In search of Mourinho's successor.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think it could be a lot worse. If I were a player, I’d be thinking the guy in charge has a better chance of pulling us out of this, than a glorified PE teacher like Eddie Howe would.

And if we do make the change and get in anyone that is a lesser manager in my mind and that in turn leads to an uplift in performance, I’d have some serious questions for the players.

The guy in charge has shown absolutely nothing to indicate he can pull this out at all.

A glorified PE teacher would be a massive upgrade on the useless cunt we currently have.

I'd offer the job to Ryland if it got rid of Jose one day sooner.... Lets take a big chance and give it to Potter.
We need a manager who commands the respect of big players and can manage big ego's.

I don't see Potter being that man. He's achieved nothing of note as a player or a manager.
And he definitely wouldn't be a magnet for the top players a club of our stature should be attracting.

If it's an up and coming manager we're looking for, Stephen Gerrard would be a better bet.

A top player the likes of Kane and Tanguy would respect for his playing career. And a cunt to go with it.

Last edited:
We need a manager who commands the respect of big players and can manage big ego's.

I don't see Potter being that man. He's achieved nothing of note as a player or a manager.
And he definitely wouldn't be a magnet for the top players a club of our stature should be attracting.

If it's an up and coming manager we're looking for, Stephen Gerrard would be a better bet.

A top player the likes of Kane and Tanguy would respect for his playing career. And a cunt to go with it.

If the players are that dumb then get rid of them.

Who cares if the manager is a big name or had a great career as a player?

The only thing that should matter is if they can improve the results on the field not how big a name they are.

The only thing that should matter is if they can improve the results on the field not how big a name they are.
Managers who command the respect of their players will probably get better results than those who don't.
You may not like how the game has evolved, but simply saying get rid of the big ego's is not gonna be the answer.

Potter has done absolutely nothing in the game to suggest he's the right man for one of the biggest clubs in the country.

We have players like Son and Kane who aren’t going to wait forever to win trophies here. I think if we sack Mourinho, we have to hire a high profile manager and by that I don’t mean a winner dinosaur like Mourinho, but someone who proved they can do it at the top, who knows how to coach a team and has a good grasp of the tactical aspect of the game.
Someone like Potter won’t convince Son or Kane to try for one more season to win trophies at Spurs.

Managers who command the respect of their players will probably get better results than those who don't.
You may not like how the game has evolved, but simply saying get rid of the big ego's is not gonna be the answer.

Potter has done absolutely nothing in the game to suggest he's the right man for one of the biggest clubs in the country.

Potter is not my first choice but I would take him over a “respected” manager with no clue on what works in the modern game.

At least with him he is willing to play the style that works and would be more willing to adapt to what the players are best suited for rather than forcing his style because it worked in 1915.

Like mentioned in the previous posts, if we sack Jose (which I don't think will happen at this moment), it is a real struggle trying to think of a manager who would be a higher profile manager than Jose who's available and would be able to command the instant respect of the players.

Managers like Graeme Potter are good in their own right, but imo wouldn't be the correct appointment for what we need.

We seem to have got ourselves in a real awkward position. I think we are an attractive proposition for a manager (hence Jose taking the job on) but the ones people seem to fancy i.e. Nagalsman seem to have their sights on higher profile jobs. It's a clusterfuck of a situation.

Like mentioned in the previous posts, if we sack Jose (which I don't think will happen at this moment), it is a real struggle trying to think of a manager who would be a higher profile manager than Jose who's available and would be able to command the instant respect of the players.

Managers like Graeme Potter are good in their own right, but imo wouldn't be the correct appointment for what we need.

We seem to have got ourselves in a real awkward position. I think we are an attractive proposition for a manager (hence Jose taking the job on) but the ones people seem to fancy i.e. Nagalsman seem to have their sights on higher profile jobs. It's a clusterfuck of a situation.
Maximiliano Allegri is free and he would certainly demand that respect.

Hell, he schooled half of our squad just a few years ago.

Back
Top Bottom