Tottenham Vs Antwerp, Europa League - Thursday 10th Dec 8pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm on a great stream the commentary is ahead of play so if things go tits up i can turn it off.
I must be watching the same stream. I thought it was a problem on my client side but decided not to bother with trying to fix it. Glad I didn't now!

It’s 100 percent instructions from the manager.
At the start of the match Hart tried to play a chipped ball out to Reguilon and Mourinho shouted at him pointing in the direction of up the pitch.
Very tough stuff to watch.
But this is where our best chances have come from. They are pushing up on our defenders but putting no pressure on Hart. They are leaving their 3 defenders in the back vs our 3 attackers. Jose saw how they were set up and that’s why he’s told Hart to do it this way. Our 3 attackers should be able to score in a 3v3 scenario. They need to be better up top.

Matches like these are why I'm skeptical whenever someone says "Spurs have two great XIs". There's really only one with a handful of decent backups in some positions.

Wow. Poor so far. Antwerp have a good shape and are decent athletically.

Davies, Winks and Doherty haven't turned up yet. No urgency from any of them, don't want the ball.

Gio had a few positive bits of play but mostly bad. Vinicius the same. Bale not at much. Reguilon active but frustrated. Lucas, Sanchez and Tanganga decent, but none of the centre backs look comfortable on the ball and not making passes into midfield. Physical presence in midfield is very poor. Long ball worked a few times.

Was worried about Tanganga, hopefully he'll be alright.

Last edited:
Those who disagreed I hope you are watching this game so you can get some clues of why I have been criticizing this player. It is so apparent to see. made 3-4 bad decision. His movement without the ball was poor. Yes, he almost made up for them twice but overall has been another disappointing performance. I cannot trust this guy against tougher competition. He lacks a lot of quality, observe them in the second half if you wish but don’t point your gun at my head. Point it at him because he has been a disappointment.

Sounds like we're making hard work of it... but i'd still rather stick with the players we've got on the pitch and hope they can sneak a goal, than risk any 1st teamers from the bench ahead of Sunday...

Maybe Dane Scarlett or Harvey White can be the difference if they come on!!!
Really wouldn't risk Kane or Son right now.... surely this team is capable of scoring at some stage!!

Nobody playing well and nobody playing badly. Just average all round and a boring pile of pish to watch.

Can’t expect anything else when we make so many changes.

Back
Top Bottom