Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
And then 1a for Dier, 1a, for Sanchez, 1a for Aurier, 1a Lamela, 1a Moura, 1a Hart
Aurier to PSG is almost done, isn't it?

We've also had links for Lamela and Lucas. Hart is whatever, he needs to be far away from the first team but his contract is nothing.

A few weak Winks and Dier links, only one I haven't see anything around is Sanchez.

And it appears as though Fonseca has strong faith in the players he previously worked with.

According to La Repubblica, Fonseca has three players in mind at Roma who he wants to try and sign at Tottenham.

It is claimed that Gonzalo Villar, Gianluca Mancini and Roma captain Lorenzo Pellegrini are all on his wishlist.

But all three Roma stars are said to be 'unattainable goals', suggesting Fonseca will struggle to bring them in.

And so it starts, poor bastard hasn't even started the job yet and his arm has been chopped off already.

And it appears as though Fonseca has strong faith in the players he previously worked with.

According to La Repubblica, Fonseca has three players in mind at Roma who he wants to try and sign at Tottenham.

It is claimed that Gonzalo Villar, Gianluca Mancini and Roma captain Lorenzo Pellegrini are all on his wishlist.

But all three Roma stars are said to be 'unattainable goals', suggesting Fonseca will struggle to bring them in.

And so it starts, poor bastard hasn't even started the job yet and his arm has been chopped off already.
How long before we get the bullshit , money was available but Fonzie didn’t want to spend it ,or, Fonzie turned down every player he was offered, he wanted an unrealistic target or nobody

Aurier to PSG is almost done, isn't it?

We've also had links for Lamela and Lucas. Hart is whatever, he needs to be far away from the first team but his contract is nothing.

A few weak Winks and Dier links, only one I haven't see anything around is Sanchez.

I never trust these links with our crap until they are 100% complete and even then I am scared that something will happen to screw it up. I have been burned to many times in the past thinking they could be gone.

But yes there are some promising links to some of the deadwood being sold.

Hart is wahtever, but should be 3rd string at best. Goaltending isn't a major issue but Hugo is aging and a poor fit for Fonseca. If Lloris is hurt Hart cannot play in the PL, even in a one off game he isn't good enough and we are truly screwed if Hugo is out long term.

I know Winks frustrates many here but Sissoko is my absolute #1 must get rid of.
I know what you mean. Winks is just plain bad to average, but it feels like getting rid of Sissoko creates a bigger shift in the squad as a whole. We were more reliant on him than Winks and the longer he is in the team it feels like we are delaying any ability to evolve.

How long before we get the bullshit , money was available but Fonzie didn’t want to spend it ,or, Fonzie turned down every player he was offered, he wanted an unrealistic target or nobody
It’s inevitable but I think the two things that are clear is that we aren’t buying without selling, and we aren’t going after any bigger names. Fonseca seems to have been comfortable with little to no spending and youth players, and Paratici has some background with low cost, higher impact transfers.

Nobody should be expecting a series of big name, expensive transfers. We will be targeting diamonds in the rough. Maybe one bigger name at a value price.

It’s inevitable but I think the two things that are clear is that we aren’t buying without selling, and we aren’t going after any bigger names. Fonseca seems to have been comfortable with little to no spending and youth players, and Paratici has some background with low cost, higher impact transfers.

Nobody should be expecting a series of big name, expensive transfers. We will be targeting diamonds in the rough. Maybe one bigger name at a value price.
We were never going to sign Conte or get Poch back, didn’t stop them pretending they really tried . They are arsewiping bad

I know what you mean. Winks is just plain bad to average, but it feels like getting rid of Sissoko creates a bigger shift in the squad as a whole. We were more reliant on him than Winks and the longer he is in the team it feels like we are delaying any ability to evolve.
It's also that at least Winks can pass a ball sideways or backwards. Sissoko is incapable of doing even that.

Deadwoods in tiers

Tier 1 - Winks, Sissoko, Hart

Tier 2 - Aurier, Dier, Sanchez, Davies, Doherty, Gazzaniga

Tier 3 - Lamela, Lucas, Dele

Tier 4 - Bergwijn, Rodon, Tanganga, Aldeweireld

Tier 5 - Lloris, Ndombele, LoCelso, Reguilon, Højbjerg

Tier 6 - Kane, Son

Deadwoods in tiers

Tier 6 - Kane, Son

Really solid rankings there.

Only thing I would say is if Ndombele asks to go or seems like he wants to leave I would drop him a tier or two because we have seen that has no problem sulking and I don't think we can keep him for another season where he is not motivated, especially if we can get a good offer for him.

Deadwoods in tiers

Tier 6 - Kane, Son
imo
Dier should be in Tier 1 and Lucas definitely doesn't deserve to be in Tier 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom