West Ham Vs Tottenham Hotspur - Sun 21st Feb, 12noon KO - Live on Sky.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What a weird match because aside from their two goals I thought we played pretty well, especially for the last 30 minutes.

It's astounding a foul was not called prior to their first goal, Reggie was run over. No call. The ref in general had a shocker in the first half, disgraceful from him. Obviously the second goal we allowed was a clown show. We just cannot seem to stop ourselves from committing those handful of moments of madness.

I think a loss is a very harsh result for us given our performance but that's football.

It's unfortunate that Son was so wasteful. He is probably suffering from the insane number of minutes he's racked up.

Dele man, what happened to this guy? Absolutely toilet when he came on.

"What a weird match because aside from their two goals I thought we played pretty well, especially for the last 30 minutes"

Playing well for thirty minutes is the exact reason we ship goals for fun and are mid-table.

Last edited:
"What a weird match because aside from their two goals I thought we played pretty well, especially for the last 30 minutes"

Playin well for thirty minutes is the exact reason we ship goals for fun and are mid-table.
I meant it in the sense that we weren't diabolical like we have been in some of our recent matches like against City or Brighton.

Sort of agree but may be give Lloris a jolt and drop him for hart or whoever else is backup. Not many games to manage. Could always swap in gio for bale or Lucas if required but stick to a proper first 11 and the others have to fight for their place and the ones in the first 11 know they need to perform to stay in. Max 2/3 games shit and your out including Kane and son. Sometimes we look far more dangerous when Kane is out but still have him playing than anyone9
As jose seems to be obsessed with trust perhaps a change of career is needed like work in a bank or something. Plenty of money there as well and can reminisce about chelsea. Just want him out.

I think you could only do that with our players if the front players and midfielders press like madmen without the ball, and if we had midfielders much more comfortable in possession than most of ours are when we have it. A high line with our centre-backs could be a real disaster otherwise.

Moving the defence 15m in front of the bloody penalty spot is hardly a "high line" though, is it ...?

:pochshock2:

Some players are lazy fucking losers, but seriosly: Mourinho has really lost it. Clueless and no adaptation to 2021.

With the chances created we should have won this game comfortably, but we are absolutely horrific at the back with Dier and Sanchez yet again absolutely terrible. Bale was the best player on the pitch 2nd half and needs to really be given the chance to start much more. We have arguably 4 of the best attacking players in the league in Kane, Son, Ndombele and Bale but our 2 centre backs are lower Championship quality, you cannot expect to win Premier League games with Sanchez and Dier at the back. Jose was meant to at the very least sort out our defensive frailties but actually he has made them worse. I have no idea why he continues with this pair of clowns when Toby and Rodon would be much more reliable at least

With the chances created we should have won this game comfortably, but we are absolutely horrific at the back with Dier and Sanchez yet again absolutely terrible. Bale was the best player on the pitch 2nd half and needs to really be given the chance to start much more. We have arguably 4 of the best attacking players in the league in Kane, Son, Ndombele and Bale but our 2 centre backs are lower Championship quality, you cannot expect to win Premier League games with Sanchez and Dier at the back. Jose was meant to at the very least sort out our defensive frailties but actually he has made them worse. I have no idea why he continues with this pair of clowns when Toby and Rodon would be much more reliable at least
Maybe give Toby and Davies a go together at centre-back. Left foot/right foot combination and neither of them panics.

Were so shit and still above the woolwich. With a game in hand. Laughable really. Theyre still trying to convince themselves.

A six Pointer of absolute shite against them in March. Wonder when the last time was so little actually mattered about that game in terms of league position for at least one of us.

Battle for the new crappier Europe league place.

Not a single penalty given away today. We're moving in the right direction
They were shit decisions. Can't think of one that was a pen. But yes there was a another scandalous decision resulting in a goal against us today. The foul on Regie was a joke. Not given by the ref or var.

Just a thought, maybe if we'd played Bale, Kane and Son most of the season and attacked we'd be quite a good team. Who'd have thought that?
200.webp

Back
Top Bottom