Tottenham Vs Antwerp, Europa League - Thursday 10th Dec 8pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Personally i think there should be a minutes silence or applause before every match in case someone accidentally gets overlooked. Indeed, i think next seasons kit should have a black armband incoroprated into the sleeve for the same reason.

:levyeyes:

Being the top scorer in the World Cup. You ever done it? Most of the greatest players who have ever lived haven’t done it.

It’s not right that you are diminishing Rossi’s achievements because of some weird fixation about overseas players.
I think you are reading too much into my post and seemingly managing to miss the main point of it.
But thanks for managing to make me out to be some wild eyed xenophobe!

At no point did I make this about nationality, apart from to query whether the Italians took time to mourn the passing of Nobby Stiles.

It was largely a rhetorical question anyway, Britain has gone into perpetual mourning and apology mode, in fear of offending anyone and everyone.

Looking forward to the pre-match silence for Barbara Windsor on Sunday.

Added to the fact, half an hour for our front two won't do them any harm, and will keep them sharp for Sunday.... a full 90minutes is another matter.... but going a goal up, bringing them on for 30 mins, and scoring another is pretty much Plan executed as far as I can see.
Agree with all your post and specifically this bit. It should be remembered it was a pretty easy 30 minutes, I doubt that any of those who came on are exhausted physically and mentally from their experience.

It surprised me in BT's "Won't anybody think of the Winks" gushing was that it's perfectly possible that Jose wanted to give Ndombele some minutes to shake off the cobwebs. Otherwise he'd be going into the Palace match not having played for ten days

Anyone else feel sorry Mick Cooper for having his life ruined because a footballing icon was given a few seconds respect in death before a football match the day after he died?

I do. I truly feel sorry for Mick Cooper.
I hope Mick Cooper can bounce back one day. They say it takes time.
God you're a dick.
Is there is no depth that you won't sink to - to get an attempted cheap shot in?

Hey if Rossi is your idea of a footballing Icon, then fill your boots.

Black armbands all round when Gregorz Lato shuffles off this mortal coil.

Grow the fuck up sammy

Just think, Rodon is likely to be eligible for the next round.

Also
I think we will jump into Jan window and buy some better players

Amended for you.

Need to create an 'Overseas Trained' player place by either loan or sale of one of current EL squad (and neither Gazzaniga or Gedson are in squad) or simply omitting one of the existing EL squad.

Agreed it's very likely intend to get him into EL squad but no idea how.

Amended for you.

Need to create an 'Overseas Trained' player place by either loan or sale of one of current EL squad (and neither Gazzaniga or Gedson are in squad) or simply omitting one of the existing EL squad.

Agreed it's very likely intend to get him into EL squad but no idea how.
We keep arguing this point. I still maintain he is home trained.

Agree with all your post and specifically this bit. It should be remembered it was a pretty easy 30 minutes, I doubt that any of those who came on are exhausted physically and mentally from their experience.

It surprised me in BT's "Won't anybody think of the Winks" gushing was that it's perfectly possible that Jose wanted to give Ndombele some minutes to shake off the cobwebs. Otherwise he'd be going into the Palace match not having played for ten days
Presume it's also beneficial for squad cohesion and morale if big names are played in dead rubbers. In Lions Tours one of the trickier issues the selectors face is the "2nd XV" syndrome, with those players getting hacked off because they've no chance of the Tests, but still required to turn out in tiny out of the way places in matches where no one in GB and I cares a fig for the results.

Mind you, if any of those 3 had picked up an injury I can only imagine the meltdown here

volcanic_eruptions_v1.jpg

Not sure you know what you’ve actually said Mick. I’ll leave this here. It would help to move this on if you didn’t talk so much horseshit.
I asked where does it all stop? and where is the bar for all of this. None of which you have addressed, what you have done is taken one bit and tried to make that the entire context of my post - and now posted abuse about me on a personal level.

Go you

Jose Mourinho is the manager , he has every right to sub anyone without any question , i don't see anyone asking Pep or klopp why this guy didn't play why that didn't . United become the circus we know today simply because they gave players more power than the manager

Presume it's also beneficial for squad cohesion and morale if big names are played in dead rubbers. In Lions Tours one of the trickier issues the selectors face is the "2nd XV" syndrome, with those players getting hacked off because they've no chance of the Tests, but still required to turn out in tiny out of the way places in matches where no one in GB and I cares a fig for the results.

Mind you, if any of those 3 had picked up an injury I can only imagine the meltdown here

volcanic_eruptions_v1.jpg
A very good point, not one I'd really considered.

It underlines what an incredibly difficult job it must be to juggle all these different aspects. Hence why they earn such huge salaries and hence why people who say things like "I could win the league with Bayern/Juventus/PSG etc." are talking out of their sweaty holes

Last edited:
God you're a dick.
Is there is no depth that you won't sink to - to get an attempted cheap shot in?

Hey if Rossi is your idea of a footballing Icon, then fill your boots.

Black armbands all round when Gregorz Lato shuffles off this mortal coil.

Grow the fuck up sammy
70 YEAR OLD FOOTY EXPERT DOESNT KNOW ABOUT 1982 WORLD CUP FINAL AND REFUSES TO ACKNOWLEDGE ONE OF THE MOST ICONIC HAT TRICKS IN THE HISTORY OF THE GAME SHOCKER!!!!!!

Added to the fact, half an hour for our front two won't do them any harm, and will keep them sharp for Sunday.... a full 90minutes is another matter.... but going a goal up, bringing them on for 30 mins, and scoring another is pretty much Plan executed as far as I can see.

That’s the whole point. It could do them harm. For the sake of what, we’d already qualified (and Mou himself said, being too doesn’t guarantee an easier draw)?

And I would argue people like Winks and Vinicius needed those minutes more than Kane, Son and Ndombele (who missed the last game through minor injury) did.

Last edited:
70 YEAR OLD FOOTY EXPERT DOESNT KNOW ABOUT 1982 WORLD CUP FINAL AND REFUSES TO ACKNOWLEDGE ONE OF THE MOST ICONIC HAT TRICKS IN THE HISTORY OF THE GAME SHOCKER!!!!!!
he didnt score a hat trick in the final, I'm not 70 and you are a childish dullard.
I was in Italy, watching the final with a lot of excitable Italians, thank you very much

Back
Top Bottom