guys like Dier, Sanchez, Winks, Lamela, Sissoko, Aurier (and more) it is more important to get rid of them than worrying about what we get for them. We should be fine selling them for nothing if it means they are gone. They are negatives at the club and can only hurt us if they stay.

Exactly even though we "need to sell to buy" I don't care what we get back I just want them out. The longer they stay the more likely it is that Levy fucks it up trying to squeeze too much out of a deal.

I know people will disagree but at this point with guys like Dier, Sanchez, Winks, Lamela, Sissoko, Aurier (and more) it is more important to get rid of them than worrying about what we get for them. We should be fine selling them for nothing if it means they are gone. They are negatives at the club and can only hurt us if they stay.

Lucky you're not running the club really..... We already stand to have accumulated 50m from sales of 3 of those guys already (inc. the Edwards sell-on). You'd be just as happy giving them away (or as you so 'eloquently' put it; "selling them for nothing". LOL)... This means we have more money to spend, silly.

Lucky you're not running the club really..... We already stand to have accumulated 50m from sales of 3 of those guys already (inc. the Edwards sell-on). You'd be just as happy giving them away (or as you so 'eloquently' put it; "selling them for nothing". LOL)... This means we have more money to spend, silly.

Good point we should run this group of deadwood back it has worked so well so far or just wait for Daniel to get all this big money for them as he has shown he is willing to do in the past.

I mean if we lose them we might not be able to reach the lofty heights of 7th and the European Conference League again. What ever would we do then?

Good point we should run this group of deadwood back it has worked so well so far or just wait for Daniel to get all this big money for them as he has shown he is willing to do in the past.

I didn't say any of that.... True to petulant, miserable form; you said we should just give them all away and I said that was a dumb idea (which of course, it is - As already proven by the outgoing deals we have on the horizon).

I mean if we lose them we might notbe able to reach the lofty heights of 7th and the European Conference League again. What ever would we do then?

Not once did I say keep any of them.

My god, you're a real sulky little bitch aren't you... ?

I didn't say any of that.... True to petulant, miserable form, you said we should just give them all away and I said that was a dumb idea (which of course, it is).

Not once did I say keep any of them.

My god, you're a real sulky little bitch aren't you... ?

So glad to have your crying and spinning back. Luckily for me I have never once sulked so as usual you are dead wrong.

Yes I said we should give them away if we aren't able to sell them. We are better off without them than keeping them because nobody will pay Levy's stupid demands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom