Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I vaguely recall the odd tweet too..... Last night was a proper turn-off though.
Alasdair Gold said we were interested in Demiral.
However, it's also been made clear that his transfer would depend on whether we could sell both Dier and Sanchez. If we're only able to sell one, then we'd only bring in Andersen.

As for RB... we are definitely selling Aurier who said he wants to leave.
We've been linked with 3 right backs: Aarons, Celik, and Emerson Royal. I think Aarons will be too expensive, Emerson Royal reports are not from reliable media sources; so I think most realistic right now is Celik.

Alasdair Gold said we were interested in Demiral.
However, it's also been made clear that his transfer would depend on whether we could sell both Dier and Sanchez. If we're only able to sell one, then we'd only bring in Andersen.

As for RB... we are definitely selling Aurier who said he wants to leave.
We've been linked with 3 right backs: Aarons, Celik, and Emerson Royal. I think Aarons will be too expensive, Emerson Royal reports are not from reliable media sources; so I think most realistic right now is Celik.

I recall links to Celik last summer (and when we sold Trippier too).

Tbh, I thought Demiral was meant to be hot shit....

Maybe they're not as bad as their team's shitty performance..... :crossed fingers:

I recall links to Celik last summer (and when we sold Trippier too).

Tbh, I thought Demiral was meant to be hot shit....

Maybe they're not as bad as their team's shitty performance..... :crossed fingers:
I didn't watch the Italy Turkey game as the tennis was on.
Did Celik and Demiral make individual errors? I saw the own goal, which was a bit unlucky for Demiral.

I didn't watch the Italy Turkey game as the tennis was on.
Did Celik and Demiral make individual errors? I saw the own goal, which was a bit unlucky for Demiral.

I didn't think the OG was terrible; a tough break... They happen.

Collectively their defense was pretty poor though and it's not like they played a high line or left too many bodies further up the field.

I thought Italy pressed well and bossed the MF, but better attacking talent would have ran riot.

The most alarming part though was Turkey were gassed after 30mins.

Last edited:
I know that it is mainly a puff piece. But I did like that Levy outright stated in his recent video interview that there are players at the club that have been told to look for new clubs.

Feels like a much more firm stance than what we usually take on selling players.
He can tell them all he wants. They can simply wave a contract back at him and say “but you gave me this”. And sit it out like Danny Rose. What business actively tells an employee to jog on ? It’s nonsense.

I don't know any of those players; but perhaps they're not for sale? ...Perhaps Jose wants to keep them? ...Perhaps they want to stay?

This place is insane! Rumored new manager hasn't even signed yet and the trauma hounds are crying he's been screwed over. Same; we had the majority calling for a DOF for a number of years.... We get one and already he's being called a stooge and a fall guy.... Let it breath and see how it plays out for fucks sake!
Right, because Levy has form for screwing people over, same deal with the DOF, he should have stuck with the structure he chose along and not keep changing it.

Welcome back btw.

Right, because Levy has form for screwing people over, same deal with the DOF, he should have stuck with the structure he chose along and not keep changing it.

I'd rather he'd never deviated from the strategy that brought us to 'the dance' too.

No sense engaging in pre-emptive criticism tho'.

Like i originally asked; are those Roma lads considered available? (Afterall, the article doesn't go into any more detail than the headline.)

Welcome back btw.

Thx - Hope you're fit and well.

I dont know, personally I think it's a bit close to home still, can't we send him to China?
hgHEWQq.jpg

I'd rather he'd never deviated from the strategy that brought us to 'the dance' too.

No sense engaging in pre-emptive criticism tho'.

Like i originally asked; are those Roma lads considered available? (Afterall, the article doesn't go into any more detail than the headline.)
Well the article says that they are unattainable and he will struggle to bring them in. Why is he under the impression that we can bring them in? I think for him to have a chance of succeeding, he will have to bring in players that he knows and trusts.
Thx - Hope you're fit and well.
Cheers I am and I hope you are too.

I know that it is mainly a puff piece. But I did like that Levy outright stated in his recent video interview that there are players at the club that have been told to look for new clubs.

Feels like a much more firm stance than what we usually take on selling players.
Not as easy as it sounds, apart from Kane and Son most of our players will be dropping down to supposedly lesser teams. I use the word supposedly as our fall from grace is obvious for all to see. So many clubs will be offering less wages, we could have several Adebayor type issues

Think we could be in massive trouble

Well the article says that they are unattainable and he will struggle to bring them in. Why is he under the impression that we can bring them in? I think for him to have a chance of succeeding, he will have to bring in players that he knows and trusts.

