Tottenham Vs Antwerp, Europa League - Thursday 10th Dec 8pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If they start to play shit, they should be benched. Like Dele and Eriksen was.
Lucky we have a proper manager now who knows how to pick teams.
Nice that you’ll review it as it goes along because in the summer you had written it off and called Hojberg an average plodder.
I've since gone on to say what an inspirational signing Hojbjerg has turned out to be

Everyone played their part tonight. Including Jose.

Very tough call for MotM, but my vote goes to Hojbjerg. Inspirational signing.
You see, I'm more than happy to be proved wrong. Happens to us all.

Just like you've finished up with egg all over your face by demanding we sack off the likes of Tanguy and Toby

:dierpochhug:

Egg+on+my+face.jpg

I've since gone on to say what an inspirational signing Hojbjerg has turned out to be

You see, I'm more than happy to be proved wrong. Happens to us all.

Just like you've finished up with egg all over your face by demqnding we sack off the likes of Tanguy and Toby

:dierpochhug:

Egg+on+my+face.jpg

No egg on my face whatsoever, you’re the one writing off signings before they’ve even kicked a ball, in order to slate the chairman while cry wanking for the last manager.

You expect nothing but failure, then when it’s good, you want a group hug.

You’re waiting for us to lose top spot, then you will demand major investment in January knowing it won’t come, then you will claim the manager you didn’t want wasn’t backed and Levy Out....

Your celebrations come title day will be tainted.
A little part of you wants ENIC to fail.

Your celebrations come title day will be tainted.
A little part of you wants ENIC to fail.
Every part of me wants Spurs to win, mate. No matter who the owners are.

Why would I spend every transfer window demanding we sign good players?
You haven't thought this through, have you.
Just like you keep tagging me and asking where I am. When I'm right here having a conversation with you!!

No. I'm just delighted to see us winning and top of the league. Long may it continue. Nothing would please me more than to see Levy shake off the burden of the least succesful chairman in Spurs post war history

:tobyarm:

I'll carry on enjoying the moment and drinking it in. While you carry on abusing our players and arguing with other supporters.

I feel for you matey. I really do

:dierpochhug:❤️❤️

Last edited:
Every part of me wants Spurs to win, mate. No matter who the owners are.

Why would I spend every transfer window demanding we sign good players?
You haven't thought this through, have you.
Just like you keep tagging me and asking where I am. When I'm right here having a conversation with you!!

No. I'm just delighted to see us winning and top of the league. Long may it continue. Nothing would please me more than to see Levy shake off the burden of the least succesful chairman in Spurs post war history

:tobyarm:

I'll carry on enjoying the moment and drinking it in. While you carry on abusing our players and arguing with other supporters.

I feel for you matey. I really do

:dierpochhug:❤️❤️
Don’t feel sorry for me, this is what I told you would happen without Poch.
This isn’t your time. Your time is January 1- January 30 and then a few summer months.

My time is during the season.
You post 1000 times a week when there’s no football, but don’t worry the wheels could fall off and then you’ll have Scott back too.

This isn’t your time. Your time is January 1- January 30 and then a few summer months.
So why keep tagging me? (think before you post)

We're top of the league and I'm loving it. You said you was hoping for a mid table finish to sort the wheat from the chaff. ( your actual words)

I understand your bitterness. I just don't think you should expect others to share it.

Just try and enjoy the ride like the rest of us.

We keep arguing this point. I still maintain he is home trained.

Article 42 Player lists • Regulations of the UEFA Europa League • Reader • UEFA Documents
An "association-trained player" is a player who, between the age of 15 (or the start of the season during which the player turns 15) and 21 (or the end of the season during which the player turns 21), and irrespective of his nationality and age, has been registered with a club or with other clubs affiliated to the same association as that of his current club for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons (i.e. a period starting with the first official match of the relevant national championship and ending with the last official match of that relevant national championship) or of 36 months. In the context of this paragraph, the season immediately preceding a player’s 15th birthday may be counted if his birthday is after the last match of the relevant national championship but before or on 30 June (winter championships) or 31 December (summer championships), and the season immediately following his 21st birthday may be counted if his birthday is on or after 1 July (winter championships) or 1 January (summer championships) but before the first match of the relevant national championship.

Ownership Statement | Swansea (swanseacity.com)
Swansea City AFC Limited is a member of the English Football League and the Football Association of Wales and is an affiliate member of the West Wales Football Association.

Conclusion

Tottenham Hotspur are affiliated to The Football Association (of England).
Swansea City are affiliated to the Football Association of Wales

So as Swansea City are NOT affiliated to the same football association as Tottenham (as UEFA require) , and Rodon trained at Swansea, Rodon is an overseas trained player as far as Tottenham are concerned.

So as Swansea City are NOT affiliated to the same football association as Tottenham (as UEFA require) , and Rodon trained at Swansea, Rodon is an overseas trained player as far as Tottenham are concerned.
WTF, why do those stupid Welsh cunts have to play in the English league, and be a Welsh FA memeber, how does that make any sense?

What do they gain by doing that? If they were English FA affiliated, they'd get access to all English players as "home grown", all their potential exports would also be home grown.

So in a hypothetical Swansea EL run do they run afoul of the UEFA homegrown rule? Or have they actually managed to put together a team largely of Welsh players?

So why keep tagging me? (think before you post)

We're top of the league and I'm loving it. You said you was hoping for a mid table finish to sort the wheat from the chaff. ( your actual words)

I understand your bitterness. I just don't think you should expect others to share it.

Just try and enjoy the ride like the rest of us.
Again, I’m enjoying it more than you are John.
Because it’s what I wanted.

We didn’t need to be mid table. Most of the chaff disappeared because we are top. Win win.

Last edited:
Again, I’m enjoying it more than you are John.
Because it’s what I wanted.
I'm with you on a lot of different issues here, but why don't you just ignore him? Calling him out over and over again to gloat just comes across as very childish.

I realise that all of us frequent posters are losers to some extent, but why make it worse than it has to be?

I'm with you on a lot of different issues here, but why don't you just ignore him? Calling him out over and over again to gloat just comes across as very childish.

I realise that all of us frequent posters are losers to some extent, but why make it worse than it has to be?
This goes back ten years.
I don’t want to ignore him, and for one of the posters who I bicker with a lot I actually have a lot of time for him. He’s not a scum bag like some of them and he’s not a fan that turned up three years ago and tries to tell us how the club should be run.
His opinion is valid but massively flawed and for a lifer he doesn’t understand the club which I find absurd.

Sorry, Sammy. We both know that's not true.

You're enjoying spending hours on end on here telling other fans I told you so.

The rest of us are enjoying the football and great results against our rivals.
That’s just the icing on the cake goading you and little Scott......

Me: “Poch has lost it and needs sacking. Eriksen and Dele need to go, Jose is a top manager, Levy will back him. We need a striker and a DM, we will improve”
Got what I wanted = happy

You: “Poch is the best manager we can have and we can’t get anyone better. Levy won’t back any other manager anyway and is a cunt and should leave. Joe Lewis has a yacht so we won’t sign Bale. We are signing bargain basement Champo shit and our rivals have eclipsed us”
Wrong in all counts = barely post anymore

Im over the moon.
You’ll never be fully happy because we aren’t “like Chelsea.”

Article 42 Player lists • Regulations of the UEFA Europa League • Reader • UEFA Documents
Conclusion

Tottenham Hotspur are affiliated to The Football Association (of England).
Swansea City are affiliated to the Football Association of Wales

Rodon, Davies and Dier are all non-HG in the EL.

WTF, why do those stupid Welsh cunts have to play in the English league, and be a Welsh FA memeber, how does that make any sense?

What do they gain by doing that? If they were English FA affiliated, they'd get access to all English players as "home grown", all their potential exports would also be home grown.

So in a hypothetical Swansea EL run do they run afoul of the UEFA homegrown rule? Or have they actually managed to put together a team largely of Welsh players?

The Welsh FA and Welsh clubs like it this way as they maintain the position of having a Wales National team whilst allowing Welsh clubs playing in a much better quality league than the Welsh domestic leagues.

Swansea, Cardiff and other 'higher profile clubs' have a high proportion of Welsh players who were trained by a club affiliated to the Football Association of Wales, but also 'import' players trained by clubs affiliated to the FA (ie English clubs) and indeed other countries FA's. The Welsh clubs still have to abide by the rules requiring 8 'locally trained' (ie HG) players but in their case there is a smaller pool, of these as there are that many Welsh clubs producing good players, so its no easier than Spurs trying to find those 8 'locally trained' players.

The Welsh FA and Welsh clubs like it this way as they maintain the position of having a Wales National team whilst allowing Welsh clubs playing in a much better quality league than the Welsh domestic leagues.

Swansea, Cardiff and other 'higher profile clubs' have a high proportion of Welsh players who were trained by a club affiliated to the Football Association of Wales, but also 'import' players trained by clubs affiliated to the FA (ie English clubs) and indeed other countries FA's. The Welsh clubs still have to abide by the rules requiring 8 'locally trained' (ie HG) players but in their case there is a smaller pool, of these as there are that many Welsh clubs producing good players, so its no easier than Spurs trying to find those 8 'locally trained' players.
but Swansea being in Welsh FA not reuired for the We;sh nt to exist,

but Swansea being in Welsh FA not reuired for the We;sh nt to exist,

Agreed but The football Association of Wales are represented by the Wales national team, so FAW will want to try to keep Swansea in FAW.

And Swansea fans will probably also be fans of Wales national team, so public/fans pressure for Swansea club to stay in FAW.

Is current situation ideal ? No but their compromise works for them

Back
Top Bottom