West Ham Vs Tottenham Hotspur - Sun 21st Feb, 12noon KO - Live on Sky.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What a weird match because aside from their two goals I thought we played pretty well, especially for the last 30 minutes.

It's astounding a foul was not called prior to their first goal, Reggie was run over. No call. The ref in general had a shocker in the first half, disgraceful from him. Obviously the second goal we allowed was a clown show. We just cannot seem to stop ourselves from committing those handful of moments of madness.

I think a loss is a very harsh result for us given our performance but that's football.

It's unfortunate that Son was so wasteful. He is probably suffering from the insane number of minutes he's racked up.

Dele man, what happened to this guy? Absolutely toilet when he came on.

We need Jose and his toxicity out asap. He's created the feel amongst the team and supporters and he can go now.
Some of our supporters have been just as toxic, wanting him out and not supporting him since the moment he was hired.

I agree it's time for him to go, but some supporters need to have a look in the mirror.

That's what is so bad about the whole thing. Ok the attack is misfiring but defence is what he is known for and our defenders have gotten worse.
I have to ask what's happening with Ledley here? I love the guy - best defender I've seen in a Spurs shirt - but something is not working in training.

Some of our supporters have been just as toxic, wanting him out and not supporting him since the moment he was hired.

I agree it's time for him to go, but some supporters need to have a look in the mirror.
Looooooool

We hate him, his shit style of play, his massive ego and, I will not blindly support every decision the club makes, because I love Spurs, not Jose Mourinho.

If I believe that he is bad for Spurs I will not hold my tongue. The longer he remains as Spurs manager the more I want to distance myself from the club for my own mental health.

I fully understand just how Man Utd ended up with Solskjaer now. It's literally ANYBODY (including yourself) will do.

Just get him out.

Just get him OUT!

Oh yeah I agree...but he hasn't really done anything to persuade us to support him...

Oh yeah I agree...but he hasn't really done anything to persuade us to support him...
We were 1st in the table a couple months ago and a segment of the fanbase was still being critical. Obviously things are not good right now and I've said I wanted him to go.

I just find it extremely hypocritical for some to say Jose is the divisive one when the moment he joined the club, they were the ones who refused to give him a chance and were creating a division in the fanbase.

In terms of the game itself, I didn't think it was a terrible game to watch. What I will say is, the players are very much going through the motions and we look as if we're struggling with an identity. In recent weeks we're not a defensive team, but I wouldn't say we're at attacking team. We just seem to be sat on the fence. The second half we created a lot more chances. I thought Bale did well when he come on, looked good with the ball and created some chances. The reality of the situation is, our form is shit. We beat the crap teams to paper over the cracks and when we play a decent team there doesn't seem to be any sort of game-plan. Very frustrating.
Completely agree.

Think we've stepped up a level from the abysmal performances of a weeks ago but we just don't look like a team still. Pretty gutless the way we just turn up and get turned over week after week in exactly the same manner. Nobody even looks faintly embarrassed at our recent record. Fans in the stadium would definitely make a difference, at the moment I find it difficult to get excited watching us, win or lose in all honesty.

Fans were ok in the ground first few months, i think 99% were prepared to give him a chance. We haven't been allowed in the stadium for the last 11 months, he's had no booing, no grief so not sure how we can be held responsible. Its on him.

I was one of those who thought to give Jose a chance, even though he wouldn't have been my own choice. But do you seriously think those fans have any impact at the moment? With empty stadiums the fan voice is quieter than ever, there would be huge unrest in the crowd given our current form.

What a weird match because aside from their two goals I thought we played pretty well, especially for the last 30 minutes.

It's astounding a foul was not called prior to their first goal, Reggie was run over. No call. The ref in general had a shocker in the first half, disgraceful from him. Obviously the second goal we allowed was a clown show. We just cannot seem to stop ourselves from committing those handful of moments of madness.

I think a loss is a very harsh result for us given our performance but that's football.

It's unfortunate that Son was so wasteful. He is probably suffering from the insane number of minutes he's racked up.

Dele man, what happened to this guy? Absolutely toilet when he came on.

I think most people that have said similar are just happy to see us have the ball and thus say "we didn't play all that bad". Yeah, we had more possession, but it was slow and ineffective possession for 90 minutes. No movement. No runs off the ball. No triangles formed and no one touch football.

Yes, Bale was better than Lamela and the second half was more "threatening", but it wasn't a sign of things to come because it was still piss poor in many respects.

Fans were ok in the ground first few months, i think 99% were prepared to give him a chance. We haven't been allowed in the stadium for the last 11 months, he's had no booing, no grief so not sure how we can be held responsible. Its on him.
I was one of those who thought to give Jose a chance, even though he wouldn't have been my own choice. But do you seriously think those fans have any impact at the moment? With empty stadiums the fan voice is quieter than ever, there would be huge unrest in the crowd given our current form.
I'm not saying fans are at all responsible for what is going on right now. I'm not blaming the fans for these performances at all.

What I am saying is that a segment of the fanbase should look in the mirror about how they've chosen to support the club since Jose came in. Again, Windy and Nathan from the Extra Inch are the first two that come to mind. I only mention them because they have a somewhat large platform.

I think most people that have said similar are just happy to see us have the ball and thus say "we didn't play all that bad". Yeah, we had more possession, but it was slow and ineffective possession for 90 minutes. No movement. No runs off the ball. No triangles formed and no one touch football.

Yes, Bale was better than Lamela and the second half was more "threatening", but it wasn't a sign of things to come because it was still piss poor in many respects.
I can't really say our last 30 minutes were ineffective, slow, or piss poor. I think if that match goes another 10 minutes we equalize and maybe even win. We looked quite dangerous.

Back
Top Bottom