In search of Mourinho's successor.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He wouldn't be my first choice either but i'd take him ahead of Jose all day long. One thing you can say is he has generally improved every team he's been in charge of. I have no doubt he'd have got us nearer the top 4 this season than Jose will.
That’s what I mean there‘s just something abut him bit like Benetiz can do a job but well just something.......yes both would improve us but fuck me that wouldn’t be difficult Bungle from rainbow could do that! (Google it kids).....your English/British options are so, so Houghton done bits & pieces could he take us up a level? Parker again untried at the top level but has to start somewhere and there’s no doubt he’s passionate then Eddie Howe has managed at the higher end and would be cheap.......

Last edited:
STOP SUGGESTING HARRY REDKNAPP!

If we are going to get rid of Jose we could at least have it as a criteria that the replacement, even if interim is a decent human being.

Harry "lets buy a homeless shelter and turn it into luxury condos" Redknapp is not that.

Not to mention that appointing Harry would be seen as negative levels of ambition and make all our major players request an exit.

All I see is people want the best.

Then there’s mentions of Redknapp, Hughton and Howe.

Where’s that sturdy rope and wobbly chair? I may have use for them.

I agree they are all terrible solutions really but its short term. Is anything worse than what we're currently seeing? Generally i've been ok with him staying until the end of the season as long as he goes then but no one should survive for the sake of it if losing every week bar the odd game against West Brom and Sheff Utd. Someone put it best eleswhere, its like having a rotten tooth, some days it might ache less than others but it isn't going to get better and the bastard needs to come out. No perfect solution now until the end of the season but we need to start the healing process and that begins with his sacking. I think his post match comments prove he is in self preservation mode now and seemed both arrogant and delusional.

Rodgers is like Jose ?? What kind of high grade stuff are you smoking ?
I mean, Rodgers started out as Jose's youth coach at Chelsea after having spent some time travelling around Spain to study various coaching styles. There is definitely an argument to be made that Jose has had at least some influence on Rodgers, even if he isn't a major one.

Redknapp’s time is gone. Houghton is not viable, but actually should be. Howe I agree is a “give up” choice. Potter from Brighton would be more credible. And he’s boring too.

I agree they are all terrible solutions really but its short term. Is anything worse than what we're currently seeing? Generally i've been ok with him staying until the end of the season as long as he goes then but no one should survive for the sake of it if losing every week bar the odd game against West Brom and Sheff Utd. Someone put it best eleswhere, its like having a rotten tooth, some days it might ache less than others but it isn't going to get better and the bastard needs to come out. No perfect solution now until the end of the season but we need to start the healing process and that begins with his sacking. I think his post match comments prove he is in self preservation mode now and seemed both arrogant and delusional.
I think it could be a lot worse. If I were a player, I’d be thinking the guy in charge has a better chance of pulling us out of this, than a glorified PE teacher like Eddie Howe would.

And if we do make the change and get in anyone that is a lesser manager in my mind and that in turn leads to an uplift in performance, I’d have some serious questions for the players.

Redknapp’s time is gone. Houghton is not viable, but actually should be. Howe I agree is a “give up” choice. Potter from Brighton would be more credible. And he’s boring too.
Potter would lead me to self harm instead of getting the rope out, but I still think he’d be a disaster. And certainly no better than Jose.

But, I’m willing to be proved wrong. About any of them. If any of these being mentioned get the chance to come in and are successful, I’ll eat many helpings of humble pie.

Whilst, as I said in my previous post, questioning why the players have suddenly got less shit.

Genuine question to you all here. If you take out the fact you still feel aggrieved about letting Poch go, why don’t you like Jose? Seems utterly childish from where I sit, but wanted to hear all the genuine reasons.
1) A outdated style of play. It's not that he's defensive, but he's completely reliant on the individual brilliance of his attackers whilst hanging on for dear life. It's been solved at the top end.

2) Massive ego. If we win it's a Jose masterclass. if we lose Jose doesn't have the players.

3) Outdated man management. What was seen as tough love is now just being a mean spirited bully to the new generation.

4) His weirdo hanger ons who follow him from club to club.

5) Splits the fanbase. We're literally in a civil war

6) reliance on older more functional players at the expense of developing younger players

More where that came from....

Can you imagine the “plan” when the waste of Skin in a suit (Hitchins) and Levy come together in May ?

SH “Boss, I hate the summer transfer window”

DL “blah blah fucking blah. Just Loans Stevie”

SH “fancy a coffee boss?”

DL “blah blah blah blah fuckerty Blah. not too expensive loans Stevie. Someone from Portugal’s B league maybe”

SH “might go on holiday to Skeggy boss, get me some totty down the arcades”

DL “blah blah blah blah. We don’t want to do a Leeds Stevie”

SH “how come I look like I have burnt myself on a sun bed, when I don’t own a sun bed? ”

DL “blah blah blah. Skywalk, blah blah covid, blah blah elite clubs leave it till 31 August Stevie”

SH “Barcelona and Man City are on the dog boss, they have offered a nice loan deal for Son and Mica Richards for Harry Kane”

DL “blah blah blah. Sell sell sell, check with Eddie Howe to see if he wants Josh King on loan”

You know Sherwood at least allowed the attacking players room to play, we had some very fun games. He behaved like a dick though, right now his football would be 10X better than Jose though.
I know you are joking , but I always felt it was like being managed by Nigel Farage under Sherwood, just how I saw it

Back
Top Bottom