Dinamo Zagreb Vs Tottenham, Thurs 18th March 5:55pm KO - Live on BT Sport.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

:levyeyes:

If the aggregate score is level after both legs, the away goals rule is applied. This means that the club that scores more goals away from home over the two legs qualifies for the next round. If away goals are also equal, then extra time (an additional 30 minutes) is played.

The away goals rule is again used as a tiebreaker after extra time. If there are goals scored during extra time and the aggregate score is still level, the visiting team advances by virtue of more away goals scored.

If no goals are scored during extra time, the winners are decided by a penalty shootout. The team that scores more penalties from five attempts each wins. If the two teams are still tied after five attempts, they continue to alternate until one team scores their penalty and the other does not.

If the aggregate score is level after both legs, the away goals rule is applied. This means that the club that scores more goals away from home over the two legs qualifies for the next round. If away goals are also equal, then extra time (an additional 30 minutes) is played.

The away goals rule is again used as a tiebreaker after extra time. If there are goals scored during extra time and the aggregate score is still level, the visiting team advances by virtue of more away goals scored.

If no goals are scored during extra time, the winners are decided by a penalty shootout. The team that scores more penalties from five attempts each wins. If the two teams are still tied after five attempts, they continue to alternate until one team scores their penalty and the other does not.
In a nutshell, if we score one goal they have to score 4 to win.

Here's the team from the home leg:

LLORIS Hugo
AURIER Serge
SANCHEZ Davinson
DIER Eric
DAVIES Ben
NDOMBELE Tanguy
SISSOKO Moussa
ALLI Dele
LAMELA Erik
SON Heung-min
KANE Harry

Winks for Ndombele is my guess.
Lucas for Son seems logical but IMO he won't start. Kane unlikely to start so Vinicius and Bergwijn.
Otherwise the same starters.
Really, really hope GLC can get some minutes.
With Son out (?) maybe Scarlett gets a bench slot?

Wn really need to start this game on the front foot.

Staying back and inviting pressure should not be an option

Zagreb are a better side than they showed in the first leg.

Underestimate them and we find ourselves in trouble.

This is not going to be easy. With only 2 matches before International break we need to make sure we do not go out and some selections are now easy. Son, Rodon and Holjberg out and as Lamela out for Villa game, he plays. It would be good if we can get Lo Celso playing if only for last 30 mins.
I await Team News before naming my full team.

They looked like they had no chance to score against us at all last game, so the 2-0 advantage should be enough already. But that also makes team selection difficult because while we should rest a bunch of guys it also means that the only chance they have is errors from us and the second choice guys are full of those.

I think we go with a "weak" team and have the top guys ready to come on if needed.

Lloris
Aurier-Tanganga-Dier-Davies
Sissoko-WInks
Lamela-Dele-Bergwijn
Vinicius​

I don't know if Lamela is out due to his red card but if he is I guess we put in Lucas there instead.

I think that line-up is stronger than what Zagreb has as their first choice and with the 2-0 lead that should be enough. Play a boring, boring football game and walk away with a 0-0 result, 2-0 overall.

It sucks that we can't use Hart to give Lloris a rest, but last game Lloris could have set up a bed and had a nap and it wouldn't have changed the result at all.

Wn really need to start this game on the front foot.

Staying back and inviting pressure should not be an option

Zagreb are a better side than they showed in the first leg.

Underestimate them and we find ourselves in trouble.
Exactly. If we score first, they have a mountain to climb.

If they score first, we (and our gutless manager) could well fill our trunks.

Back
Top Bottom