West Ham Vs Tottenham Hotspur - Sun 21st Feb, 12noon KO - Live on Sky.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mourinho just blamed the players

This is the pattern with him. We're seeing it unfold just as it's done at his previous clubs.

I said it before but it's like having a rotten tooth and trying to save it. Eventually when you have it taken out you wish you had done that sooner. He needs to go asap or it's just going to prolong the pain..

Best of a bad lot ain't saying much though.

I agree he should be playing every match, basically because Dier should never play as a centreback in organized football. But it doesn't change the fact that we need to sign 2 experienced, quality CBs and a top notch RB if we're going to get back into the top 4. Rodon can probably be a valuable squad member of a top team...that's as far as I'm prepared to go with it.
Cant disagree with you. Were basically saying rodon is better than whats there 🤷‍♂️

I won’t fault Jose for the shit defenders he has at his disposal but I will blame the old cunt into thinking that this squad can be transformed into a defensive juggernaut with the likes of Davinson, Dier and aging Toby and a not quite ready Rodon as your cb’s as well as the underperforming Doherty or the red card waiting to happen in Aurier. We’ve got Kane, Sonny, Bale, Lucas, Dele , Lamela, etc... Free the reigns you god damn cunt. The 2014 Liverpool squad couldn’t defend if their life depended on it but with Suarez and Sturridge and Sterling they didn’t need to. They had Mignolet at goal and their defenders were the likes of Skrtel and Enrique.
Our defenders are going to give up at least one goal, most likely two like today. We’ve got the talent to score three or four. Let our players play from the start and attack. We’ve got Burnley, Fulham and Palace on the bounce before the scum. It’s inevitable that we’re going to give up goals. We should be scoring 4 or 5 a match.

Fuck your low block and go fuck yourself Jose!!!

In terms of the game itself, I didn't think it was a terrible game to watch. What I will say is, the players are very much going through the motions and we look as if we're struggling with an identity. In recent weeks we're not a defensive team, but I wouldn't say we're at attacking team. We just seem to be sat on the fence. The second half we created a lot more chances. I thought Bale did well when he come on, looked good with the ball and created some chances. The reality of the situation is, our form is shit. We beat the crap teams to paper over the cracks and when we play a decent team there doesn't seem to be any sort of game-plan. Very frustrating.

In terms of the game itself, I didn't think it was a terrible game to watch. What I will say is, the players are very much going through the motions and we look as if we're struggling with an identity.
Dier was definitely just going through the motions - he barely broke a sweat.

Oh seriously, fuck this shit.... fuck off Spurs, you don't deserve our support... the grounds are fucking empty, So what do you care....?

2-1 down with 30 mins to play.... vs. 0-3 down with 8 minutes to play....

how do you think that plays out???
ONLY SPURS!

The unintended brilliance of this post is that it actually and completely explains our season in wonderful clarity.

We lose games we are leading in and cannot claim points when we fall behind.

I doubt the remedy is massive because the quality is in the squad but our mentality needs a complete overhaul.

And yet if you did not know it you would say remedy equalled Mourinho. Only us.

I can´t get my head around how Levy could appoint this clown after what happened at ManUre! It was pretty obvious to most all of us he was done.

Levy fucked it up big time, and now we´re back to mid-table-mediocrity :mourcry:

First of all we need to fire this dinosaur Mourinho NOW.
In the summer we need 6-7 BIG signings, with a new progressive coach, and get rid of players like Doherty, Dier, Sanchez, Davies, Winks, Sissoko, Lamela,

Hell we might even have to get rid of Loris and Aurier

The unintended brilliance of this post is that it actually and completely explains our season in wonderful clarity.

We lose games we are leading in and cannot claim points when we fall behind.

I doubt the remedy is massive because the quality is in the squad but our mentality needs a complete overhaul.

And yet if you did not know it you would say remedy equalled Mourinho. Only us.
Most of the time when we've been holding a 1 goal lead going into the 65th minute it has just felt inevitable that the opposition will equalise by full time.

When we're losing by a goal in the 65th minute, not once have I thought that we were going to push on and get an equaliser.

So - can't hold onto a lead...... And can't equalise when losing...... Not a good look is it.

So Jose......... Why is it that your team seems to make more 'individual mistakes' than the opposing teams you've faced so far this season?

Why is that we seem to get punished for every individual mistake we make, but we can never take advantage of an opponents individual mistakes that they make against us?
Simple answer from me would be that Jose likes to play very defensively and hit on the break with little possession but our defenders are not good enough at defending and make errors.
More worryingly judging by todays game ,our attackers are severely uneconomical with goal chances and maybe that's due to the way we play now as they seem to snatch at chances with no end product.

Most of the time when we've been holding a 1 goal lead going into the 65th minute it has just felt inevitable that the opposition will equalise by full time.

When we're losing by a goal in the 65th minute, not once have I thought that we were going to push on and get an equaliser.

So - can't hold onto a lead...... And can't equalise when losing...... Not a good look is it.

It's the key point of our season. Aside from nearly everything else this is just mentality.

Regardless of how we are playing we have led in games but been pegged back but maybe because our play relies so much on 2 players, once we go behind we are not progressive or inventive enough to find a way back.

It is such an obvious issue.

Back
Top Bottom