Chelsea vs Tottenham, Sunday 29th Nov - KO 4:30pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They had two or three chances to put it back in the net. If Giroud was on instead of Abraham I am confident he would have scored. I was very pleased with how we played vs Man City using the same system but against Chelsea today we were poor.

They are the home team and ran the game. You'd expect those kinds of chances. Tammy didn't fuck those up. A nudge or shove just to get him off balance was deliberate. Hugo made a great save but he's that good that it's bread and butter. Cannot be anything but happy with city and Chelsea ending with 4 points

We would all have taken 4 points out of City and Chelsea going into this.

Good game all in all. A solid defensive performance. Our attack was little lacking but Chelsea marshalled our attack almost as well as we marshalled there's. This was two bulls knocking heads for 90 minutes.

Two games on the bounce now where we have made sure that top six rivals end up with very few serious chances to score. That's great stuff.

Now we rest and secure the EL knockout stages on Thursday. Then we take on the scum!

Was not a poor game from Harry at all. We didn't get the ball to him much and Chelsea had most of the ball. and he had to be played into him at the end.

Sorry, so you're saying it was a good game from him?

I hope him being some kind of creative genius isn't getting to his head that's all. He's a striker first and foremost and my god we could have done with one of those today. Someone to try and actually bully that Chelsea back line and hold the ball up for us when we kept knocking it long.

Kane is an intelligent player - he was anything but that today.

Any chance we had of winning pretty much ended when Ndombele went off to be honest.

Only one of our midfielders who can actually take the ball under pressure, beat a press and try and create. When he went off Chelsea KNEW they had midfield and dominated.

Will take the draw. Said I would have taken it before the game and considering how the game turned out, grateful we got one.
The problem with Ndombele coming off and Lo Celso coming on is that the team loses balance. Lo Celso is a very good 10 but he's not going to drop deep and resist pressure like Ndombele. So we are left with only Hojbjerg in the midifield to progress the ball because Sissoko's only job is to help Aurier and man-mark Werner. We keep our defensive shape, but we lose a lot of what we do in transition and ball-progression. It's fine if we have a lead, but if we are needing a goal it really kills any flow going forward.

Ironically, Mourinho needs to figure out what to do when Ndombele ISN'T on the pitch. He's as important as Hojbjerg to the team now.

Anyone else notice that Sky and co don't hype up Chelsea's '£200m signings' any more?

UnfinishedBetterGraywolf-small.gif

Im okay with us playing like this against the likes of city, liverpool and chelsea, but tbh I hope we dont slowly transition to playing like that against the others for the rest of the season. Happy with the point, just hope we continue to change our style based to the oppo

Was not a poor game from Harry at all. We didn't get the ball to him much and Chelsea had most of the ball. and he had to be played into him at the end.
No he had a poor game. I don't recall ever seeing so many intercepted passes from Harry. His decision making was usually off today.

Just one of those days. Nothing to be worried about.

Happy with the point, not getting beaten by top 6 sides is key to winning the league.

N'dombele was fucking superb today.
Rodon was encouraging.
I'm not sure what Stevie B adds. He's not terrible but doesn't seem to do much, takes up sonny's space on the right. I think i prefer Moura on the left and son back where he belongs.

Thought we were very unambitious in possession, would like to see us combine this defence with some attacking intent. (or control in midfield) A heat map of average positions would not make happy reading for us.

If i was a Chelsea fan I'd be fucking furious that Giroud isn't getting minutes but Abraham is.

All in all, we're top of the league, we move on.
I’ll add to that on Stevie B. I can see why Mourinho likes him in these types of games. Does a lot of running, tracks back, very fast, first touch is very good especially with his back to goal but attack wise, very clearly he’s a man short on game time and a bit of confidence. He’s kind of come out of nowhere to play two really big games in the space of the week. 8-9/10 defensively, 5-6/10 offensively last two games.

Wonder will we ever see Bale, Son, Kane, Ndombele, and GLC in the same team. Maybe Mourinho thinks they won’t fit. We seem to have good balance ATM. Don’t fix what isn’t broken

Back
Top Bottom