Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt 20 million is true given he only has one year left on his contract but the links between him and PSG seem really strong in general. I'd take anything over 10 million honestly.

That said, I would not consider Aurier "deadwood" the way some others here seem to. Sissoko? Absolutely deadwood. Aurier? He's a flawed player but was our 1st choice RB and put in some good performances for us. We all know his limitations and he's certainly one we can upgrade on, but not completely useless like some of the real deadwood we have.

Won't be sad to see him go though, use the funds to upgrade.

So glad to have your crying and spinning back. Luckily for me I have never once sulked so as usual you are dead wrong.

LOL..... You're such a man-baby!

There's no crying at my end.

Yes I said we should give them away if we aren't able to sell them. We are better off without them than keeping them because nobody will pay Levy's stupid demands.

Well, evidently we are able to sell them.... 3 allegedy done deals within a week of the new DOF arriving and you're still whinging about how long things take.

MOOT.

Edit: You're a joke... You spent all last summer telling me I was clueless cos I didn't buy your claims that there'd be a long line of suitors for (eg) Lamela at 20m and the rest of the dregs. Low and behold barely a sniff of interest for any of them.

LOL..... You're such a man-baby!

There's no crying at my end.

Well, evidently we are able to sell them.... 3 allegedy done deals within a week of the new DOF arriving and you're still whinging about how long things take.

MOOT.

Edit: You're a joke... You spent all last summer telling me I was clueless cos I didn't buy your claims that there'd be a long line of suitors for (eg) Lamela at 20m and the rest of the dregs. Low and behold barely a sniff of interest for any of them.

Allegedly is the key word there. We have seen deals allegedly done fall apart for us all the time, even just a week or two ago with Conte.

We could have sold players last year but we have a DOF/Chairman that demands too much for them.

Allegedly is the key word there. We have seen deals allegedly done fall apart for us all the time, even just a week or two ago with Conte.

We could have sold players last year but we have a DOF/Chairman that demands too much for them.

......But you were making those claims to me; not Levy. Not the media either.

I wouldn't get too hung up on the word "allegedly"...... All I'm doing is relaying reports that you'd be all over like a rash if it suited your narrative. Meanwhile, you yourself are peddling no facts here btw; just allegation.

.....Or do you have evidence that Levy priced Dav, Sissoko, Lamela, Dier et Al out of deals last summer?

What we're these ALLEGED fees that DL was demanding?

....The only interest I recall in any of them was AC playing silly buggers over Aurier; pleading poverty whilst spending above and beyond on other players.

Where were all the Italian & French clubs trying to score Lamela and Lucas like you promised?

......But you were making those claims to me; not Levy.

I wouldn't get too hung up on the word "allegedly"...... All I'm doing is relaying reports that you'd be all over like a rash if it suited your narrative. Meanwhile, you yourself are peddling no facts here btw; just allegation.

.....Or do you have evidence that Levy priced Dav, Sissoko, Lamela, Dier et Al out of deals last summer?

The only interest I recall in any of them was AC playing silly buggers over Aurier; pleading poverty whilst spending above and beyond on other players.

Where were all the Italian & French clubs trying to score Lamela and Lucas like you promised?

I didn't promise anything.

If you want to believe that there was no chance to move our deadwood than do that I prefer to live in reality.

The evidence of Levy pricing players out of deals is in his history of transfers, again if you want to pretend like this is the case go on. I really don't care as much as you wish I did.

These reports do fit "my narrative" that we should move deadwood out. I have every reason to want to believe them but I have seen this happen in the past which is why me, and many others, are taking them with a huge grain of salt.

I didn't promise anything.

It's a turn of phrase.; stop stalling.... Literal promise or not; where's all your conviction from last summer evaporated to....?

If you want to believe that there was no chance to move our deadwood than do that I prefer to live in reality.

You're strawmaning..... I'm asking why what you insisted would happen showed no signs of materialising ?

If Levy fucked all these imaginary deals last year you shouldn't need to battle this defiantly to avoid tangibly backing up your ALLEGATIONS?

The evidence of Levy pricing players out of deals is in his history of transfers, again if you want to pretend like this is the case go on. I really don't care as much as you wish I did.

I'm harking back to specific conversations we had where you made certain claims.....

Stay on track; there's a good chap.

You retreating into generalisation doesn't cut it.

These reports do fit "my narrative" that we should move deadwood out.

Bollocks you're peddling the narrative that we can't and won't get deals done and that if not done soon we should just give anything up to 7/8 perfectly saleable assets away.

The windows been open 2 weeks! ....We've had a DOF for just one of those! ...Toddlers have more patience than this FFS!

I have every reason to want to believe them but I have seen this happen in the past which is why me, and many others, are taking them with a huge grain of salt.

It's just more tedious premature, pre-emptive bitching courtesy of the Doom Crew.....

Last edited:
It's a turn of phrase.; stop stalling.... Literal promise or not; where's all your conviction from last summer evaporated to....?

You're strawmaning..... I'm asking why what you insisted would happen showed no signs of materialising ?

If Levy fucked all these imaginary deals last year you shouldn't need to battle this defiantly to avoid tangibly backing up your ALLEGATIONS?

I'm harking back to specific conversations we had where you made certain claims.....

Stay on track; there's a good chap.

You retreating into generalisation doesn't cut it.

Bollocks you're peddling the narrative that we can't and won't get deals done and that if not done soon we should just give some perfectly saleable assets away.

The windows been open 2 weeks! ....We've had a DOF for just one of those! ...Toddlers have more patience than this FFS!

It's just more tedious premature, pre-emptive bitching courtesy of the Doom Crew.....

I'm not stalling and sorry for correcting the BS you tried to claim. My conviction has gone with another year of lies from Levy and another year of not moving deadwood that clearly needed to go for multiple transfer windows.

There will be offers for those guys, there always will be but whether Levy will accept them because of how badly he overvalues guys is different story.

Not back pedaling at all. Other teams have moved out their deadwood over the past two years why is this yet another area in which Spurs are the special ones that can't do what other teams do. 2 weeks?? These guys have needed to go for 2 years.

I have backed up everything but as usual you ignore it because of your blind loyalty to Levy.

I'm not stalling and sorry for correcting the BS you tried to claim. My conviction has gone with another year of lies from Levy and another year of not moving deadwood that clearly needed to go for multiple transfer windows.

There will be offers for those guys, there always will be but whether Levy will accept them because of how badly he overvalues guys is different story.

Not back pedaling at all. Other teams have moved out their deadwood over the past two years why is this yet another area in which Spurs are the special ones that can't do what other teams do. 2 weeks?? These guys have needed to go for 2 years.

I have backed up everything but as usual you ignore it because of your blind loyalty to Levy.

Binning what could amount to approaching 100m of players is a dumb notion whomever the chairman is.

This isn't about Levy for me.... Grow up.

You've backed nothing up you fraud..... You're peddling nothing but hollow supposition and bitterness.

1. Who showed interest in what dregs last summer...?

2. Gimme just one example of a sale that Levy wrecked with greed last summer?

....Anything tangible. Not just more sketchy "baldman is bad" chest beating.

Tick-tock.

100M

Who is giving us 100M for these guys?

And I have said that if we can sell them we should, just because you keep ignoring it and instead creating your own argument doesn't change what I actually said.

Levy fucked the Aurier deal to AC Milan. There have been reports from other chairmen, owners, managers, agents, players that he screws things up in deals. But I am sure it is just coincidence that while other teams were moving out deadwood we couldn't that had nothing to do with Levy as our DOF being a cunt.

Again why can every other club move their deadwood but we can't? Why are we always the special case that can't do what other teams do? And not just in this case but in other cases as well?

There is a reason why Levy is always brought up by actual fans of the club because he is responsible for all the bad things that happen. If he doesn't

100M

Who is giving us 100M for these guys?

Actual words used: "what could amount to approaching 100m"

We're talking 7/8 players whom could plausibly attract on average above 10m each......

Foyth's already gone for £13m.... Aurier rumored at £17m... £5m incoming from the Edwards kick-back (no doubt a clause that represented more futile time-wasting in your world).... YOU told me that we could easily get 20m for the likes of Lucas & Lamela..... + Winks, Dav, Sissoko, Dier.... let me know if I've missed anyone..... Dele?

Stop with the distraction/evasion tactics, you bore.

Levy fucked the Aurier deal to AC Milan.

Feeble effort on your part.

I already brought Aurier up myself. AC were fucking US around..... We had a perfectly reasonable asking price of 11m euro (£9m).... They were pleading poverty whilst spending bigger amounts elsewhere....

Try harder.

Therehave been reports from other chairmen, owners, managers, agents, players that he screws things up in deals.

Last summer?

Link me to 1 or 2.....

Actual words used: "what could amount to approaching 100m"

We're talking 7/8 players whom could plausibly attract on average above 10m each......

