Chelsea vs Tottenham, Sunday 29th Nov - KO 4:30pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Never feel good about this one, our record against them is just so bad. Winning this one would be a massive marker of our intent.

Great result that. They wanted to win and didn't get it. We wanted a point and did get it. Away from home with our first choice CB missing, on an undefeated run, already top, with big games still to come, a draw for us is a better result.

When you consider the games in hand that other teams have Chelsea may not even be in the top four once everyone has played 10 games.

And they were good. Probably one of the toughest games we will face to be honest. They made it difficult for us to play how we wanted on the counter. Gave us no time or space and that meant mistakes in those final passes. No point bringing Bale on or something like that and risking losing a point and gifting our rivals three points and destroying our momentum. We just won a point and should all be happy.

I know I am. Go look a the league table. We are top. Come the end of the season points like today will make all the difference potentially.

Is it just me, or did it look like a)Chelsea were too scared to actually attack properly and leave space for our counter and b) played absolute turd if that’s the best they can do?

Weird that this is being spun as if we ‘hung on’. We barely stepped out of a stroll and didn’t even try to attack for some reason, and their £200m of attacking talent managed nothing worth noting.

Dull game - we’ll beat them at NWHL and any other time we come across them in one-offs. Jose came for the point and took it - they were playing like they were terrified of us despite our apparent lack of interest.

Would Poch produce a better performance yesterday with

-well settled Ndombele and GLC instead overrated Dele and Eriksen
-PEH at the base of midfield instead average Winks
-Reguilon instead of Davies/Rose
-Bergwijn instead of frustrating Lucas/Lamela

We had as good as if not better XI than Chelsea but played like they were peak Barcelona
Poch wouldn’t have signed Hojberg, Reguilon or Bergwijn though. Or sold Eriksen or dropped Dele.

We’re top, and have taken 7pts from three rivals that supposedly “showed us” how to do a transfer window and have progressive modern managers and elite tactics.

But it’s not enough, because we haven’t won every game, even Chelsea away is now considered a 3 pointer? Even with a “dinosaur” as manager? What gives?

Expect 12th but when we’re top, it’s not pure enough.

Please don't park the bus Jose. Chelsea have so much more variety in their attack than City. I can't see Chelsea not breaking us down if we set up like the City game. We need to offer more going forward than a couple of counter-attacks and give Chelsea something to worry about. Lampard out thought Jose twice last season - I hope Jose has something more in his locker this time.
I suspect though that it will be the usual negative Jose tactics. COYS
These trolls just get worse and worse

Back
Top Bottom