I'm sure Jose would be keen for Roma to sign Hugo, Son & Kane to kick off his new job too (for arguments sake, our best players), but i'd imagine that they'd struggle to make that happen too? One might say they were "unattainable" too.

It comes back to my original, fundamental question (which you are obviously keen to avoid)..... Are the 3 Roma guys actually available? Do they want to move?

You are clearly approaching the word "unattainable" with a huge dose of confirmation bias.

I'm sure Jose would be keen for Roma to sign Hugo, Son & Kane to kick off his new job too (for arguments sake, our best players), but i'd imagine that they'd struggle to make that happen too? One might say they were "unattainable" too.
If they haven't got the money, then they are unattainable yes
It comes back to my original, fundamental question (which you are obviously keen to avoid)..... Are the 3 Roma guys actually available? Do they want to move?

You are clearly approaching the word "unattainable" with a huge dose of confirmation bias.
He seems to be under the impression they are available. I don't know if they want to move. This is something that I would expect to be discovered quickly. We shouldn't waste time going after players that are unattainable.

If we have enough for one big signing, even being raised from sales, it has to be at centre back. Can't go into another season with a bunch of muppets back there. Yeah, I'd like to see a bit of turnover elsewhere but the back 4 has to be the priority. Skipp coming back means we can get rid of at least one of Sissoko and winks without needing to buy another player. Similar with Sessegnon at either wing or left back.

Who can be sold:

Hart
Aurier
Sanchez
Foyth (gone already)
Doherty
Davies
Dier
Sissoko
Winks
Dele
Lucas
Lamela

That lot all up would probably raise between 80 and 100 million. Add whatever money the club has on top of that and we're probably looking at somewhere between 130 and 150 million to properly replenish the squad. That's not really a lot to play with when you're looking at up to 2 RBs and 2 CBs, a keeper, a CM, a winger, and second striker.

If they haven't got the money, then they are unattainable yes

Much like they are if they're not for sale or the players don't want to move.

....Point is all roads don't lead to = evil chairman.

He seems to be under the impression they are available.

Article days he"d like them.... The rest is your own 'handywork'.

I don't know if they want to move.

Bullseye!!!

This is something that I would expect to be discovered quickly.

The conclusion that they are "unattainable" seems to have been reached pretty quickly to me....

We shouldn't waste time going after players that are unattainable.

Seemingly we aren't.

It could have been as little as a phonecall.....

IF there's any truth to all this anyway (I assume you've heard of lazy journalism?)....

....And this is all beside the fact that he's not even 100% our manager yet.

Seriously...... Have a word.... Why on earth are you torturing yourself like this!?!?!

Last edited:
If we have enough for one big signing, even being raised from sales, it has to be at centre back. Can't go into another season with a bunch of muppets back there. Yeah, I'd like to see a bit of turnover elsewhere but the back 4 has to be the priority. Skipp coming back means we can get rid of at least one of Sissoko and winks without needing to buy another player. Similar with Sessegnon at either wing or left back.

Who can be sold:

Hart
Aurier
Sanchez
Foyth (gone already)
Doherty
Davies
Dier
Sissoko
Winks
Dele
Lucas
Lamela

That lot all up would probably raise between 80 and 100 million. Add whatever money the club has on top of that and we're probably looking at somewhere between 130 and 150 million to properly replenish the squad. That's not really a lot to play with when you're looking at up to 2 RBs and 2 CBs, a keeper, a CM, a winger, and second striker.
A top CB would make some difference, compared to say bringing in even 2 defenders like Andersen and Milenkovic. Say bringing in a Kounde, Pau Torres, Laporte, Skriniar. Can't see it happening if I'm honest, because of both the money and having to convince the player to come.

A top CB would make some difference, compared to say bringing in even 2 defenders like Andersen and Milenkovic. Say bringing in a Kounde, Pau Torres, Laporte, Skriniar. Can't see it happening if I'm honest, because of both the money and having to convince the player to come.
I agree with your logic, but I don’t think it’s going to happen.
Realistically it’ll be Andersen, or Andersen & Demiral/ Milenkovic.
For the latter, we’d have to sell both Sanchez and Dier. How will we find 2 buyers for these liabilities?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom