In search of Mourinho's successor.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tomorrow would be a really good time wouldn't it? Four games in a row that we should win. Great for a new caretaker manager to get in the stride before the Woolwich game.
If only. We can't afford to pay our BoE loan let alone shell for Jose's severance.

Oh Sarri is definitely a bit of a knob. His story is heart warming with him starting late as a coach and working his way up but he definitely comes off as caustic.

I guess Favre is available as well for now.
Nah, Favre is not going to hack it here. I liked him at Gladbach but he’s a counter-attacking manager aswell.
I think we’re stuck with the dinosaur. We can forget about this season. Hopefully Levy pulls the trigger and we sack Mourinho in the summer and we try hard to get Ten Haag or Nagelsmann.

Nah, Favre is not going to hack it here. I liked him at Gladbach but he’s a counter-attacking manager aswell.
I think we’re stuck with the dinosaur. We can forget about this season. Hopefully Levy pulls the trigger and parts way in the summer and we do our best to get Ten Haag or Nagelsmann.
I would prefer Ten Haag out of those two. I am not as high on Nagelsmann as others seem to be. He is very hyped up but he seems to struggle with building a strong defence. I watch a fair bit of Leipzig since a local guy from where I grew up plays for them and his defences always look shaky.

My dream name is still Allegri.

I think we’re stuck with the dinosaur. We can forget about this season. Hopefully Levy pulls the trigger and we sack Mourinho in the summer and we try hard to get Ten Haag or Nagelsmann.
Ten Haag for me as the high risk option.
Rodgers as the low.

I would imagine that the secretarial pool is being inundated with job applications as we speak.

I would prefer Ten Haag out of those two. I am not high on Nagelsmann at all. He is very hyped up but he seems to struggle with building a strong defence.

My dream name is still Allegri.
Ten Haag tops my list as he seems to get the most out of fringe players (Haller, Tadic), he works/worked with young players and brought them through and he’s also won leagues (Eredivisie is pants but still) and has European experience with Ajax. And maybe most importantly for some fans, plays attacking football.

I personally think Allegri is washed up like the Portuguese Pulis, but I can see why you’d want him.

Don’t think we can hire a defensive manager for two reasons

1 we have a brilliant attacking squad and to maximise we need a attacking coach.

2 Graham, AVB, Jose. Every time we have hired a defensive manager it has gone to shit. The fans hate it because we love attacking football, we ain’t Chelsea fans and thus any manager would have the fans on their back if the stadium was open.

Ten Haag tops my list as he seems to get the most out of fringe players (Haller, Tadic), he works/worked with young players and brought them through and he’s also won leagues (Eredivisie is pants but still) and has European experience with Ajax.

I personally think Allegri is washed up like the Portuguese Pulis, but I can see why you’d want him.
I think my main criteria for what I want is a capable tactician. Someone that can adapt to a changing game quickly. With Nagelsmann I get a bit of the same vibes that I got from Poch. If he nails the tactic going into the game it goes well for the most part. But he struggles with adapting when it doesn't. Like with Poch I think it is something that he will grow into with time tho.

I also want someone that can sort out and build up our defence. So that we can unleash the attacking potential that we already have. Without a strong defence it doesn't matter how "fun" attacking football that we play in my opinion. I want attacking ball and a strong a defence.

Ten Haag tops my list as he seems to get the most out of fringe players (Haller, Tadic), he works/worked with young players and brought them through and he’s also won leagues (Eredivisie is pants but still) and has European experience with Ajax. And maybe most importantly for some fans, plays attacking football.

Not saying that Ten Haag is without merit, but how many fu**ing times have we been down that road in recent times.

Gross
Santini
AVB
Ramos

Successor should have PL experience in my view.

Rodgers is like Jose ?? What kind of high grade stuff are you smoking ?
Totally agree! Rodgers is now way sane as Jose complete opposite. Benitez is more jose and don’t want him anywhere near. Harry for the rest of the season I think is better than any other option. I’m sure the players would love playing for him and he’d get the respect of most of the squad especially bale. I’m sure we’d get a very different time out of bake with harry. Like him or not he would get us on the front foot and play at a much better pace both defensively and offensively.

Don’t think we can hire a defensive manager for two reasons

1 we have a brilliant attacking squad and to maximise we need a attacking coach.

2 Graham, AVB, Jose. Every time we have hired a defensive manager it has gone to shit. The fans hate it because we love attacking football, we ain’t Chelsea fans and thus any manager would have the fans on their back if the stadium was open.
:ossie:

I can't believe I keep reading Eddie Howe on here. Maybe he would have been a good follow up to the redknapp sacking but at this stage, it's not the way to go.

I think Howe is mainly brought up as a caretaker manager because he is currently out of work.

I would like it if there was a guarantee it was only until the end of the season but doubt he would be interested in that.

Totally agree! Rodgers is now way sane as Jose complete opposite. Benitez is more jose and don’t want him anywhere near. Harry for the rest of the season I think is better than any other option. I’m sure the players would love playing for him and he’d get the respect of most of the squad especially bale. I’m sure we’d get a very different time out of bake with harry. Like him or not he would get us on the front foot and play at a much better pace both defensively and offensively.
It's utterly ridiculous and will never happen, but NOSTALGIA!

I would actually not cancel my Sky Sports subscriptions if Harry was in charge. Just imagine.

And I mean it.

This is an appointment Levy had hoped he would not have had to consider.

There will be and is much talk already about Pochettino having been let down, shafted or whatever. I think some of that is right, especially in that nonsense of no transfers the season before last.

In saying that Pochettino was then backed to a large degree this summer and we have been shambolic.

Hence the early call to Mourinho, first to steady and give us some discipline and pride (here comes the rollercoaster) and then to see what he can do as he approaches his 60th year.

Beyond that and remember the man Mourinho is he will move on. This is 2/3 years maximum.

So Levy's biggest job is actually identifying who comes next and what he has bought himself is time in which to do that.

From Pochettino it had to be a proven winner. The next appointment will cast a wider net.
Lets just be honest. Current owners could care less other that money

Back
Top Bottom