Foyth's already gone for £13m.... Aurier rumored at £17m... £5m incoming from the Edwards kick-back (no doubt a clause that represented more futile time-wasting in your world).... YOU told me that we could easily get 20m for the likes of Lucas & Lamela..... + Winks, Dav, Sissoko, Dier.... let me know if I've missed anyone..... Dele?

Stop with the distraction/evasion tactics, you bore.

Feeble effort on your part.

I already brought Aurier up myself. AC were fucking US around..... We had a perfectly reasonable asking price of 11m euro (£9m).... They were pleading poverty whilst spending bigger amounts elsewhere....

Try harder.

Last summer?

Link me to 1 or 2.....

Again there is no evasion you asked for one I brought it up. I don't need to try harder I gave you an example of a deal Levy fucked up, just because you want to blame AC doesn't change what actually happened.

I know this is the tactic of Levy apologists to expect people to ignore his past behaviour and make common sense applications to his current behaviour but when we have seen that he has fucked up deals in the past and then we are once again special cases that can't move out deadwood while others can then it is fair to ask what makes us so special? And when all arrows point to Levy there is no reason to try and bury our heads in the sand to pretend it isn't him.

I wouldn't include Foyth in the deadwood calculations he is in a different category.

As for the others, yes there is the potential to get money for them as high as 20m but whether Levy will accept it or not is another thing.

The point still remains that at the end of the summer none of them should be on our team whether by sale, contract termination, loan or them just flat out quitting.

Again there is no evasion you asked for one I brought it up.

The evasion I speak of in that instance is your side-tracking bringing my 100m comment into question despite it being (at best) secondary to the core of this exchange. You've been exercising a similar tactic throughout.

....Either you have A.D.D. or you are being purposely evasive.

I don't need to try harder I gave you an example of a deal Levy fucked up, just because you want to blame AC doesn't change what actually happened.

Just because you want to blame Levy despite the story that circulated at the time being contrary to your personal, unfounded "allegation", more like...... So yes, if you expect to be taken seriously within the context of this debate then substance (or at least links to somewhat plausible sources) IS called for.

I know this is the tactic of Levy apologists to expect people to ignore his past behaviour and make common sense applications to his current behaviour but when we have seen that he has fucked up deals in the past and then we are once again special cases that can't move out deadwood while others can then it is fair to ask what makes us so special? And when all arrows point to Levy there is no reason to try and bury our heads in the sand to pretend it isn't him.

Again, grow up.... And drop the Levy apologist bullshit.

I'm refuting your "give them away" silliness. The core this has nothing to do with who is or isn't our chairman.

I wouldn't include Foyth in the deadwood calculations he is in a different category.

Semantics.... He would have appeared on many people dregs lists.

Again, you're nit picking to avoid my perfectly reasonable original assertion made about the achievable value of such a list.

As for the others, yes there is the potential to get money for them as high as 20m but whether Levy will accept it or not is another thing.

So why waste my fucking time arguing the toss about it not being worth the effort to try and recoup that money then????

....Signs are good; but you'd rather ignore said signs. Telling.

The point still remains that at the end of the summer none of them should be on our team whether by sale, contract termination, loan or them just flat out quitting.

Well until then perhaps just spare the rest of us your pre-emptive whining on the matter.... Especially at a time when SO FAR (1 week into the tenure of our new DOF, ffs!) things look encouraging (especially considering our chairman appears to be taking a back-seat on such matters).

(p.s. Players simply don't "quit" when they're under contract.... If you were anywhere near as smart as you think you are, you'd know this.)

Getting linked to a lot of players now which is positive

Getting a new manager is OK but we shouldn't let him work with this horrible squad.
Let's support him. Hopefully Paratici can work his magic and sell quite a few players.
We need a large turnover (of players) this summer. Might be on a small budget but clever planning and deals can make something happen.
Given that Levy has apparently relinquished control to Paratici time for that guy to prove his worth and show why he is one of the best in the business.

A starting 11 of realistic signing I'd like us to try and make this summer, though obviously it wouldn't be all of them! I'd be happy with any of them as I feel they would all improve our team/squad.

Dean Henderson (Man United)

Max Aarons (Norwich City)
Ben White (Brighton)
Joachim Andersen (Lyon)
Ryan Bertrand (Free)

Sandor Burge (Sheff United)
Yves Bissouma (Brighton)
Marcel Sabitzer (RB Leipzig)

Matheus Periera (West Brom)
Dominico Berardi (Sassuolo)
Patson Daka (Red Bull Salzburg)

I'm happy with Reguilon and the returning Sessegnon for the left-back options so included Bertrand just because he's free and still decent enough as a back-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom