West Ham Vs Tottenham Hotspur - Sun 21st Feb, 12noon KO - Live on Sky.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

really??? you think it wouldnt make much of a difference

Nope not with the managers and the way they approach the game.

Pep has shown he can protect weak CBs by dominating possession.

Jose has shown he will expose defended to countless attacks by giving the ball away and praying. Dias/Laporte are not enough to withstand the pressure Jose invites.

I'm not saying fans are at all responsible for what is going on right now. I'm not blaming the fans for these performances at all.

What I am saying is that a segment of the fanbase should look in the mirror about how they've chosen to support the club since Jose came in. Again, Windy and Nathan from the Extra Inch are the first two that come to mind. I only mention them because they have a somewhat large platform.
Nathan and Windy are not wrong. and I was in agreement. he was never the right fit for Spurs ever.

I can't really say our last 30 minutes were ineffective, slow, or piss poor. I think if that match goes another 10 minutes we equalize and maybe even win. We looked quite dangerous.

I agree, we looked better against a very average west ham team, but that is still not the standard we should be reaching for. It was still very slow football reliant on individual expression. There is very little design to our attack and it shows.

I can't really say our last 30 minutes were ineffective, slow, or piss poor. I think if that match goes another 10 minutes we equalize and maybe even win. We looked quite dangerous.

If, if, if, maybe, maybe

Aren’t you tired of trying to find good in hypotheticals rather than what is actually happening on the field?

I agree, we looked better against a very average west ham team, but that is still not the standard we should be reaching for. It was still very slow football reliant on individual expression. There is very little design to our attack and it shows.
Can't really call them average when they're 4th 2/3rds of the way into the season.

We were 1st in the table a couple months ago and a segment of the fanbase was still being critical. Obviously things are not good right now and I've said I wanted him to go.

I just find it extremely hypocritical for some to say Jose is the divisive one when the moment he joined the club, they were the ones who refused to give him a chance and were creating a division in the fanbase.
They're the minority tho. Also there's the ones who refuse to see any bad in what he doing. Its us in the middle who he has now lost

If, if, if, maybe, maybe

Aren’t you tired of trying to find good in hypotheticals rather than what is actually happening on the field?
I'm just giving what I think is an honest assessment of our performance. I thought we attacked fairly well overall and then in the last 30 minutes we were quite dangerous.

Was it a great performance? No. Did we deserve to win? Probably not. Was it our worst game of football ever? Certainly not.

The point of these threads is to discuss the game no? Not endless cry about the manager and slag off every one of our players.

Why are fans criticising jose so much? To be fair he did load vans of food at stadium during 1st lockdown. Thats the only good thing hes done at our club. Joking aside please sack him levy or put him on gardening leave until end of season then pay him off.

Nathan and Windy are not wrong. and I was in agreement. he was never the right fit for Spurs ever.
I'm not saying hiring Jose has been shown to be the right decision, it looks more and more like the wrong one.

What I am saying is they were wrong to be insanely negative from the very start and they were wrong to never give him a chance.

They have said they go into games now hoping we lose so he might get sacked. I know there is no "right" way to support your club, but I find wanting your team to lose to be pretty poor.

I'm not saying hiring Jose has been shown to be the right decision, it looks more and more like the wrong one.

What I am saying is they were wrong to be insanely negative from the very start and they were wrong to never give him a chance.

They have said they go into games now hoping we lose so he might get sacked. I know there is no "right" way to support your club, but I find wanting your team to lose to be pretty poor.
Did Windy say he wanted us to lose games?
There is nothing wrong with fans having their own opinions and voicing those opinions. Windy was right in this case, as were many others. Not me, as I was very positive about Jose. I didn't notice any negativity from the fans in the ground towards Jose.

Nope not with the managers and the way they approach the game.

Pep has shown he can protect weak CBs by dominating possession.

Jose has shown he will expose defended to countless attacks by giving the ball away and praying. Dias/Laporte are not enough to withstand the pressure Jose invites.
so you think by replacing two utter donkeys with two CB's who can actually play football wouldnt make a difference?

yes jose has got a lot wrong, but theres no system that works with the defenders we have. they cant defend or play football. CB's have to have some quality with the ball at their feet as they are constantly on the ball these days with the whole game in front of them, stick two donkeys out there and no wonder the footballs shit! because they dont have the class to set things off from the back! poor decisions, poor weight of pass, poor first touch...sort that out and things will look a hell of a lot brighter...and yes jose is to blame for that as hes had long enough to sort that problem out! we havent looked good since prime toby and jan..two CB's who could actually use the ball!

If West Ham were average what does that say about us .we should sell Kane and son and watch Jose work his magic with his own team

Did Windy say he wanted us to lose games?
There is nothing wrong with fans having their own opinions and voicing those opinions. Windy was right in this case, as were many others. Not me, as I was very positive about Jose. I didn't notice any negativity from the fans in the ground towards Jose.
Both he and Nathan said they went into the West Brom match hoping we would lose.

They did say once the match started they wanted us to win, but after we did win, they went back to wishing we had lost.

Back
Top Bottom