Tottenham Vs Antwerp, Europa League - Thursday 10th Dec 8pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Those who disagreed I hope you are watching this game so you can get some clues of why I have been criticizing this player. It is so apparent to see. made 3-4 bad decision. His movement without the ball was poor. Yes, he almost made up for them twice but overall has been another disappointing performance. I cannot trust this guy against tougher competition. He lacks a lot of quality, observe them in the second half if you wish but don’t point your gun at my head. Point it at him because he has been a disappointment.
:leaveityeah:

I think we do in as much as we could lose a player and drop someone else in to their place and not notice a huge difference in quality.

But if you only play a side in Europa matches, they are going to be pretty average.
Maybe, but even if you look at this XI as a group of individuals, I don't know if I'd call many of them great players.

Maybe it was the slightly dismissive use of 'pegs it' that 'deserved the reply... he's not the Monty Python parrot!

...and as for him being implicated in cheating... that's as maybe, but by that logic, Maradona's death probably didn't even deserve a mention with what he got up to... yet he got 3 days of National mourning!!!
I think we all know that where footballers are concerned, what they get up to off the pitch doesn't have any bearing of what they do on it...(not that I think that's a good thing btw!)
for all of Maradonas failings, he was a god made human as a footballer, but sadly one with the failings of an ordinary human being - as was Gazza.

Rossi had one good world cup and was massively implicated in match fixing, a level of cheating that Maradona never dabbled in, his failings tended to be human rather than of a corporate nature.

Notwithstanding, football seems to be immersing itself in - and almost wallowing in saying sorry and being in a permant state of mourning that it seems unable to shake itself out of.

A nod to the passing of an Italian hero sure, but not really the responsibility of a British team to conduct a memorial to his memory.

Did the Milan/Turin/Florence/Rome teams have a moment of personal reflection when Nobby Stiles death was announced? I suspect not.

But this is where our best chances have come from. They are pushing up on our defenders but putting no pressure on Hart. They are leaving their 3 defenders in the back vs our 3 attackers. Jose saw how they were set up and that’s why he’s told Hart to do it this way. Our 3 attackers should be able to score in a 3v3 scenario. They need to be better up top.
Surely an extra man in midfield and playing it into our front three along the ground would be better than lumping it up to them in the air, by passing our midfield and hoping to win a second ball? Who am I to judge though.

This is what happens when you set up too defensively against average sides.
You control it defensively but then sacrifice control in the midfield so end up losing it or having to lump it up front.

Just a loosening of the handbrake required. back four. Beef up the midfield. Play through them quickly and away we go.

Back
Top Bottom